New AMC Series-Kevin Can F Himself

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by TheSeldomSeenKid, Jun 26, 2021.

1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

My guess is:
    They're gonna give the 'morale equivalency' of what the wife is doing; being just as crazy and scatterbrain as what Kevin's doing.
    Maybe, there'll be a shift....when the shift hits the fan!

2. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

The wife and I are enjoying the show a lot. Great acting all around and both sides of the coin are done so well. God do they nail the moronic sitcom which then enhances the dramatic story.
    I'm hoping this is a one season only.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  3. I mean, they couldn't stretch it out beyond two seasons at the most, right? If Kevin is still above ground, they might fit one more season in. Otherwise, they there's only so long that we can wait until Kevin is finally murdered. *cue canned laughter* :whistle:

4. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

We enjoyed this series beginning to end and look forward to a second (don't think they can stretch it farther than that). As it went on it seemed more and more to me like they were turning the "real world" part into a soap opera and parodying two TV genres at once.

5. vince

Oh, so last night's was the last ep??

6. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

Imagine if, because Kevin can only exist in sitcom mode, he therefore can only be murdered within the sitcom mode— which then suddenly goes dark when he expires.

Now that would be a true shocker.

7. Ah, but we have seen Kevin once in the non-sitcom world. First episode, I believe. ;)

The last one is August 1st, Ep. 8.

83% on Rotten Tomatoes. Pretty good.

George P likes this.
  8. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

I hear that the show may be a response to Kevin Can Wait, but doesn’t Kevin feel an awful lot like Kevin Meaney’s Uncle Buck?

9. Wow, no comments on the final episode, huh?

If they can't squeeze a second season out of this, I'll feel gypped, because it seems that they've entered a world of hurt now! Big time. The game is afoot and the dangers have increased.

I thought it was a great way to end the season, but it also showed how they need at least another, with that cliffhanger, to tie up the rest of the story.

George P likes this.
  10. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

I was quite pleased with the ending. I said earlier there's probably no good way to stretch this into a second season but boy was I wrong. What happened between Neil and Allison and where Neil ended up is worthy of another season.

I laughed when she said "everyone loves Kevin".

EVOLVIST likes this.
  11. That was bizarre. At first I thought, nah, Neil heard something else, but no, it was pretty clear what Neil had heard. It was also funny that Neil, outside of the sitcom, was still busting those one-liners. It makes sense, though, because really the sitcom portions of the show are the same as the non-sitcom sections, only with and without laugh tracks. Maybe the characters are a little more animated during the sitcom, but when Allison called Kevin a dick it really broke down the barrier. Hell, many of Kevin's reactions to the shooting was breaking the wall down. There wasn't many laughs in the sitcom until Kevin decided to run for office.

I'd like to see that trend continue, but first I'd like confirmation that there will be a second season!

mr. steak and George P like this.
  12. vince

I don't have the streaming service, but I'll watch the ending....
    Sounds like you guys are making a case for a Season Two!

13. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

We were more and more disappointed as the season wore on. An interesting concept that could have gone places, but ultimately did not.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    George P likes this.
  14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

15. According the article, the show is more popular than our 3 page thread would indicate. That's very nice to see. That was a helluva cliffhanger to end Season 1.

16. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident Thread Starter

As the OP for this Thread, just want to say that I think the Final Episode was well done, and has me looking forward to the 2nd Season.

My Favorite part of the 1st Season was when Kevin challenged Former Rangers Player, Sean Avery to the Steak Contest to defend the honor of Boston Sports Fans for what Avery had done in the past on the ice to the Bs, even though I mostly got annoyed during most of the Sitcom Parts of this Show(but I guess that was part of the point of this Show), and prefer the Darker Scenes(in Visual and Plot Lines).

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Weird show, i enjoyed it

George P, MikaelaArsenault and vince like this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

19. MikaelaArsenault

20. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

S2 has started

vince and George P like this.
  21. TheSeldomSeenKid

A Good Season #2 Opening Episode picking up right where the show ended last Season. Neil had some good scenes. Apparently, this is the Final Season, which is fine as the Kevin Character is getting even more annoying, if that was possible. Hopefully, there will be more to the plot this Season, than just Allison trying to fake her own death.

DementedAvenger and Scope J like this.
  22. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

he's so over the top, Kevin James is a master of subtlety compared to him

23. TheSeldomSeenKid

I will take your word on the reference, as never saw the Kevin James’ TV Series. I do not watch many Family Type Sitcoms, except for Black-ish in recent years, and Family Guy the past 2 decades. Also, the brief Series(The Moodys), that Denis Leary did around the Christmas Holiday Season a few years ago, as will watch any TV Series with him. Not sure It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia counts as a Family Series, but guess it does as the major characters are like a dysfunctional family, and a few of them are related, and I love that Series.

24. George P

George P Notable Member

The series finale was great!

I thought it was an absolutely brilliant idea to bring in Erinn Hayes as the replacement for Allison, especially considering the circumstances.

mr. steak likes this.
  25. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

I agree. The tonal change finally with Kevin at the looked and played amazing.