New BMG code 60% off free shipping 48 hrs

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dgstrat, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Thanks for the heads up, I guess its basically the same as yourmusic.com permanent offer then.

2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

not really because some boxsets are priced lower then $5.99 per disc. It all depends on the set as to which club to buy it on and on which sale. It is true that boxsets never go on sale but they do ocasionally go with no shipping (if the total of all the discs in your order is over 5) at least that is the only way I have seen it so far.

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

For those who still have a BMG account: 60% off with free shipping

'A6PM1' expires 1/22/06

Great for 2-Cd sets with $25 list:

Ike Quebec - Blue note 2-CD 45's $9.99
    Coltrane - One Down, One Up: Live At The Half Note $9.99
    Jazzanova - Blue Note Trip $7.99 2-CD Set
    Charlie Parker - Genius Of Charlie Parker $9.99 2-CD Set

Jerry Garcia's 2-Cd sets $9.99

George Jones - My very Special Guests 2- CD $9.99

Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker/ Serenade For Strings (SACD Hybrid) 2-CD $7.59

Luciano Pavarotti - Best 2-CD $7.99

Melissa Etheridge - Greatest Hits: The Road Less Traveled (1 CD/ 1 DVD)
    $9.99 2-CD Set

Elvis Presley - Elvis By The Presleys $7.99 2-CD Set
    Bob Dylan - No Direction Home: The Soundtrack (The Bootleg Series Vol. 7) $9.99 2-CD Set

4. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

Can I use any of these coupon codes (once there is a valid code available) to get free S&H & 60% off on my free (or the paid one) selections in the Buy 12 for the Price of 1 offer? Or do I have to be a full-fledged member by actually completing the offer? :confused: :(

Also, once I complete the 12 for 1 offer am I a "lifetime" member?

And what is the shipping on multi-disc sets? The help page says it is not $2.79 but it doesn't say what the actual shipping cost is! Why can't these guys just be upfront about the S&H like yourmusic? :(

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I you can not get free shipping on free cd's and the one full price cd you have to buy you have to pay full price. Once you are a member you stay one until you quit but you do have to keep up with declining the feature cd of the month (otherwise they send you said cd)

Shipping on multi disc sets is based on a per disc price. Something like $2.79 for the first disc and then slightly less per disc after that maybe $2.69. Shipping can add up on a big box set. The also appear to classify anything over two cd's a box set there are some two cd sets that show up on their Boxset pages but I don't know if they are excluded from free shipping. I do know not all double sets are excluded from free S&H

6. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

So let's say I get the seven free CDs and then pay for one CD of my choice. Now for the remaining 4 free CDs, can I pick up any titles I want? For instance, I can't initially pick up the Eric Clapton SACDs...but can I pick them up (as part of the remaining 4) if I pay full price for one CD or must I buy these at the regular price too?

Also, the Complete Simon & Garfunkel is available for $23 right now. So if a 60% off + free S&H coupon comes along, does it become $9 (holy crap!!!)? Similarly, the Bob Dyaln SACD Box would be $60 (150*0.4) with one of these coupons, right?

The prices do seem a lot cheaper than yourmusic. And even if they aren't I can join and leave yourmusic any time I want. :)

Thanks

7. GregY

GregY New Member

The free S&H doesn't count towards box sets in most cases. There are only a very few S&H sales that apply to boxes.

8. floyd

floyd Senior Member

the xx% off does not apply to boxsets ever. The only sales that have an affect on boxsets are the ones that have the "free shipping when you buy 5 or more discs" those sales don't come that often.

You could get that S&G boxset during one of these sales for the $23 but never any less than that

9. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Also, I believe you can set up your account to where you do not have to decline the Featured Selection. NONE are sent to me UNLESS I request it. It's been like that for years, for me...

Perhaps it's a "check box" somewhere?

10. Santo10

Santo10 The Hot Corner

Is their inventory the same as yourmusic.com? I assume it is, due to the fact that they have the same 53 SACDs. If it isn't the same, is there any way to just view the box sets they offer, like yourmusic allows you to?

