Neil Young recording with Daniel Lanois-"Le Noise" out 9/28*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GregK, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFAIK, Hitchhiker is one of the tracks on the new album and was a working title before it came to be officially called Le Noise. :)

2. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

As long as it's not Greendale...I've liked about every other Neil album since Ragged Glory.

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

What can I say? I'm a fan and thought he would have a winner somewhere in the bunch. Granted there were a couple. I didn't buy all of them, but most of them. But I did hear all of them at one time or another.

4. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I'm in, awesome news. :thumbsup:

5. GregK

GregK I'm speechless Thread Starter

The Blue ray of Fork in the Road never appeared, did it?

6. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Did Neil announce it would be released on Blu Ray?

7. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Just the opposite for me - I'd be okay if he'd never come within a hundred miles of any of them after 1974.

8. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

Preordered.

9. ymenard

ymenard Forum Resident

A track like Bandit from Greendale is I guess pretty close to what's going to be on "Le Noise", in that it's a solo track, but with his guitar used in a very Lanois-style, especiallty if those live tracks he did not long ago are on that album (using 6th string with a pedal for bass lines, etc..).

10. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

The joke in the title does seem kinda obvious.

11. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

no

12. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Fork In The Road was never announced in BluRay but the remasters of the first 4 albums were and they never appeared.
    The Q&A section on the Archives website still says that they will be published...

13. GregK

GregK I'm speechless Thread Starter

Yes, it was discussed early on, before it was released. There's discussion of it on Thrasher's Wheat from winter 2009. I don't know what ever happened to it.

14. kevin

kevin Senior Member

It's coming out on Blu ray in November.

15. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Well there's also talk of Archives 2, 3, etc.. But there's been no official announcement. Same with blu-ray "Fork."

16. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

My apologies if this has already been posted, but thanks to our German friends over at Amazon, it looks like we've got ourselves a tracklist:

1. Walk With Me
    2. Sign Of Love
    3. Someone's Gonna Rescue You
    4. Love And War
    5. Angry World
    6. Hitchhiker
    7. Peaceful Valley Boulevard
    8. Rumblin'

http://www.amazon.de/Noise-Neil-Young/dp/B003ZBJ0ZM

Neil being Neil, things very well may change. But I still can't contain my excitement that we may hear a studio version of "Hitchhiker" at last. I treasure the bootleg versions from the early 90s, but this new studio recording should mark the song's official entry into the Neil Young story.

Judging by the content of "Hitchhiker" and other tracks previewed on the "Twisted Road" tour, it seems like Neil is reflecting on his past while still moving forward -- he's not really stopping, just looking out the window of a fast-moving car, going down that twisted road.

I can't believe we are lucky enough to still have Neil around, continuing to follow his muse. I'll be counting down the days until this is released.

17. Bill Cormier

Bill Cormier Forum Resident

18. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Hate to ruin the lovefest, but I shudder to think what this will do to Lanois' ego, which wasn't exactly hurting to begin with.

19. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Is this still happening?

20. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

21. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

+1
    I never could get into Greendale.... just boring.
    But the rest more than compensates that:righton:

22. efraley

efraley Forum Resident

Hmmmm...Neil, Santana, Clapton, Heart, Doobie Brothers and Bachman Turner all with albums out within a month. Is this still 2010 or are we back in the 70s? I'm not complaining as I'll probably get all of them, I'm just amused.

23. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

FITR was available with a 24/96 DVD so I'm not surprised there was no Blu-ray.
    But I suspect it might be the last to be released in that format if he's going BRD on this new one.

His last release (Dreamin' Man) was the first in awhile that wasn't available in any type of higher rez format AFAIK.

CD Universe lists the new album as being called Hitchhiker (?)

24. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

That's because it was originally recorded digitally at 16/44.1 so it didn't make sense to publish an up-sampled version.

25. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Ah..right :agree:

That makes sense....it's a recording from '92 when 16/44.1 was probably all they had.

Wasn't thinking....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.