New Classic Alt reissue label: Rubellan Remasters, now open for business!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scott Davies, Apr 27, 2018.

1. dave33

dave33 Forum Resident

Oh, but I do have a vinyl bootleg of the Pleasure Victim tour from 83. Maybe that's what you were thinking of. It has the unreleased song "Touch and Go" on it.

2. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

Yes, I'm as sure as I can be about something that is 30+ years old. It was all Berlin, it was a promo, & it has been bootlegged; but I remember an official promo. It MIGHT be the 1983 Savoy show, which has turned up on boots & at WGV as an mp3.

dave33 likes this.
  3. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Forum Resident

Yeah, I've seen all those, of course. But there aren't any reviews (that I've seen) that compare/contrast it specifically with the One Way pressing, which is what I was hoping to find. I'm sure yours is an improvement; just trying to get a sense of how, exactly, before I buy yet another version of this album!

4. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

This is not just another version. This is the definitive version.

5. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Live Cuts, a syndicated radio show that played excerpts from King Biscuit shows, sometimes had a red label and white diecut sleeve - RADIO SHOW: LIVE TRACKS 10/24/83 EDGAR WINTER, BILLY SQUIER, BERLIN, ROXY MUSIC | eBay

6. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

7. Pavol Stromcek

Thanks, Ben! I usually feel the need to do some due diligence before buying an album which I already have two copies of. But when a particular pressing gets your endorsement, that usually means an automatic buy for me.

Ben Adams, ad180 and Echo like this.
  8. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident Thread Starter

I heard through the grapevine that Stephen Schnee (who does a variety of audio and video related postings on his YouTube channel and elsewhere) was interested in interviewing Fingerprintz and Silencers frontman Jimme O'Neill after the release of my recent Fingerprintz compilation. I ran it by Jimme who was open to the idea, so then passed on the info to Steve. Today, he performed a lengthy video interview with the legendary O'Neill that will air in two parts on his Beach Blanket Fort Bingo series. Here's a trailer Steve put together in anticipation of part 1, along with samples of many great songs from the brand new compilation.

9. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Aw wow, man! Yeah, you’ll be pleased. Scott’s work is top-notch.

10. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident Thread Starter

reapers, dave33, Disco Robot and 6 others like this.
  11. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Scott Davies likes this.
  12. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

That Metro extended version...sounds brilliant.

dave33, Scott Davies and samwisefan like this.
  13. Pavol Stromcek

Cool! Yeah, I like the sound of the Passions CD he did last year.

I went ahead and ordered the Visage debut along with the SPK and Trees CDs. Looking forward to 'em!