New Led Zeppelin "Song Remains The Same" 2CD/4LP/3DVD Super Deluxe Set Plus Separate Blu-Ray release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hud, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiotom

audiotom I can not hear a single sound as you scream

Nearly impossible not to thread cap

Very disappointing retread

Earls Court 75, Detroit 77 video
    Japan 71 72 audio

Alfie Noakes, g.z., Jerquee and 3 others like this.
  2. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Interesting, but I already have few different editions of the release and maybe I will get this Super Deluxe to my collection (as I have all of them so far).
    Looking forward and not ruling anything out yet but I was hoping that Page would release some unreleased show for the anniversary. It could have been yearly releases of unreleased live-recordings..

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Jerquee likes this.
  3. audiotom

And expand the crap out of it!

Jerquee, vegafleet and Myke like this.
  4. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Count me as another whom will be extremely dissapointed if this is all we get this fall.

I'll probably pick up the Blu-ray audio, but was really looking forward to that 1968 release.

5. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I'll be patient and see if we get info regarding any additional releases for later this year. That said, it's really difficult not to make 'led-wallet' jokes at the moment.

6. Tree-bot

Tree-bot Senior Member

We need an unedited, complete shows box set from those 3 Garden shows.....wishful thinking! :)

jay.dee, Jerquee and ODShowtime like this.
  7. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

Since I no longer have the original LP's, I'll probably walk down memory lane and splurge on the CD and DVD sets.

While its been many years, I think sonically TSRTS was pretty decent and I'll probably enjoy over HTWWW(2003).

I hope the original JPJ -> JP transition get reinstated for NQ.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I do love the pic of Jimmy counting his cash. Just got myself a nice jpeg of it.

whodanny and Jerquee like this.
  9. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild Thread Starter

They must think nobody bought it before. Strange. :shrug:

Myke likes this.
  10. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild Thread Starter

Either that, or using the same hype stickers as the previous release. Fact checking isn't that important in the music game I guess.

11. Myke

Technically, they're telling the truth when referring to the ORIGINAL film :

" performances of four songs not featured in the film (“Celebration Day”, “Over The Hills and Far Away”, “Misty Mountain Hop”, “The Ocean”). "

I've deleted my previous post due to this enlightenment.

The Hud likes this.
  12. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

Basically, they are releasing the same LP's and cd's from 10 years ago, with the option to get 5.1 and high res stereo DVD or Blu Ray audio.

I have been listdning to the original TSRTS since it was released, I was 13 or 14 at the time, I did not lkme the sound of the 2007 release, cd or vinyl. I will probably pick up the blu ray audio. I wish we were getying something similar to the Allman Brothers 3 disc Blu ray of the Fillmore East shows.

dee likes this.
  13. Myke

5.1 audio is equivalent to putting in the 2007 Blu ray, and turning the TV off.

coniferouspine and DHamilton like this.
  14. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

If you guys are still alive in ten years,perhaps TSRTS will be revisited once more.Then again,maybe not.

coniferouspine likes this.
  15. I’ll be behind you in line.

Dr. Funk likes this.
  16. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

If the Blu-ray comes down in price a bit (currently $35 when I pre-ordered on Amazon), and turns out to have the full show audio, remastered like BBC and HTWWW, then there will be some value there. All the songs that they added in 2007 are awesome versions and welcomed additions to the discography, they just need better mastering. And yes there are some nasty cuts so you still need the originals. That No Quarter is the worst edit Jimmy's ever done. Much worse than removing Hello Mary Lou. But I'll deal with it for bombastic versions of OTHAFA, Misty Mountain Hop, and The Ocean. When I want the true No Quarter then it's time for the Japanese pressing.

mrcond likes this.
  17. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

If there are not new bonus tracks, then I don't really see the point of this.

18. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I agree it had to be done so that all the currently/previously available material is on catalogue in new (and I love the 9 albums, BBC and How The West Was One) deluxe sets. Save the RSD single though no new archival stuff. Keep hold of those boots.

19. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Never liked the movie, but occasionally enjoy my mint original vinyl.

20. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

You'd have to pry them from my cold dead hands!

Seriously, though: to clarify, this reissue will contain the controversially "butchered" 2007 edit of "No Quarter" and not the original 1976 edit? If so, that sucks.

I'm sure most of you know this, but for those who don't, this site details all the different edits, etc for the Song Remains The Same material:

The Garden Tapes - The Song Remains The Same

laf848 and Flaming Torch like this.
  21. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

The Song Remains The Same again. Boring. This era has been covered too much compared with any other Zep tours / concerts.

danielbravo and ohnothimagen like this.
  22. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Well, if the initial vinyl track listing is to be believed, Dazed & Confused (29+ mins in the 2007 version) is apparently back on one side of vinyl again, so that's something...if true, I can't wait for the howls of outrage from the 'A Side Of Vinyl Should NEVER Exceed 17:23' brigade :laugh:

Man at C&A and Beeb Fader like this.
  23. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Dear Jimmy...

PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED 'NEW' LIVE MATERIAL OR JUST DON'T BOTHER LEAVING THE HOUSE!!!

Have a good day.

Yours sincerely,

The Hermit.

24. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

I'm trying to think of a way this could be more disappointing, but I'm drawing a blank.

25. audiotom

I heard they swapped Maureen out for the ditzy damsel in distress in Robert's castle scene

ought to be another $150 clams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.