Neil Young Time Fades Away CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by goodboyfred, Jul 24, 2022.

1. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

says 2017 on the CD

tug_of_war likes this.
  2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Are they packaged differently? Is one a jewel case and not the other? Or is this new version of TFA similar to the standalone version of Homegrown that is oversized and doesn’t fit in the CD rack?

3. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

just bought the standalone CD yesterday, not a jewel case, says 2017 on the CD.

4. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Sleeve size is 133mm x 133mm give or take a millimetre or so.

5. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Then that would be identical to the disc in the ORS 5-8 box. Great sound.

EricSwan likes this.
  6. Somebody Naked

Somebody Naked Forum Resident

It sounds great. Much warmer than my bootleg.

Sean and bonus like this.
  7. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Yes, the sleeve for this standalone reissue is a just a tad smaller than the one that came in the 2017 box.

[​IMG]

bonus, C6H12O6 and yesstiles like this.
  8. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

“slightly dark”

heh heh yeah you got that right!

bonus likes this.
  9. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Shorter and thinner

C6H12O6 likes this.
  10. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Yup

11. Country Rocker

Country Rocker Forum Resident

The cover is far too dark in contrast. But I like it, and the quality of the cardboard used for this release has a very nice finish. They need to release 'Journey Through the Past' now on CD, to round everything off. Or have I got another three decade wait before that finally appears?

bonus and Pawnmower like this.
  12. pool_of_tears

I suppose the cardboard in the ORS box is a little dark, in contrast. It's still ok, though. As for Journey...we just might get that sooner than later.

13. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Any graphologists here who can analyze Neil's handwriting? My rudimentary skills indicated " an individual with distorted space time engagement." and suggest Archive Vol 6 is next, new song "Pipeline" followed by 4, new album, new album, new song "Pipe Lines" (a duet with and about Crosby) ultra expanded "Everybody Rockin" (only on vinyl), new album, album of Bing Crosby covers with Crazy Horse, Freedom II (depending on who's elected president), a 53 min 'T-Bone" standalone cd, new album with Gordon Lightfoot and Randy Bachman, Volume 5, newly discovered Springfield live tape, new album, rush release of his solo electric dulcimer tour ( but not the surprise duet with Joni), new album. And then Volume 3

DmitriKaramazov and Harm1985 like this.
  14. Leo K

Leo K Forum Resident

I'm listening to this album for the first time today - wow! It's nothing like I imagined based on the writings about it over the years. I'm just starting to appreciate the Ditch Trilogy, one of my blinds spots in Young's vast catalogue.

anth67, Buddybud, izgoblin and 11 others like this.
  15. BoogieFish

BoogieFish Forum Resident

I really like the packaging. It's way too late now, but this would have been a good default CD package. I wish my other Neil CD's matched. Are they available individually or only in the boxsets? If the latter is true you'd think by now they would have updated the packaging on all the others.

16. I didn’t know that this got an individual reissue until last night, when I spotted it at a FYE. So what did I do? I snagged it.

bonus, jamesmaya and Buddybud like this.
  17. And that was absolutely the right thing to do. All I have is one ten buck note left in my wallet and I have to eat for the next week. Food or "Time Fades Away".? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? TFA. :D

Dudley Morris and jamesmaya like this.
  18. DoubleAside

DoubleAside Forum Resident

Ironically Time has Faded away for a cd release of Time Fades Away.

A grand 50th TFA anniversary 3cd release like the csny 74 set would have be great.

kevin5brown and jamesmaya like this.
  19. pool_of_tears

You’ll have to settle for Tuscaloosa, plus the stray tracks on disc one of Archives II

kevin5brown, qtrules and anth67 like this.
  20. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Not a bad harvest, really.

Slot in "War Song" (last track on Archives 1) and studio "Lookout Joe" (TtN), too.

kevin5brown and bonus like this.
  21. pool_of_tears

War Song is from May 1972…too early for Time Fades Away, in my opinion

bonus likes this.
  22. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

A little bit of a stretch, yeah. Same band and post-Harvest, though. And the Time Fades studio tracks start in Nov, just six months later.

pool_of_tears likes this.
  23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I was just in Sunrise Records earlier today, looking at a standalone CD of TFA, and I swear the copy i had in my hand didn't have a "spine" at all... no space for text or anything... not like the one in your picture. Has it been reissued / repackaged yet again in the past year or something?

24. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Odd. According to Discogs the cd was reissued in Europe last year (“Comes in a square cardboard card sleeve (thin spine with text))”.

Neil Young - Time Fades Away

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  25. borderwolf

borderwolf prisoner of rock'n'roll

Yes, as the picture above

jamesmaya likes this.