New Classic Alt reissue label: Rubellan Remasters, now open for business!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scott Davies, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Hi scott.....again thanks for all of the great titles so far....I will be ordering FINGERPRINTZ soon.i have a question about whether you've ever looked into WHEN IN ROME who only issued 1 album and some singles.....is that a band/album you'd ever consider tackling?!just curious....

Surly and Juggsnelson like this.
  2. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident Thread Starter

Berlin 'Love Life' makes a belated entry at #29 on today's Indie chart while Divinyls 'Desperate' holds its own at #47. Great to see these titles finding their audience.

[​IMG]

3. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Eddie Izard, Slayer and Collective Soul #1? This can't be from this week:)

4. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

We're ready to put Pleasure Victim there!! Bring it on!

5. Scott Davies

I just checked in again and did get a response that we are one step closer. All that will be left is a new confirmation letter sent (UPDATE: Received), the deal signed, feedback on the artwork I submitted last month, and then manufacturing.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  6. dave33

dave33 Forum Resident

I cannot wait!!!

7. Scott Davies

I can't say When In Rome is one I've considered pursuing. And with all of the titles people suggest that aren't on my immediate list, I'd like to think one day maybe I could do them but again with how gradually clearances come through, it's doubtful I'll ever have full release schedules that could accommodate titles outside of my own personal interest.

8. Scott Davies

I received the contract and my planned official release date is August 28. I still just need feedback on my artwork and then can line up for manufacture. I will follow up on the artwork by the end of the week if I do not hear anything by then.

9. Sebastian saglimbenI

Thanks Scott for your quick reply.....just a suggestion is all.thanks!

10. c-eling

c-eling I never dreamed another way.

Thanks Sebastian for asking. The hunt for 12's continues :laugh:

11. Scott Davies

I don't doubt the titles might chart even higher if I gave them to my distributor right away, but since I need that first month of direct sales to help start the recoup towards the next projects(s), it's worth the sacrifice. Once a title goes to distribution my direct sales become more here and there. But I'm wondering if this sudden burst of Berlin sales is because of the Pleasure Victim announcement, since Love Life has been in distribution since around late March/early April.

I did eventually hear back from my production contact on those damaged Visage CD's and they wanted me to send them back to the manufacturer so they can re-do the damaged units. I did so promptly and when I checked who signed for the package the name was 'CCOVID'. That doesn't instill much confidence.

12. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Its an excellent album with one enduring hit single. Not a bad idea!

c-eling and SJP like this.
  13. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

What is your biggest seller and do you think Pleasure Victim will out perform it?

samwisefan likes this.
  14. Scott Davies

The first Visage CD is the biggest with just over 2000 copies. The other two Visage titles have just about sold out of the first 1500 pressing and re-presses for both have been ordered. Love Life had a pressing of 1000 and that's down to a small handful as I wait for my re-press. Since Pleasure Victim was a bigger seller than Love Life on original release, I could see it possibly reaching and maybe surpassing the first Visage CD.

15. jeffmo789

jeffmo789 Give The Gift of Music!

I don't know what your workflow is like, but maybe a focus on personal interest as primary with fill in during downtime on other projects. From outside it appears you have lulls. Just my two cents...

16. Scott Davies

The lulls were initially because I was approaching it like a scared rabbit, only submitting a few requests at a time out of concern for breaking the bank if titles failed. And also because of previously reported issues where I couldn't even get projects started for many months because I couldn't get a response. Add to that Sony and Warner falling out of the equation.

But as I've seen how long it can take for clearances I've picked up the amount of requests. As previously mentioned, I now have about 20 submitted at Universal as opposed to my usual 3 or 4. It's very possible I could be hit with a bunch of clearances in close proximity and I would be ok with that. So my hope is once the clearances start they keep coming. 2019 was a painful year of only managing two releases, my last from Warner and a two year old request through UMe. But in 2020 I've had releases just about every month, sometimes multiple in a month. And while Pleasure Victim is my last confirmed clearance, my hope is that others will soon follow. And as you've seen, once I get a clearance I'm on it.

17. Sebastian saglimbenI

Yes.....like morrisey sang....."ASK"......can't hurt.....

c-eling likes this.
  18. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Great news, can’t wait to order this.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  19. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Here's one Fine Young Cannibals both cds..
    When In Rome, I have it.. it's a hit and miss..
    Not worth reissuing ..

ericthegardener likes this.
  20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Fine Young Cannibals, largely forgotten dollar bin fodder. Can't imagine a great reissue opportunity there.

21. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Lol.....I like both of these quite a bit!:D

SJP likes this.
  22. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

One 80's band I've always wanted to hear more from but never got beyond their hits collection is APB

One Day

timebuilder1 and Juggsnelson like this.
  23. Joe Shlabotnik

Joe Shlabotnik Formerly dickvin

Thanks for all the great releases, Scott. I have almost your entire catalog and have never been disappointed. I was wondering about Wall of Voodoo's Dark Continent? It had a brief CD release from I.R.S. in the early '90s, some highly suspect grey-area releases, and a twofer with Call Of The West from Raven that disappeared pretty quickly. Thanks again and really looking forward to Pleasure Victim!

24. Scott Davies

Yes, WOV is very much on my radar.

25. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

Just remembered something after coming across it on Facebook again... there’s a guy in the Blondie fan groups who owns the master of Debbie Harry’s unreleased solo track “Mind Over Matter,” which was shelved in 1987 because of label issues and then eventually recorded and released by E.G. Daily. I think he was looking for a way to get it officially released but running into walls trying to communicate with the label. Gets me thinking there might be an opportunity for some sort of compilation, maybe with solo singles and unreleased tracks. I’d love to see that track in particular see the light of day, he said it sounds amazing and is actually a different recording than the low quality version that can be heard on YouTube which was transferred from a cassette.