New cartridge

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SuperMusicFan2003, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMusicFan2003

SuperMusicFan2003 New Member Thread Starter

I just purchased a new cartridge with the Geo Disc from Mobile Fidelity. I just installed my Clear Audio Aurum Classics Wood Cartridge purchased from Elusive Disc and aligned and listened to the first lp, Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold As Love Mono mix from Classic Records and I can not believe what I am hearing. I can not wait to listen to more records. This is the first time that I have been impressed in a long time and the cartridge is priced right at $199. I purchased this cartridge to replace a Shure V15 and I'm very enthusiastic about what I am hearing. Very impressive cartridge with very detailed sound that is very smooth and natural.:edthumbs:

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Enjoy! There's just something magical about listening to records, IMO.

3. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

4. SuperMusicFan2003

I have listened to a couple of more albums and am just floored with what I am hearing.

ZZ Top's First Album
    Frank Zappa: Overnite Sensation (Discreet Records White Label Promo)
    Elvis: Clambake (I know, but it has 3 songs I really like, "You Don't Me" / "Guitar Man" / "Big Boss Man"

Here is the link to the cartridge that I purchased at Elusive Disc.
    This is the first purchase I've made from them and could not be happier with the way everything worked out.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CLEMAURUMCW&variation=&aitem=2&mitem=15

5. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

They take trade-ins, huh? I think I have an old cart floating around here...

6. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

I have had a number of Clearaudio items - I really enjoy listening via their equipment - glad that you have found something that you enjoy too :agree:

Keep spinning those records :)

All the best - Andrew

7. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I really Like my Clearaudio Beta S, soon I'm gonna upgrade to Virtuoso Wood. The Musical Surroundings Trade up program really helps. As MM go, the Clearaudios beat the pants off those finicky Grados!

8. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Ron, Check out the December 2002 Stereophile, both are reviewed by Robert Reina there.

9. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Hey Keith, how did the Geo Disc from Mobile Fidelity work out for you? I have two of them that came with the Beatles & Stones box sets. I've never used them!

10. SuperMusicFan2003

It was much easier than the alignment tools that came with the turntable. I highly recommend the GeoDisc, it was dead on and the turntable sounds better than ever.

11. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

That's been the story of my life for the past week. I'm spinnin' black circles and suddenly there aren't enough hours in the day. :thumbsup:

12. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

I love my Virtuoso Wood. Could not be happier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.