New Classic Alt reissue label: Rubellan Remasters, now open for business!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scott Davies, Apr 27, 2018.

1. So I'm really enjoying the Fingerprintz CD, and it makes me wish I'd known their music beyond Distinguishing Marks at the time. I really liked that album, but I understood it to be a poppy outlier in their catalogue and that Beat Noir, which was available at my local Sam The Record Man, was more "dance rock". That conjured up visions of disco in my mind and scared me off of investigating them any further. But I think I would've loved it, based on the tracks here. Sign me up for the full catalogue should releasing each album become a possibility.

2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Great call!!!

Curveboy likes this.
  3. Juggsnelson

Always liked E.G.'s version. It was in Summer School I think.....

Fkrol likes this.
  4. Disco Robot

Disco Robot Forum Resident

Made my first purchase today. Ordered the Visage self-titled and "The Anvil", plus the Trees cd. Really looking forward to them after all the great reviews.

5. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident Thread Starter

Berlin 'Pleasure Victim' CD reissue is planned for an August 28 release, initially only through the website with wider distribution coming later. Pre-orders will likely be open earlier in the week of release. Here's a peek at the CD picture label.

[​IMG]

6. Juggsnelson

Excellent! I will be ordering as soon as it is up!

7. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

I bought their studio album recently. It’s pretty patchy. I need to get the singles collection, I think that’s where the strongest material is.

Juggsnelson and Curveboy like this.
  8. dave33

dave33 Forum Resident

Me too!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  9. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Forum Resident

All I have from APB is that Something to Believe in comp. While it does contain some truly great tracks, it's also got some pretty weak material. I'm sort of cautiously curious to hear more of their work.

hamicle and Post-Punk Monk like this.
  10. Scott Davies

I just sent this out to my distribution list and titles are already moving:

It's time for another scratch and dent sale. Scratch and dent CD's are stock that have been pulled from standard sale stock due to any number of issues. These can include:
    -Cracked or damaged cases, some fairly small while others may be more substantial
    -Crimped, bent or creased traycards or booklets from manufacturing goofs such as materials being incorrectly inserted. Damage can vary from a simple corner bend to a crease straight through the traycard
    -Some CD's are still sealed in shrinkwrap, other are not

The CD's themselves are likely undamaged and it's generally just the case or the inserts that show defects.

The cost of each item is only $5 and quantities are limited. The amounts listed at the online store are up to date as to how many of each are available. This is a limited time offer, first come first served.

Scroll to the bottom of the list at the online store for available titles. All will be marked as 'Scratch and dent sale':
    https://www.rubellanremasters.com/online-store

samwisefan and Juggsnelson like this.
  11. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Yes, that is what I have too...

12. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

Scott, I just remembered there was an official Berlin Promo live album in the 80's. I can't remember the title. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about, & might it be a candidate for release? I'm 99% sure this did exist & was not a boot. I'm thinking it had a plain red cover with a cutout to see the label of the record.

Curveboy likes this.
  13. moomoomoomoo

Scott, on both the latest Firefox & Edge on Win 10 I can't see the sale. All I get is a white box saying click here to reload. It does not reload the sale.

14. Erick Haight

Erick Haight Forum Resident

The Trees CD is currently at $9.99, so let me throw in a plug for it. If you’re buying another title or two from RR, throw in a tenner and add it to your order. It’s a keeper at full price.

15. Scott Davies

I can't say I'm familiar with this but I know I didn't see a master for it in the UMe tape list.

Curveboy likes this.
  16. Scott Davies

I just checked on Firefox and everything looked as normal. Not sure if the store was having a temporary technical difficulty but it looks ok now.
    Although, the sale is pretty much sold out. People love a bargain. I had so many packages, it looked like a new release day. There are still a few of the first Visage CD and one last Lucifer CD, but the rest are all gone... that is until I accumulate more in time as I go through boxes.

I did notify my mailing list first of the sale, so whoever is on that list and got the announcement had first crack. If you want to sign up for my mailing list if you've not already done so, you can through my website.

samwisefan and Curveboy like this.
  17. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Forum Resident

Is it possible you are thinking of this Armed Forces Radio release?
    Berlin / Ultravox - Pleasure Victim / Quartet

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. Juggsnelson

19. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Forum Resident

Hey, possibly stupid question here, since I'm sure the Rubellan remastering is better, but I was just wondering how much of an improvement Scott/Rubellan's Visage debut is over the 90s One Way pressing, which is what I have. Just curious to hear any opinions on how it differs sonically.

20. moomoomoomoo

No, it was Berlin only. It wasn't KBFH or Westwood One; but it may have been a similar label.

21. moomoomoomoo

Could you please post a link for the email signup? Apparently my pc & your site don't get along, I can't find the signup.

22. Scott Davies

You can just PM me your email address and I will add it. The submission box on my website essentially does the same thing.

23. Scott Davies

samwisefan likes this.
  24. moomoomoomoo

PM sent, thx!

25. dave33

dave33 Forum Resident

This is not ringing any bells with me at all. Are you sure it was Berlin? I was I've always been a very big fan and collector of Berlin and this is not registering at all with me. Sorry.