New Black Crowes Reissue Vinyl coming!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jeff kleinberg, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

I hear you. Just wishful thinking on my part. I can't get By Your Side or Lions on vinyl without paying hundreds if dollars and that's just messed up.

Szeppelin75 and walrus like this.
  2. dave-tx

dave-tx Forum Resident

Wishful thinking on my part as well, just the pessimist in me expects otherwise...It would indeed be awesome to have outstanding pressings of all of these. And this makes me wish I had bought the aforementioned LPs when they first came out. Are they actually selling at that price, or sitting around with that price tag?

3. Madness

Discogs shows a copy of By Your Side last sold on 18 Nov 19, but it didn't say how much it sold for. I've had it on my wish list for a long time, and I don't remember seeing it for under $200, so somebody wanted it badly. 4 for sale starting at $255. Best available is NM/NM for $452.

Lions shows last sold 31 Oct 19, and I've had that one on my wish list for along time too. 7 for sale starting at $222. There's a M/NM in Japan listed for $1,000 and a NM/NM listed at $321.

I refuse to pay that much, so I'll do without and "settle" for the CD versions.

4. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Make a bit of money, a host of other marketing reasons; but drawing attention to the band/brothers primarily.

Another part is aesthetics, these guys have put out good vinyl, yet the BC catalog they made together is a bit scattershot in the format to say the least, some albums not even available.

I think in this day and age, they can take a digital file and eq something that could make a vinyl release worthwhile.
    Make them doubles w a few demos, live, or new duets, so you can take it in a lot of directions.
    Have the Brothers get behind it, even if its only 1 or 2 efforts through Silver Arrow.

Madness likes this.
  5. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

For their two absolute worst albums that you can find on cd for a buck each.

jeffrey walsh and elvismcdouglas like this.
  6. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

7. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

8. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Was wondering the same thing. Release date only 2 weeks from now and i couldn't find another webstore offering it.

9. The last time BTF was available it wasn't on Amazon and neither was Lost Crowes which I actually bought from SRC. It's a real music website. Would I ever order from them again? Probably not. Crappy customer service regarding my Lost Crowes order.

Erik B. likes this.
  10. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose has it.

ODShowtime and Erik B. like this.
  11. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Thanks

12. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

I didn’t see that they had any available for order. Are you able to send me the link ? TIA

13. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Someday I'll get a vinyl copy of Before the Frost... After the Freeze.

I actually like this expanded album more than I should.

Jam757 and Dmdstrhalo like this.
  14. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

15. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Mad Dog likes this.
  16. Madness

Not very promising:
    "We're trying to get copies of this. No promises. Your order may not fill. One per customer. Any orders over that will be cancelled. Very limited. May not fill. Did I mention that this may not fill? It may not."

Erik B. and The Gomper like this.
  17. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

What was wrong with your Lost Crowes order?

18. I pre-ordered months prior to release. After release date I heard nothing so I emailed them twice before getting a wishy-washy answer. They were saying they won't know if I'm getting my preordered copy until their stock comes in. Then, a week or two later it was shipped after a third email with another request for the status.

19. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

I agree, just putting it out there in case others want to try an order. I order from BM for the last limited reprint of Before the Frost with the blue and white swirl and they were unable to fill my order (a member here helped me obtain one). Same thing for the Lost Crowes but BM was able to get that one for me. So it is hit and miss with the BC limited releases.

20. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

Just got a shipping notice on my order.

21. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

From?

22. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

Bull Moose.

Erik B. likes this.
  23. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Sweet !

Mad Dog likes this.
  24. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

Just got a shipping notification

Erik B. likes this.
  25. RockyMTnLeg Shaver

RockyMTnLeg Shaver Forum Resident

I got the recent re-issue of BTF/UTF on black vinyl. Sounds great to my ears on my system. $20.97 from Bullmoose.