Neil Young Launches Online Archives (1st December 2017)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Defrance, Aug 4, 2017.

1. borderwolf

borderwolf prisoner of rock'n'roll

Do you have some interesting figures?

2. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

I just bought the double vinyl of Songs For Judy so you can add that to the list.

3. RomanZ

RomanZ Forum Resident

German tour dates with POTR are being set for June-July, according to The Contrarian.

YoungMark and Heart of Gold like this.
  4. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Neil answers to several letters, included my letter on Mediterranean and the unreleased song Four Walls. According to Neil Mediterranean was more a project than an album, Neil is working on a compilation of unreleased songs, included the Mediterranean song. Four Walls doesn't exist as an unreleased song as I had suspected in my little research "published "here and on The Rust List.
    Unknown Neil Young Songs. Four Walls= Star of Bethlehem?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    jammincrowe, nbadge and Graham like this.
  5. Heart of Gold

A few of other things published on the letters section. Early Daze is still in pre production, Toast is in post production. A few of letters published on NYA with an aggressive language towards Neil and NYA. Some people are really crazy.

borderwolf, RomanZ and RayS like this.
  6. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

How can some people honestly be that pissed off about this? You get a lot of stuff for $20, way more value than I get for most other things I spend $20 on. Then factor in that the presales which honestly sound awesome to me. Shows with real fans and good seats are available to them instead of ticketmaster reselling their own tickets for inflated prices for anything decent. Its a gong show and I am really enjoying this archives thing. Hell Neil even answers your letters about relevant stuff, he answered a question I had about the validity of an official Ducks release that I've been wondering about for years. If you told me ten years ago for $20 I could submit a letter to Neil asking a question and he'd answer it personally, hell I might have thought $20 was worth it just for that, let alone presales for good seats and almost his entire catalog in high res streams. Its just unreal to me that people are that upset.

7. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

I asked about a Dreamin' Man vinyl reissue and the following response was posted: "Dreamin’ Man is from a CD quality master. We will get to the vinyl soon. It is on our request list. We can make it sound better than a CD by using a professional DAC (digital to analog converter). That’s all we can do with CD masters but it does make a large difference. NYA"

8. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

The internet is for hot takes only sir. Calm and reasoned responses have no place on the interwebs.

Efus, Cassius, redsock and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Oooooh hot take.

10. Neil seems to bring out some of the most heated comments, especially negative ones, for whatever reason.

YoungMark likes this.
  11. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Kudos to Neil for publishing those two letters and responding to them in a pleasant fashion.

ronbow, YoungMark, unclefred and 9 others like this.
  12. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I watched The Weight of the World vid on Hearse Theater. I remember seeing it before. I wasn't sure about Neil at that time except I was thinking he was going for comic and novelty songs. Until Freedom came.

13. Rasselas

Rasselas “Neil Young Unreleased - NYU” on Facebook

In case anyone is interested, here is a list of Hearse Theater Screenings so far. This had to be reconstructed because no one I know has kept a list. There may well be gaps and possibly incorrect dates too. I would welcome any corrections and additions. The list will be updated regularly now on the unofficial NYA Facebook group which also keeps an ongoing list of Songs Of The Day.

Hearse Theater Screenings 2017-2018
    01 Dec 2017 HomeTown, Coronation Hall, Omemee, Livestream, solo
    01 May 2018 Warnors Theater, Fresno, Livestream, with Crazy Horse
    12 May 2018 Muddy Track
    20 Jun 2018 Lobero Theater, Santa Barbara, Livestream, with POTR
    03 Jul 2018 Fox Theater, Detroit, Livestream, solo
    11 Jul 2018 Wang Theater, Boston, Livestream, solo

21 Sep 2018 Like A Hurricane, 23.7.2013 (TBC), Plaine de l'Asse, Nyon

31 Oct 2018 Grey Riders
    01 Nov 2018 Ohio
    10 Dec 2018 Who’s Gonna Stand Up (Free download available to subscribers prior to this)
    13 Dec 2018 There’s A World
    15 Dec 2018 Be The Rain
    15 Dec 2018 Day At The Gallery (Americana)
    17 Dec 2018 Touch The Night
    19 Dec 2018 Weight Of The World
    20 Dec 2018 Southern Pacific
    21 Dec 2018 On The Way Home
    25 Dec 2018 HomeTown, 1.12.2017, Coronation Hall, Omemee, solo

Hearse Theater Screenings 2019
    03 Jan 2019 Harvest Moon (In memoriam Pegi Young who died 1 Jan 2019)
    09 Jan 2019 Sample And Hold

14. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

Boston 2018 was a thing? I missed that entirely and thought Detroit was the only show from the tour.

Heart of Gold likes this.
  15. sram16

sram16 Forum Resident

It would be cool as a NY fan who already owns all his music that they split the live videos from NYA and sell them as albums

Heart of Gold likes this.
  16. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

"Pressure" was up during the past week I believe.

Rasselas and Heart of Gold like this.
  17. Heart of Gold

I missed the Boston screening. Terrible.

18. Heart of Gold

I missed completely the Boston show. I hope that all these shows will be screened again like the Home Town.

19. Rasselas

Rasselas “Neil Young Unreleased - NYU” on Facebook

You are right. I had it noted but missed it off the list. 6 Jan 2019.

RayS likes this.
  20. Once they have put them up they should stay up.Typical Neil nonsense.

GregK likes this.
  21. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Why are some people 'Hard of Hearing', but no one is 'Easy of Hearing'? There's a question for Neil.

22. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Gimme gimme gimme. Typical fan nonsense.

Efus likes this.
  23. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

No, typical consumer expectations. We're now paying for access to content, so it should be available on demand ala Netflix. You can't be a on demand streaming service and a broadcast once and done service at the same time without getting some people upset about stuff being available only fleetingly.

sram16, Efus, FourWalledWorld and 3 others like this.
  24. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

I plunked down the NYA subscription cash without even thinking about it — I’m that big a Neil fan. But even I can admit it is ridiculous to not have these Hearse Theatre videos available permanently. We are paying customers, clearly interested in all things Neil. If we aren’t able to log in to NYA for a few days, we should not be punished.

Josip, aoxomoxoa and FourWalledWorld like this.
  25. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

They're not?

I only check the website once every couple of weeks; I figured that once something was posted, it would be continually available.

That's not very considerate, frankly.