New Allman Brothers Band Deluxe ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by belardd, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

Thank you. I will try them as well. I absolutley love the set. Looks great and musically, well, if you’re on this thread, we all know how great each and every show is musically. (Sans kid rock).

Myke likes this.
  2. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

"Make Some Racket"

"Make Some Racket"

3. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

4. WarEagleRK

Good find. I posted before that I'm good with a 3 or 4 CD compilation from every tour.

5. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Not me, I'm finished buying anything but Duane-related recordings. Got enough to choke a horse now. Likely will never listen to all of it in whatever's left of my life.

7. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

More archival releases from the 90s is what I want.
    Preferably concert DVDs.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/allman-brothers-band-peach-picks-2003/

Purple Jim and John Fell like this.
  9. WarEagleRK

10. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Purple Jim and Myke like this.
  11. belardd

belardd Senior Member Thread Starter

https://www.jambase.com/article/allman- ... 03-due-may

The Allman Brothers Band will issue Peach Picks: Cream Of The Crop 2003 on May 16 via the group’s Peach Records imprint. Warren Haynes served as Supervising Producer for the collection of 36 tracks recorded by the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame band between July 25 – August 10, 2003.

Haynes was joined in the 2003 lineup fo the Allman Brothers Band by founding members Gregg Allman, Jaimoe and Butch Trucks as well as Derek Trucks, Marc Quinones and Oteil Burbridge. The 36-track collection was recorded at shows in Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Darien Center, Hartford, Charlotte and Raleigh. No songs are repeated over the course of the compilation. Each of the six concerts will also be made available in their entireties.

While the live recordings were part of the “Instant Live” CD series, this marks the first time this music will be made available digitally. Guests on the compilation are Susan Tedeschi, Karl Denson and Branford Marsalis. “That was an important time in the growth of that incarnation of the ABB. We had just released Hittin’ The Note and everybody was psyched to be playing a lot of new material from an album we all were very proud of and there was new life being breathed into a lot of the older songs,” said Haynes in a statement. “Warren was asked to oversee this release because he has a keen ear, a great memory for individual show performances and is a master at song sequencing,” added longtime manager and Executive Producer Bert Holman. “The entire process went very well; we were all on the same page about what song should be included and in what order, and everybody in the band agreed with the final choices.”

Peach Picks: Cream Of The Crop 2003 Tracklist
    Disc One

Don’t Want You No More
    It’s Not My Cross To Bear
    Black Hearted Woman
    Rocking Horse
    Hot ‘Lanta
    Old Before My Time
    Come And Go Blues
    Woman Across The River
    Desdemona
    The High Cost Of Low Living
    Hoochie Coochie Man
    Revival
    Disc Two

Trouble No More
    Midnight Rider
    You Don’t Love Me
    Who To Believe
    Stormy Monday
    Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
    In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
    Disc Three

Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More
    Worried Down With The Blues
    Statesboro Blues
    Stand Back
    Melissa
    Mountain Jam
    Layla
    Disc Four

Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’
    Done Somebody Wrong
    Gambler’s Roll
    Soulshine
    Who’s Been Talking
    Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright
    Wasted Words
    Dreams
    Whipping Post
    One Way Out

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CCFRZNC/?tag=imwan-20

Groundcat, lbgarcia and LoveandTheft like this.
  12. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Looks interesting

pool_of_tears likes this.
  13. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I’m just the opposite. I’ve plenty of Duane era stuff. There’s stuff from the 5 man lineup, the Chuck/Lamar era, 79-81, and even 89-91 that’d I’d rather hear before any other Duane era stuff.

Kingsley Fats, Todd W. and walrus like this.
  14. pool_of_tears

I’ll probably snag this one, though I was hoping for a something vintage. Oh well, can’t have it all.

15. ishkabibble

ishkabibble Forum Resident

16. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

I will definitely get this 2003 ABB compilation. 4 cds of songs, and they left out the "filler" drum solo/instrumental illness sections which are tedious. I have a 2003 ABB show with Branford Marsalis that is good. And wasn`t the first DVD with Derek a 2003 show at the Beacon? It was a very good time frame for ABB.

Next, I would love to see something rare, like a show from 1979.

pool_of_tears and walrus like this.
  17. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

That's how I feel about Duane-related recordings. I mean, they're all great, it's Duane, but I don't think they ever played more than 20 different songs regularly during those years. I'm "Mountain Jam"-d out.

The 2003 ABB collection seems a bit redundant since that year is already adequately covered on One Way Out, but it'll still be worth a listen, even if I struggle with whether or not I consider it a "real" ABB. If they include a lot of songs not on the previous 2003 live album, it could be a good stream.

18. pool_of_tears

@MYKE...I mis read...I’m in the same boat as you

19. WarEagleRK

I wouldn't say that Instrumental Illness was filler, but to each their own.

There is a grey market release of a show from Nassau Coliseum on 12/30/79.

20. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I have 6 Instant Live shows from 2003. Not too sure how much I'll need this set. Price will have a lot to do with it.

21. belardd

belardd Senior Member Thread Starter

Allman Brothers Manager Bert Holman Talks Band Archives in Wake of Gregg Allman's Death: 'There's a Great Deal of Material'

Also on the near-term docket is a package featuring multiple shows by the original Allmans lineup at the Fillmore West in San Francisco.

A number of other projects are now being considered for release. Among those are a July 19, 2005 concert at the Warner Theatre in Earie, Pa., that like the Grateful Dead's 1977 Cornell University show, is considered by Allmans aficionados to be one of the best the group ever played. A "ferocious" late-period show in Fresno, Calif., before a small (2,000 people) crowd may be dusted off, and Holman is hoping to put the Allmans' final concert, from Oct. 28, 2014 at New York's Beacon Theatre, out in physical form.

The organization also plans to release something from guitarist Jack Pearson's tenure (1997-1999) with the group. "We're trying to figure out which (show) to put out," Holman says. "We'll ask Jack for his memory, any nights that stood out in his mind as a player."

Myke, clhboa and budwhite like this.
  22. pool_of_tears

The 1979 Meriweather Post Pavilion show was recorded on multitrack. The bulk of the show was mixed for radio broadcast. Only Jessica, Blind Love, Pegasus and Will The Circle Be Unbroken we’re excluded.

Todd W. likes this.
  23. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I don't think I'll be interested in the 4 CD set from 2003. To put out a compilation of previous live show releases (if that's what it is) then I'll pass. As mentioned earlier I'd rather see unreleased material from the 70's and 80's. Still holding hope for a Laidback or The Gregg Allman Tour deluxe set with unreleased material and possibly a 5.1 mix.

clhboa likes this.
  24. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

Will these be pressed cds or cdr?

25. WarEagleRK

Since they are getting a wide release I am going to guess they are pressed CDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.