New Black Crowes Reissue Vinyl coming!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jeff kleinberg, Sep 30, 2013.

1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I was thinking of things that actually exist in 'released' form that could provide side 4 album tracks. I have some stuff from all those 90's sessions, but oddly that song isn't on it...it uses one of the 3 live versions instead, although I'm not sure which one. Hopefully all this stuff will see the light of day at some point, probably when Rich & Chris run out of money for their solo careers?

Tuna82 likes this.
  2. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I stopped holding my breath years ago for this elusive treasure trove of unreleased material this bands holds in the vaults.

Canadacrowe, telepicker97 and Tuna82 like this.
  3. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

This, x10.

Tuna82 likes this.
  4. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

I don't own a CD player

Tuna82 likes this.
  5. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I don't either - I have a blu-ray player. It does the same thing. :righton:

Tuna82 and telepicker97 like this.
  6. telepicker97

If you don't have :
    DVD
    Blu-ray
    SACD
    PC
    Walkman
    Itunes/ipod/iPad

Then how are you even on this forum?? Lol

JasonA likes this.
  7. Arkay_East

I have an iPad / iPhone. I know it's just a forum and whatever, but really?!? I shouldn't be on the forum because I don't listen to CDs? Ok.

8. telepicker97

I asked HOW ARE YOU EVEN on this forum??

Not that you shouldn't be here - go reread what I posted.

AND I said that you're better off with the Redbook 16/44.1 and you go "I don't even have a CD player"...

So what??

Download it to your iPad then, I don't care.

Or listen to the CD cut to vinyl LOL

9. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Bullmoose has these up for preorder. Good sign?

10. telepicker97

They've been available for various pre-orders for 2+ years now.

I'll believe it when they say "available now".

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  11. Arkay_East

Ok. It's all good I didn't mean to rile you. Just pointing out that it isn't totally abnormal not to own a CD player. I don't want to derail the thread.

12. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Getting ready to duck after asking this question :sigh:, but are blu-ray players acceptable as CD players? I ask because my longtime Sony 5 disc changer is starting to malfunction and when I looked for replacement CD players, I noticed the market is very, very small: a few Onykos, a similar Sony model, some TEACs, and then some very expensive high-end CD players. If blu-ray players make good CD players, too, I'll spend my $ on HDMI-capable receiver and reorganize my audio setups. Thanks.

As for the actual thread topic: they'd better reissue these on vinyl and do it right.

13. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

The way the band has been mismanaged, or the band has mismanaged themselves, in everything from releasing archives to touring I'm not going to get excited until I see a physical release and hear a review from someone saying they sound good. One of my favorite bands, but a band where it can be frustrating to be a fan.

Would love some originally sourced vinyl. I have see the Southern Harmony Stony Plain release a few times, but knowing the source (even though I have heard from some it sounds good), combined with the condition of the copies I have seen and price have always passed. See the upcoming box set from The faces with the original albums plus some outtakes...that what should be coming from the Crowes.

painted8 and Tuna82 like this.
  14. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

I would be happy if they were handled like those Jayhawks reissues.. Cut from hi res by Chris Bellman and pressed at RTI.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

telepicker97 likes this.
  15. telepicker97

I'm known as 'the vinyl guy' in my area.

I didn't own a CD player for years...

But I had DVD and Blu-ray players, plus a PC and an ipod, so I always had a way to enjoy digital music.

Just because someone doesn't own a CD player means very very little in 2015.

16. telepicker97

Nothing wrong with a Blu-Ray, especially if you want to buy some DVD-A or Blu Ray Audio discs.

painted8 likes this.
  17. telepicker97

The Plain reissue sounds 'okay-ish', but you can tell it comes from the CD...and the better your equipment, I'm going to guess that the limitations bcome that much more apparent.

18. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I have the Oppo BDP 103 and have been happy with it. It plays really anything you throw at it. It's also a SACD player too! So there ya go - it's designed by Oppo to be an everything player. I like that. It means I don't have to spend money on this player and that player and stack them up - this player can do all of that.

telepicker97 and painted8 like this.
  19. telepicker97

Hell, I'm going to get one too, as a backup.

20. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Spoke with Scott at Elusive Disc, tried to get the lowdown. He spoke directly with Universal, they are telling him that 10/2 is the date. Sadly, it is not "confirmed". He seems to have more hope than usual for this release date though, so that's something I guess. My bet is they push them back to Black Friday Record Store Day, that would make the most sense from a marketing point of view.

Tuna82 likes this.
  21. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

FWIW, Acoustic Sounds has a release date of September 18 (at least they did the other day). Would love to hear some details about the vinyl before they if we ever see it that is!

- Buck

Tuna82 likes this.
  22. telepicker97

Fingers crossed, but those Robinsons are known for screwing up a sure thing.

YouKnowEyeKnow and Tuna82 like this.
  23. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I think the fact they aren't trying to squeeze everything onto a single LP is a good sign, the debut LP is short and really only warrants a single LP. If and when these come out, I'm in for everything. Waiting to long for these. With Blind Melon's Soup supposedly going to be announced soon Dave Matthews Band Crash and also supposedly Red Rocks soon to be announced, Gin Blossoms, New Miserable Experience as well, seems like a lot of good stuff coming.

Tuna82 likes this.
  24. telepicker97

25. Further

Further Forum Resident

I think MFSL doing these would be a waste of time. I've never heard anything done by them that was really worth the money. Seems more like hype than anything and I hate that banner they ruin the original artwork with.

Let's just have some well pressed, good sounding reissues at a reasonable price and actually get them released this time. The last preorders I had were cancelled.

YouKnowEyeKnow and violetvinyl like this.