New Guns N' Roses compilation bundled with Pinball Machine

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by onlyconnect, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion Thread Starter

I really think the Who should do the same!

Guns N' Roses™

"A playable work of art, the Guns N’ Roses pinball game merges the latest in sound, video, and design with groundbreaking new technology, elevating classic American Pinball to an immersive, one-of-a-kind experience. The kinetic game brings together the band’s powerhouse live performance, signature sound and wild stage elements, all from their colossal Not In This Lifetime world tour which is now the third highest-grossing concert outing of all time. The concert experience brings the game alive with hundreds of interactive LED lights and multiple LCD displays, players rock out while 21, full-length studio master tracks from Guns N’ Roses blast from the 120 Watt, 2.1 stereo sound system, giving fans a front row seat to custom animations and hours of Not In This Lifetime tour footage. It takes roughly 1.5 million dollars to conceptualize and create a pinball game, gathering engineers, artisans, sculptors, programmers, as well as vendors to create all the wood, steel, and glass parts for the game. The Guns N’ Roses pinball game can be purchased directly through Jersey Jack Pinball as well as, local distributors and authorized dealers for Jersey Jack worldwide."

Tim

Sean likes this.
  2. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Not sure I'd call this a "new compilation"...it's a pinball game that uses music.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

So that is what they have been doing instead of releasing new material lol. Crazy to think the reunion is already 4 years old and Chinese Democracy is still the most recent GNR album we have

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. lc317

lc317 Forum Resident

just ordered (2) of the Collector's Editions for my winter ski retreat in the Alps.

5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

so what are the 21 songs then?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. onlyconnect

Yeah it’s more of a live album than a compilation :)
    • The game is designed around playing through the Guns N’ Roses entire 21-song setlist with a concert stage and moving spotlights.
    • 1 Full-Length Studio Master Recordings of Guns N’ Roses songs are featured.
    I reckon this could be a major new music format. Vinyl, Cassette, CD, SACD, and now Pinball Machine.

Tim

Mr. D likes this.
  7. onlyconnect

“The iconic rock heroes show off their vast catalogue of hits on the road including “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Paradise City,” “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” and “November Rain.””

TIm

8. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Not directly related, but I stumbled on the Kiss pinball machine in Asheville a few years back, and noticed it was piping out the Sonic Boom-era re-records instead of the originals. Not that this is an issue for Guns, but I just thought it was an odd sidenote.

9. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Anyone ever played the original GnR pinball machine, from about 1994?

I have. Not being a pinball wizard myself, I wasn't on it for long enough to tell whether it was good or not. But I liked it.

The most notable thing was that the unreleased song 'ain't going down' was on the soundtrack. Also, to launch the ball, you had to pull the trigger of a gun. And there was a rose shaped button that did... something.

10. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Don't you just hate it when, only a few months after having bought your favourite band's latest pinball machine, they go ahead and re-release it with bonus tracks? Man, that really sticks in my flippers.

mestreech, Mad Dog, mschrist and 6 others like this.
  11. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Wait a minute - there's been more GnR pinball machines released than original GnR albums in the past 26 years!

Buddybud, JasonA, Shawn and 1 other person like this.
  12. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

“My World” 21 times

Matthew Tate and Shawn like this.
  13. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

This would be a better idea if The Who did it with a reissue of "Tommy"

14. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Yeah, I played it years ago at the Showbox in Seattle. I'm not a pinball person either but it's supposed to be a good one.

mschrist likes this.
  15. McCrutchy

McCrutchy Forum Resident

I like how this company feels they can sell you a pinball machine for $12,500, but only show you one, angled 3D picture of the machine and not the full inside of the machine.

Also, it had better play "Estranged", that's all I have to say.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  16. GuruAskew

GuruAskew Forum Resident

I’m a big Ghostbusters fan and Stern put a Ghostbusters machine out a few years ago. I briefly entertained taking out a loan to get one but I came to my senses and decided to not drop $10k plus on something so stupid. I was stupid enough to buy the Blitzway Ghostbusters and Ecto-1 but that’s a whole other story. Anyways I was able to buy the table on Stern Pinball Arcade on Xbox for like $10 and that was good enough for me. Turned out it was designed by a major pinball designer who ended up being a child rapist so I’m glad I dropped only 0.1% on it.

Those video games tend to focus on Stern and Gottlieb tables. I’d never even heard of Jersey Jack’s. I imagine that GnR’s strict licensing would prevent it from being sold as a video game even if JJ was represented in the video game world. Since we’re living in an apocalyptic hellscape I probably have no chance of ever seeing one of these GnR tables outside of the video game realm.

17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I don't think Guns 'n' Roses catalogue can ever be called vast without sarcasm.

Anthrax and Ghost of Ziggy like this.
  18. mschrist

mschrist Forum Resident

I played that! Not a pinball expert (or for that sake a GnR fan) but I remember it being fun to play.

19. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

‘But it’s not a true GNR album

20. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

that would be terrible !!

21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

McCartney is the only cover. I guess Izzy had to clear the songs unless he has a "hands off" licensing approach as long as his check clears. Only 3 ChiDem songs

Sweet Child
    Jungle
    Paradise
    November
    Patience
    Live and Let Die
    Don't Cry
    You Could Be Mine
    Civil
    Coma
    Double
    Estranged
    It's So Easy
    Brownstone
    My Michelle
    Night Train
    Out Ta Get Me
    Rocket Queen
    This I Love
    Better
    ChiDem

25 minute in depth video that had the 21 songs on a screen shot.

if we are doing snark, Does the pinball work any hours other than 9pm-4am? Do I have to spend the first month playing it confined to a chair? Is the virtually impossible final round when the ball has to find Izzy's phone number? Any Dolphins?

How long before fans rip the reunion tour HD concert video? I guess the audio is studio only.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.