New James Bond?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Feb 7, 2020.

1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Great in the Netflix Eurovision film.

2. muzzer

muzzer Forum Resident

For a reboot to be convincing it will need to cast someone a bit left field imho. Can’t see where they can go with the character and still convince. Really interesting to see how they do it.

3. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Would not be surprised if it is a new 007 and not a person named “James Bond”.

This allows Babs and Mike little restriction for the actor in the role of 007.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  4. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I watched Tomorrow Never Dies the other day and it made me realize that they can’t make those types of Bond films anymore, and that they’ve at least tried to evolve the series. Brosnan was good and there was clearly a decent budget. But all those cheesy one liners have not aged well.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  5. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

After No Time I bet they'll continue the out of left field approach as well. I think Cavill has a lot of traction as a candidate after the new Witcher Season, but it will be cool to hear the buzz around new official candidates once they get that ball rolling officially. Does anyone know when they'd announce that? Before/during filming? Right after picking the new Bond?

6. muzzer

muzzer Forum Resident

I think Cavill would be disastrous fwiw. But the race is on to cast it before the end of this year, the 60th anniversary of the film series.

7. alexpop

Don’t like his look in Witcher .. to bulky, fat even. Think he’s blown his JB gig chance. Now down to Tom Hardy, and Richard Madden for me.

8. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

But, Batman might?

9. SandAndGlass

Definitely. When they were first considering Brosnan, he was too young. He was one of those actors who looked young. He was in a TV series where his main character was to look good in a tux.

I did not think you could pluck Brosnan from this ongoing popular TV show and place him into the Bond character in a tux.

It turned out to be the right thing to do, waiting for him to mature a bit. I agree, that as he got older, he fit the part more and more.

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Adam West … bif Pow lol

SandAndGlass likes this.
  11. alexpop

Oops .. changed my opinion ( happens).:hide:

12. SandAndGlass

There are worst choices...

But If Robert Pattinson can rock Batman, then I see him in the running as JB.

He has a young look like Brosnan. Only few years ago he was playing a teenager in the Twilight Saga, but he is 35-years-old and was born in London. He is also 6'1".

He is the right age and could have the right look. This would allow him to make five or six Bond films over the next twelve or so years.

Someone who plays Bond has to be the right age now. With all of the aging Bond characters,

[​IMG]

too young is not workable and there needs to be that happy period which to effectively play the character.

Bond needs to return to a thinking character, strong and agile but not one that is relying on brute strength. Not that different from Batman.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    alexpop likes this.
  13. alexpop

Agree RP looks great as Batman… Never liked Gotham 1940s dark noir thing myself. Maybe still to pretty for Bond.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  14. muzzer

muzzer Forum Resident

I also think Tom Hardy would be wrong. Too brooding. He’s a fine actor faod

15. alexpop

Hardy?
    Great in Child 44.

16. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

And also not that dramatic and serious like he was lately. (and must be immortal, of course ;)).

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own

The ‘who’ really doesn’t matter to me, although Idris Alba would be great.

The ‘what’ as in, what are they going to do with the character, interests me more.

Stand alone, pop corn entertainment flicks or like with Craig: grittier, grounded and each movie connected.

18. SandAndGlass

There should be a firm edict that affirms that the Bond character is misogynistic and to those who do not share this viewpoint, there will always be Captain Marvel...

19. They will find a trans woman to play the role and rename her/she as Jamie Bond.

formu_la and SandAndGlass like this.
  20. SandAndGlass

Or... you could get Scarlett Johansson as kind of a Natasha Romanoff type Jamie Bond, who is a woman who is a man pretending to be a woman. Good double naught spy stuff!

21. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Charlize Theron kicked a lot of butt of trained men lately.

22. alexpop

Read the Broccoli's want not just a new Bond actor, but someone for a reboot of sorts. Who could that be? Take over a new James Bond film series?

23. muzzer

muzzer Forum Resident

Whoever it is, I’m gonna hate them. Craig is basically my exact same age. We’ve got older and (even) grumpier in parallel. I don’t really want to be reminded of my earth age by a youngster ;).

24. Halloween_Jack

Halloween_Jack Senior Member

I’d love it if they did an accurate period correct and as faithful as possible adaption of each book in order (though naturally I guess much would need to be toned down, altered or even cut for today’s ultra sensitive & sadly easily offended viewers). There’s not much left to do with the franchise at this point. We’ve largely seen it all before now, other than faithful adaptions of each original book.

ronbow and omikron like this.
  25. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch the Face of God -

your avatar. That was a TV series back in the 60's. what was the name of it?