New Dark Side of the Moon Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lbangs, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member Thread Starter

Anybody else just get the new Acoustic Sounds e-mail newsletter telling that Pink's Dark Side of the Moon will also be rereleased on vinyl the same day as the SACD version, March 25?

Groovy. I wonder what the quality will be like...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

L., ya just beat me.

Pre-order now.

mud-

3. stever

stever Senior Member

Do you think this LP is worth pre-ordering now from Acoustic Sounds at $18.98? Will there be a big demand? Will this LP sound better than previous incarnations? Lastly, will other retailers stock it and offer a better price?

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Probably. Most places here that sell vinyl handle so little it's always at list price. After pre-orders most of the online places raise the price.

I don't know how it will sound. I won't be ordering since I have a good copy buy many here probably don't.

mud-

5. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

There's no mention if it's a digital or analog master or what tape it came from or who's pressing it now that EMI razed their vinyl plant. But then if we wait to hear how it sounds it might be sold out. Hmm.
    Dan C

6. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

Yeah, I gotta know this stuff before I can decide if I'm even interested. Can you guess, though, what I'd really like to see come from the EMI pressing facility...pressed from the original metal parts if they're still around? ;)

I haven't gotten the newsletter, yet...is it supposed to be THAT limited?

7. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

New DSOTM Coming to Vinyl

For everyone here who is a Pink Floyd fan and a 'vinylphile' ;) I just got news from Acoustic Sounds that EMI has announced that in addition to the new hybrid stereo/multichannel SACD there will be a release on Vinyl of Dark Side of The Moon to hit the street on the same day March 25th. The SACD release has been pushed back from March 3rd, so it will not coincide directly with the anniversary.

8. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

<merged threads> :)

HZ

9. GoldenBoy

Thanks HZ. That was freaking me out. I thought my thread got lost in the ether or something.:)

10. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Sorry about that!

I still haven't figured out the best way of dealing with duplicate threads.

Alternatively we could close (lock) one and put a redirect to the earlier one.

Have an opinion on which one's better?

11. GoldenBoy

I think the locking solution sounds good, as long as you move the posts over.

12. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I wonder if this vinyl production is merely the Doug Sax all-analog, all-tube cut that was supposed to come out a year or so ago, and it then got yanked with no explanation. Hmmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.