New Crowded House album "Dreamers are Waiting" (Jun 4 2021) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dberthia, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dberthia

dberthia Curmudgeon, Skeptic Thread Starter

The first song from Crowded House's new album premieres at 3:00pm EST today:

2. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Just received an email with links to tour dates in New Zealand in March and also the new single. However, this UK fan gets an error message when he clicks on the link for the single. Maybe @Jaffaman can advise.

Lance LaSalle, bhazen and HitAndRun like this.
  3. Michaelpeth

Michaelpeth Forum Resident

Just heard it. It's not my cup of tea have to say

4. dberthia

dberthia Curmudgeon, Skeptic Thread Starter

The chorus is catchy- not sure about the rest of it. Hopefully it'll grow on me.
    More info on the official site: Crowded House

FLF, HitAndRun and Hep Alien like this.
  5. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

Have only listened twice. First impression was that I'd have probably liked it more 30 years ago.

The video reminded me of the American TV show Wonderfalls.

Mooserfan and primejive like this.
  6. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

Crikey, it's Mac De Marco in a Crowded House video.

7. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

This song has had everything I ever loved about Finn music completely removed. Not for me.

Anne_G, fer2, EricSwan and 2 others like this.
  8. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

On a toilet! I never need to watch this again, that’s for sure.

Lance LaSalle likes this.
  9. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

Seems quite political.

At first listen, I like it. Probably will require more listens before I can make a better assessment.

Lance LaSalle likes this.
  10. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

I like it, it's more the vein of Pajama Club and Dizzy Heights than the last two CH albums which is a good sign for me anyway.

11. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Did they not quit?? (like more than once??) Was he not one part of Lyndsay Buckingham? Its a bit "Meh", isn't it? He's better than this.

12. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

very cool, reminds me of the quirkiness of later split enz.

bhazen likes this.
  13. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

That song reminds me vaguely of Saturday Sun in as much as its somewhat underwhelming but never obnoxious. I have to hope that there's better material awaiting us on the album though.

Lance LaSalle and dockofthebay like this.
  14. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

Just gave it a first listen, and feel it's just kind of "there". I'll hold on to hope that it's the quirky song that goes against the grain of the album, or will sound better in the context of the album, but it doesn't grab me as a single. It's okay, but hopefully the rest is better.

klaatuhf likes this.
  15. blastfurniss

blastfurniss Forum Resident

I had high hopes for this version of Crowded House. I love Neil Finn but his songwriting, but solo and in the CH reunion era, has been kind of samey. All slower tempo stuff. The songs aren't bad but they don't inspire the repeat listens that his best work demands. I'm hoping the inclusion of his sons plus Mitchell Froom will lead to some more unusual, quirky stuff ala the better parts of CH, Split Enz and Pajama Club.

ted321 and Paul H like this.
  16. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

Very few things after the first three CH albums struck me with joy; the glorious pop song craft is absent.
    Granted, I’ve not given everything intense listens, but the fact so few things have grabbed me speaks loud enough.

EricSwan and ted321 like this.
  17. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Forum Resident

Oh frabjous day.

It was a bit of a surprise the first time I heard it as it really wasn't what I was expecting, But, on repeated listenings I'm getting more used to it, and ... I like it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Sidetracked, Mooserfan and dthomas850 like this.
  18. That's one of the best inside jokes that they could have made. Cheeky! And video was quite literally that in a couple of spots.

19. I like the message in the song. It's very relevant.

20. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I pray that Fleetwood Mac hasn't ruined Neil for us? This sounds just like a wacky Lindsey Buckingham solo filler track to me.

ptijerm and NiceMrMustard like this.
  21. I like it. Before finishing the first pass I noticed that I was tapping along with the groove so it feels good. Lyrics are worthwhile. My take on the video is that in the absence of live social interaction, our inanimate objects become our frenz. Definitely Wonderfallsish.

22. dthomas850

dthomas850 Forum Resident

The new track sounded great on first listen, but I'll wait for the whole album to hear it again. Really looking forward to this one.

23. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

More Enz than House, perhaps. Need to live with it, I suppose. But I'll need an album. (Any word on that ...?)

Who's Mac De Marco?

CybrKhatru likes this.
  24. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

What’s the connection? I don’t know who he is.

bhazen likes this.
  25. His name is "Mac." That is therefore a funny and quite likely purposeful casting decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.