11. WestGrooving

WestGrooving Forum Resident

Once you're a member, the 'for members only' goes away. If you want members only titles, instead of choosing 7 free at the start, choose 1. Once you're a member, you will see you have 10 free selections (6 you didn't use + remaining 4 free). When fulfilling your 1 cd obligation- they say to enter a special code when placing your order. They will give you a bonus 2 free cds for fulfilling (but you have to pay $2.79 shipping each for those).

I've never seen 60% off applied to any box sets. Boxset prices are basically what's shown for you. I noticed after being a member a while, some boxset prices were reduced for me. Look for the sale with free shipping that includes boxsets and you can pick up great prices on boxsets.

As a member, one thing I noticed is free choices can't be applied to 2-CD sets. In the past, I thought you could(?).

12. GregY

GregY New Member

You're correct. Used to be a great way to stock up on Deluxe Editions.

13. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Almost the same, bmgmusic has some boxserts you cant get at yourmusic.com. As far as single discs and doubles, I think its the same inventory.

14. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip on how to get SACDs in the free selections. I signed up a few days ago and ordered the Eric Clapton SACDs.
    Where can I find this special code? Do I get it after placing an order or do they send me an email or someting?

Thanks

15. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

Hmm...just ordered the same CD again by mistake. Does anybody have BMG's customer care number? I can't find one on their site. I've already sent them an email but I'm a bit worried that they'll ship my order before reading the mail. I know yourmusic lets you cancel orders if they haven't been sent to the warehouse but I couldn't find a cancel button on BMG.

Sorry to bother you guys like this. :sigh: :(

16. GregY

GregY New Member

317-692-9200

They don't have a toll-free number AFAIK.

17. b8375629

b8375629 New Member

Yea but for those who have cellular, it's free long distance.

Btw, these codes used for discounts that started this thread a couple of months back. Are you talking about the BMG Music Club?

Or are these for another BMG CD store where we don't have to join a club?

18. GregY

GregY New Member

The codes work at BMG Music Club.
    BMG also runs yourmusic.com - the codes don't work there.

19. WestGrooving

WestGrooving Forum Resident

I believe the code is J1W6. They mention this somewhere-- when you click on the section that tells you how many CDs you have to buy. You enter it into the Promotion Code box underneath the Cart section on the left margin when you login. Then you'll see your special offer change to "Buy 1 Get 2 Free". If you don't enter the code, they may still count any regularly priced purchase as your fulfillment. You'll know that because the "Number CDs you have to buy" section will disappear shortly after you make the purchase.

20. Tjazz

The cheapest I've gotten the S&G box set was for about $18.59 with free shipping. :D

21. Tjazz

You want TOLL FREE?

888-448-6227 ;) :laugh:

22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks! I've been looking for a working toll free nimber!

23. b8375629

b8375629 New Member

Yea, but that's what I'm looking for. Coupons I can use over at yourmusic.com.

I don't want to have to rejoin the Club. Been there, done that.

24. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yourmusic.com doesn't use coupon codes. BMGMusic.com has a different business model, changing it's sales prices every few weeks: Buy 1 get 2 free, but 1 get 3 free, buy 1 get unlimited at $X/each, X% off, X% off with free s/h. Yourmusic.com has a different business model: Same low price every day, $5.99 incl s/h. As most of us here know, they started out offering discs at $4.99 each but bumped up the price after a few months of operation. Given their prices I cannot imagine them offering coupons or codes the way BMGMusic does. Even with a lot of volume, I don't see how they would stay in business offering titles for $2.40 each (including s/h), the equivalent of 60% off, or less (such as if they offered the buy 1 get 2 deal).

25. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

There's some scary feedback on this site - http://www.louisianacajun.com/bmg.asp

Have any of you had issues with BMG?

BTW, they gave me J1W5 which gave me one free CD. I just changed it to J1W6 and got two free (J1W7...9 does not work; I tried). My earlier offer was buy one get the rest at 50% off (forever, I think). Now I can't figure out which is a better offer.

What happens during sales? Does everyone see the same price? I don't see myself buying CDs from them at $6 incl. S&H because that's pretty much what I get at yourmusic.com...

But I don't think I'll ever get a 60% off coupon if I'm on the "all discs 50% off plan". :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.