Netflix Cancels JESSICA JONES and PUNISHER

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

'Jessica Jones,' 'Punisher' Canceled as Netflix Completes Marvel Purge

[​IMG]

Melissa Rosenberg left the series after season three wrapped for an overall deal at Warner Bros. TV; a new showrunner hadn't been named in the wake of her departure.

"Marvel's The Punisher will not return for a third season on Netflix," the streamer said in a statement. "Showrunner Steve Lightfoot, the terrific crew, and exceptional cast including star Jon Bernthal, delivered an acclaimed and compelling series for fans, and we are proud to showcase their work on Netflix for years to come.

"In addition, in reviewing our Marvel programming, we have decided that the upcoming third season will also be the final season for Marvel’s Jessica Jones. We are grateful to showrunner Melissa Rosenberg, star Krysten Ritter and the entire cast and crew for three incredible seasons of this groundbreaking series, which was recognized by the Peabody Awards among many others. We are grateful to Marvel for five years of our fruitful partnership and thank the passionate fans who have followed these series from the beginning."

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm certainly not disappointed. There are way too many comic book series on TV right now. As someone who has always strived to watch all of them it's becoming a chore and is impossible to keep up.

The only one I'm excited about right now is Doom Patrol, which had an interesting premiere.

audiomixer and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  3. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

Completely expected. Too bad about Daredevil and Jessica Jones, slightly less so about Luke Cage. The other two I didn't really care for.

Greg Gee and Vidiot like this.
  4. I am totally disappointed Damn!!!

Paper Wizard and R. Cat Conrad like this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Alllrighty then! Clears the schedule for that much-ballyhoo'd Forbush Man - The Musical! mini-series we've always dreamed of! :goodie:

6. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Not surprised but bitterly disappointed, especially for JJ. Was expecting them to cancel after season three uploaded, though, not before. Still waiting for word on whether we'll get season two on BluRay.

Losing Jessica Jones, Legion and Mr. Robot all in one year. 2019 is already turning into a brutal hellscape. :disgust: :rant:

[​IMG] :love:

[​IMG] :mudscrying:

Bender Rodriguez, woody and Vidiot like this.
  7. Season 2 of The Punisher is weak compared to season 1.

8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Least the actress will get a bit of work in the Breaking Bad movie.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  9. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Forum Resident

As a ghost?

10. alexpop

Flashback scenes I would imagine.

11. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I loved the first season of Jessica Jones, but was ambivalent about S2. So I will wait for S3 to see if I'm sad about the show being cancelled.

12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The only superhero movie I want to see is The Trial of Adam Warlock starring Cody Fern directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky

13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Ps. She’s so hot

conjotter, alexpop and Bingo Bongo like this.
  14. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I enjoyed the Punisher. Sad to see it go.

R. Cat Conrad likes this.
  15. Vidiot

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    93curr likes this.
  16. Vidiot

That's one too many shows for me.

audiomixer likes this.
  17. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

new punisher movie needs to happen

musicfan37 likes this.
  18. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Unlike Season 2, Season 1 kept me riveted and even nervous - to the point I couldn't watch episodes at night! Mind control has always been a part of comic storytelling, but seeing how it was used here was truly more dangerous to watch. Kilgrave actually scared the crap out of me.

19. alexpop

Is Jessica Jones season 2 dvd available?

20. Pjotr into Music

Pjotr into Music Don't be afraid to play this LOUD

i enjoyed the first half of the 2nd season

21. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Hasn't even been announced yet. They put out season 1 on BluRay + DVD right before season 2 uploaded so I'm expecting we'll get some word on a disc release once they announce the upload date for season 3.

Or maybe they'll just wait and put out a Complete Series box set next year.

22. alexpop

Got the blu ray S1

23. MHS3

MHS3 "Long Live Rock'n'Roll"

What they are killing themselves ,i just finished s-2 of Punisher and liked it,they could have done better with Jigsaw,oh well it will show up somewhere else it's a good show,i will be able to save some money now.

24. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Me too. :wave:It would be such a shame if it were left on its lonesome forever.

25. Vidiot

Nice statement from Marvel TV exec Jeph Loeb here:

On behalf of everyone at Marvel Television, we couldn’t be more proud or more grateful to our audience.

Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters… but you know Marvel better than that. As Matthew Murdock’s Dad once said, “The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it’s how he gets back up.”

To be continued…!

'The Punisher' Cancelled, but Marvel Says Defenders Are "to Be Continued" | Inverse

93curr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.