Netflix Series "YOU" - Watch it !! Two very, very good seasons so far .....

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scott222C, Jan 16, 2020.

1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

While Joe thinks he lives by an ethical code, he lacks any self-awareness. He believes he's doing the right thing to manipulate, stalk, and ultimately kill innocent victims.

Dexter was fully self-aware that he had a problem. He did convince himself he was an OK person because of how he focused it. But in his case, at least most of the time, he got it right. Dexter would have killed Joe.

Curveboy likes this.
  2. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

So the difference is that Joe kills people because of a slightly different mental problem.

3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I kind of burned out on it before Season 2 ended. Perhaps I will give Season 3 a chance. Maybe some others who have started it can chime in and let us know if it is any good.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I'm in the middle of Season 3. Season 3 goes in a somewhat different direction, with Joe now spending much of his time being the cleaner for his wife. It's interesting and adds some freshness. This is a pulpy show, so I'm not looking for depth. It's definitely entertaining.

5. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

This season was great, but there weren't any big surprises for me. Also the ending relied on two bits of miraculous timing and happenstance. I wish they could have come up with better ideas for that.

6. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

I liked how funny the first episode started. Joe has a hot wife, an adorable baby, a beautiful house for free in a great neighborhood, all of his expenses are paid and he has no pressure at all to get a paying job. So he tells us, "This marriage is suffocating me!" :laugh:

7. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I saw there was going to be a season 3 so decided to watch a bit and see how it goes.

Just started watching this last night….season 1 pilot last night and 2nd episode today. So far so good….I think I’m hooked.

8. MikeInFla

It is a little "soapy". I have finished the first 3 episodes of the latest season. Will keep on I suppose.

9. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

How did you all like Season 3?

10. MikeInFla

Just finished the "Gilly" episode. So far it has been pretty good, better than the last season so far.

Scott222C likes this.
  11. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

We're working on Season 3 and I've enjoyed it so far. Always like seeing Saffron Burrows, the second hottest (after Alicia Witt) recruit from the Doll Squad to Major Case in Law and Order: Criminal Intent.

MikeInFla likes this.
  12. rockclassics

Just finished Season 1 last night. Overall I think it is very good and an interesting storyline.

On to Season 2 starting tonight.

13. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

Isn't that part of the satisfaction though? It felt like they had built tension around each character that ended up getting it...especially the couple. Felt like the show was intentional trying to get them to be seen a certain way, maybe so we'd focus more on the empathy for Joe and Love. It said there's a 4th season coming so we'll see how they decide to evolve it.

14. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

No, I tend to like plausible things over miraculous things in fiction.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I liked the third season. One of the funny things this show does is create an environment for Joe where, in some ways, he's the most likeable person in the room. Unquestionably, the people of that town they moved to were mostly insufferable, as was the mom-in-law.

I didn't much get the attraction of the librarian. The first season girlfriend was a gifted writer. Love seemed initially sweet and was a gifted cook. The librarian was...shrugs. I guess someone who needed saving. But not really someone functioning at Joe's level. I guess she was the least annoying person in the town. There's that.

There's gonna be a fourth season.

Given that Joe is believed dead at the end of Season 3, I wonder where he'll wind up?

16. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

They've done a great job at surrounding him with insufferable characters every season. Apparently there are Peaches everywhere Joe goes and they're all "what's wrong with America" as he says.

steelinYaThighs likes this.
  17. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

This does not just contain to You, but other shows as well on Netflix.
    Anybody else notice that the picture is blurry on the top and bottom of the screen on must shots..

18. MikeInFla

Finished Season 3. Better than the 2nd. But still... I think it is time for it to end. Time for Joe to get caught.

19. rockclassics

I finished Season 2 today and now watching season 3 episode 1.

Season 2 was pretty good overall. The first half sort of dragged a bit and there were several episodes that I thought we’re really bad and dragged on too long. Looking back I see why they were sort of important in flushing out characters but overall I could have skipped them.

The second half of season 2 was a lot better. But there seems to be some loose ends….mainly how certain people got disposed of. Really makes me wonder how the crimes were not discovered. Season 2 did not end the way I expected that it might.

20. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man Thread Starter

I did notice that, but only on this season and series ...

21. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man Thread Starter

I did not enjoy season 3 and i think it jumped the shark ....bad!

SPOILER ALERT

It just got too cartoonish and the realationship between Joe and the librarian was totally pulled out of someones ***, not an ounce of chemistry between the actors there, truly a waste of time ....

rockclassics and MikeInFla like this.
  22. rockclassics

Finished season 3 today. Worst season yet.

I agree the librarian thing was pointless. If season 4 ends up being about Joe chasing around the world trying to find her, I’m out.

The bodybuilder and his blogging wife were dumb and irritating too. I could have done without them too.

The ending was very far fetched and full of holes. It left me shaking my head.

23. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

Every season has had dumb and irritating characters. That's so the viewers will want Joe to kill them. It's the basic Dexter formula.

MikeInFla and rockclassics like this.
  24. rockclassics

There is going to be a Season 4 on Netflix. It looks like there will be 2 parts instead of episodes. Part 1 starts February 9 and Part 2 starts March 9. There is a trailer out now for season 4.

And it looks like Joe will be chasing down the librarian from season 3.

25. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

And it looks like season four is also full of insufferable characters that we want Joe to kill one by one. Wouldn't it be terrible if he found himself around nice people and still found a reason to kill them?