New Black Crowes Reissue Vinyl coming!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jeff kleinberg, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Further

Further Forum Resident

I'm still hoping these will get released at some point. Really hoping their done right. I can wait if I have to, just PLEASE don't cancel them! I'm locked in at a decent price at amazon.ca.

2. Further

Further Forum Resident

Anyone heard any more about these releases? I suspect there will probably be another delay but my pre-order at amazon.ca is still showing March 25. Should be interesting to see if they finally ship.

3. Graham

Graham Senior Member

While reading the Record Store Day UK release list, I spotted that the Crowes are releasing a 3 x LP Warpaint set. Other than that, I have no info. But the album isn't long enough for five/six sides of vinyl, surely?

4. Maybe 45rpm with bonus tracks?

5. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Actually, I think you could be right. Sides A - D would be Warpaint at 45rpm while an additional 7" would be the Here Comes Daylight / Hole In My Soul 7" that came with the original LP picture disc (which I have and sounds poor).

6. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

I remember that Acoustic Sounds used to have a February 2014 release date for these reissues, but then downgraded them to "TBA." Since then, they haven't put a specific release date up on their site, so I'm skeptical of anything coming out in the next two months. But I hope I'm wrong.

I've been holding off on buying the 7" box set of Three Snakes for forever, and I'd rather have it on LP anyhow. But with these reissues a constant uncertainty, I may just cave and buy it.

7. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Sadly, these seem destined for the same fate as the original Amorica reissue, way back when, never to come to fruition. I hope I am wrong, but it doesn't really look good.

8. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Amazon finally quit renewing my preorder.

That's a bummer. I was really looking forward to these.

9. Kris Basile

Kris Basile Forum Resident

Is it even worth pre-ordering on soundstage direct? I absolutely love The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, Three Snakes and By Your Side but if they're never going to see the light of day, it seems pointless.
    Any word on who is doing the remastering?

10. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Maybe they know something different at SD?

However, I just don't think these are happening any time soon. I can't seem to find any other info. anywhere.

11. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

Been waiting for them myself. April 22 is the last date I've read for release. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

12. Further

Further Forum Resident

According to amazon.ca, they've already been released and they are just temporarily out of stock. My order stands and will ship when they receive new stock.

13. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

LOL...me too.

What the hell is up with these releases? They haven't been cancelled, have they? Just delayed?

14. Further

Further Forum Resident

Kinda crazy. You'd think they would know if they were cancelled.

I just got an email from them with the usual "we're still trying to obtain the following items....still want it? We'll keep on trying"

I've gotten that email many times through the years and they always come through, so we'll see. Just strange that if these have indeed been released, how can they be so hard to find? Especially for amazon.

15. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I find it strange that there is so little information online about them; they are like this big mystery that no one knows anything about. Was there ever a press release issued about these vinyl releases?

16. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

Any news about the reissues? Anyone, anyone? Hello?...is thing on?

17. Not looking good. Best kept secret on the internet.

18. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

At least Amazon Canada haven't given up on my preorder. Still active...and they are still trying to locate the records. For now.

19. I'm sure they have their best men on it. CSI: Amazon :shh:

20. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

So these obviously got shut down?

21. Paul Beatty

Paul Beatty Forum Resident

I'm hoping someone can find something out...but Bull Moose has recently listed Amorica as an upcoming release?

22. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

This is the second time these have been pushed back to who knows when. it's so dissapointing. I was looking forward to the first álbum and Amorica.

23. Buda

Buda Forum Resident

I wonder how come the label isn't recognizing the need/anticipation towards the back catalogie of the Crowes. Taking into account the level and quantity of vinyl reissues that are being released, it is more than surprising what is the reason behind the delay of releasing these albums from such a world-wide known band. I'm afraid this approach in the future will leave room only for a highly collectable overpriced box.

24. dvcarrick

dvcarrick Forum Resident

ptijerm and Buda like this.
  25. Buda

Buda Forum Resident

Thanks! It's great to know there's something finally emerging on this field.