Netflix - Giri / Haji

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rebellovw, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident Thread Starter

Brenald79 and trumpet sounds like this.
  2. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

No kidding , just watched episode 1 - OUTSTANDING !!

Thank You for the heads-up :righton:

3. rebellovw

Sure thing - was wondering why no feedback on this thread - such a cool show.

JackBnimble likes this.
  4. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Not "woke" enough for this crowd ? :D

rebellovw likes this.
  5. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Pretty good series. I am half-way through and enjoying it. Very good characterization, some of them are a bit wacky and over the top but overall pretty good.

rebellovw likes this.
  6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This show is so cool. Quirky characters.

rebellovw likes this.
  7. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I watched two episodes and am enjoying it. I've always been a fan of Japanese culture as well as Brit culture. Mixing the two in an intriguing, complex detective story is a brilliant idea.

It's nice to see Glaswegian Kelly MacDonald again. She deserves more good roles like this one.

rebellovw likes this.
  8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Ep4:
    I really thought this was the end of the series after that ultra violent montage to end the episode. I’m glad there’s 8 episodes. I love how they’re jumping around with the way they’re telling this story. It’s really unique and unexpected with the flashback episodes.

rebellovw likes this.
  9. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

I watched the first episode and loved it. Looking forward to watching the rest.

rebellovw likes this.
  10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Thanks for the heads up. First episode and we're hooked.

rebellovw likes this.
  11. Sedwards

Sedwards Senior Member

Yeah, I'm on the last episode. Great series all around - acting, pace, story line, camera work. The music selection is also great. Keep an eye/ear out for the use of Luke Howard's Pan in episode 6 - the music and scene there is just perfect.

rebellovw likes this.
  12. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

I finished the last episode this past weekend and think that (en toto) the series was excellent. :righton::righton:

rebellovw likes this.
  13. rebellovw

Yeah - I'm on the last episode - really pleased - great music - even featured Coltrane.

14. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

Thought it was an excellent series.

rebellovw likes this.
  15. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Show started off slow, but really is intriguing. I'm halfway thru - Episode 4 was a great one. Episode 2 or 3 however had a scene that most should not have to witness without a warning first. Shame on Netflix for that.

I'm glad I tuned in. Kelly Macdonald is always a great actor. And I'm glad I have 10 fingers.

rebellovw likes this.
  16. rebellovw

What? Shame on what? Awesome show just finished and I hope they have another season.

17. dougotte

I just watched episode 6, and although the director and cinematographer are the same, it had a completely different look and feel that suited the reflective mood of the episode.

Some of the plot points in the series are implausible (it took the police chief 6 episodes to suspect Kenzo? Kenzo lets Taki run around London with a drug addicted prostitute?) but I enjoy the characters and cultural points so much, I'm willing to overlook them.

18. dougotte

I finished the series over the weekend. I guess they left some things open in case they do a second series, but I think this one would be better left after one.

That black-and-white dance scene with swelling string music was certainly ambitious.

The Panda and robertawillisjr like this.
  19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

we stretched it out so long, but finally finished it. Wow!!! But we have a question.

SPOILER ALERT

a question--when the fat guy with e head injury called his boss in Japan, he was in the big meeting with Endo and Fukahara. He got pale as he listened to the fat guy talk. What did the fat guy know that he didn't know?
    There is no way he knew in London that either Fukahara or Endo was going to be killed in Japan.

20. JackBnimble

JackBnimble Forum Resident

Just finished watching this terrific series. To answer your question believe that the fat cop found out that Endo deliberately had his nephew killed to start the war and that the peace meeting was going to be a trap.

rebellovw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.