New Improved Full-Dimensional Record Labels

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Andrew, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

Just added "Sticky Fingers" from the Raw section.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I just rendered seven knock-offs...

3. Grant

I have just rendered and loaded up a custom label I think you, Jeff Turkali, might be interested in.

It's the label from a promotional 33/3 RPM 7" single that came with six-pack bottles of Fresca soft drink back in 1967. We owned a copy of it back then, but I don't know what became of it. I had a chance to find it last year and did a needle drop of it. So, here's the label.

4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Uh huh that is a cool and unusual one. What about it with out Trini Lopez on it. I'm not a big fan of his really.:winkgrin:

5. Grant

It's custom Trini Lopez comp. That's partly why I made no attempt to remove it. Besides, I think it would be a nightmare to try.

I liked it. Hey, I was a four-year-old kid! I remember my mom buying that six-pack at the Bayless grocery store!

6. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

Check out the MCA UK scan I've recently posted: it might make a label-friendly renduring easier of the classic black rainbow from the 1970s.

7. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

I made two renderings; one with the hole and the cut-out pattern left in, and one without. I like the one with the hole better; you can tell it's a 45. Might be good for needle-drops of MCA 45s.

8. Grant

Nice work on the MCA labels. I'll see if I can create a US version to replace the ones that are already in the gallery.

BTW, I just created a "D" section. I felt the C-D section was getting too big.

I also just rendered a Roulette label.

9. Andrew

Good idea. :righton:

Well done, Accio! :wave:

10. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

Just rendered the Real Pretenders label. I left the Pretenders logo on.

11. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I just threw up three labels into the raw section. A couple of Soul records, I think Grant likes Soul, or maybe just disco and later R&B? Brothers Jackie and Bobby sing their hearts out on Brunswick and Duke respectively.

And a Warner Brothers Loony Tunes label from the Van Halen promo EP before their first album came out. Great Porky Pig Police graphic. I have another graphic with the center art, if that is needed.

12. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

I rendered the Loony Tunes label from the Raw section. Just cleaned it up a little, and applied a little artistic license. :)

13. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

That's from a Van Halen record? Cool!

I hadn't read your post before I rendered it so I didn't know what the hole was supposed to look like. Was I close?

14. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

You nailed it perfectly. I could not have expected it to look so good.

Yes, there was a 4 song VH EP with this label in 78 just before the release of the first album. This was the A side label.

I do like this label because I like the Loony Tunes art. It's a good rare one!

15. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

:biglaugh:
    I'm surprised I actually got it close, I guess I've seen enough Elmer Fudd cartoons to guess right!

What's the other side look like?

16. Grant

I like any soul/R&B from the 50s and up.

17. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

Brunswick label from the Raw section now up.

18. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Of course Grant.:)

19. Andrew

Thanks! :wave:

20. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Nice work, guys!!! :thumbsup:

Just added ABC/Dunhill and a Warner Brothers. Both CD-R ready!

Also, a custom label for the White Stripes "Icky Thump," from vinyl.

21. Grant

They are both already up in the gallery. I'll have to see how much you improved them.

22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Thank you!

I just tossed up a few more things into the raw section that I don't have time to work on. Indigo is a classy little design. The Innocents were a white doo wop type group, nice album and a bit rare.

Kind Biscut Flower Hour had two designs, both of them are up for rendering pleasure.

And one of those knock-off labels from China where they take the classic rock new release and issue it on their own gawd damned label giving the artists and publishers nothing. Tull's Aqualung got the deluxe treatment this time. No match for the DCC or Classic issue.

23. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I loved my Dunhill 45s on this label as a kid. I should use that one for my condensed Three Dog Night single hits collection. I like to spray my black labels with Krylon coating and it gives the black a really nice look, and takes the chalky look that the ink jet printers seem to have with black.

24. wkohler

wkohler Forum Resident

I'm confused. Are these scans of record labels, made to fit CD-Rs? That seems kinda cool. Would you use Photoshop or a similar program to add text?

25. Grant

These labels are usually ready to use with CD-R. Some of them are customized for use with standard CD-R. Some of them are best used with the full-coverage labels.

Most of us here prefer to use Epson ink-jet printers that print directly onto the printable labels. There are some who use laser printers for the purpose.

I'm not sure what some of the other guys use, but I use Photoshop.

We have literally thousands in the gallery that have been done over the last few years. Check it out! http://www.recordlabels.smugmug.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.