New Line Magnetic Integrateds (and phono stage)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GoldprintAudio, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.D.80

J.D.80 Forum Resident

I know the 512CA is 6,995. That info I got from Jonathan Halpern.

2. luvmusic77

luvmusic77 Well-Known Member

I understand from my dealer from Singapore that LM have 2 manufacturing plants in China, one for the mass production in Zhuhai and the other one is from Foshan.

The Foshan plant is a small factory focus mainly on hand-wired amplifier that they can produce in limited quantities, modelled after the Western Electric tone. I have heard a few of the models like LM-219IA, LM-518 as compared to the Foshan amp, I preferred those Foshan amps, be it pre-amp or integrated amp.

Not that I can benchmark it against a real Western Electric amp to check the authenticity, but the Foshan retro amp does produce a very musical sound without over emphasis on the hifi traits.

Do give it a listen if you have access to it. You might be surprised :)

Stump and trd like this.
  3. Scott Freeman

Scott Freeman Forum Resident

Hey guys I just got the LP33 phono stage-hooked it up and no sound coming out of it at all. Weird for sure. The yellow LED's are lit and I tried switching inputs on my Rogue Pharoah integrated amp to no avail. I tried switching MC input from low to high and of course that didn't work.
    Plugged the phono cable back into the MC input on the amp (bypassing the LP33) and everything works normally. Is there anything I need to do with the side volume control? I tried turning knob that and heard nothing. Frustrating.

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

There's no need for cross-posting. You already have a thread on the first page to which I replied.

Meanwhile, only one member confirmed he owned it and actually returned it so you won't be getting much help in this thread anyway. Please see my reply in your thread so anybody able and willing to help you troubleshoot can do so.

5. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

why was it returned?

6. Strat-Mangler

He ended up preferring another phono preamp over it.

Joe Spivey likes this.
  7. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident Thread Starter

As a quick FYI, I chatted with Scott a little yesterday via email to try and troubleshoot this. Turned out it was just a tube that was not seated in the socket.

(not sure who the selling dealer was as it was not me but wanted to try and help if I could)

56GoldTop, Minty_fresh, Stump and 7 others like this.
  8. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

That's nice of you... I love when people are helpful like that.

luvmusic77 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  9. Scott Freeman

Scott Freeman Forum Resident

All is well and it is working-thanks and sorry I posted it here.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  10. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

Anyone care to update regarding the SQ of the LP33 after break-in or tube rolling?

11. Strat-Mangler

We never got an update on the SQ after burn-in and/or tube-rolling. Care to elaborate? :D

12. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

13. thomaskong

thomaskong Forum Resident

14. thomaskong

thomaskong Forum Resident

LINE MAGNETIC LM-805 IA - CTA-HIFI

LM-805 IA replaces the LM-508 IA. For simplicity and to better navigate the range, the number following "LM" is now the type of power tube that equips each amp. This new version adopts better quality components (transformers, link capacities, etc.).

This is a beautiful integrated amp, extremely versatile with its power of 2 x 48 W in pure class A. It is equipped with 805 triodes driven by 300B, nothing less ... This amp - like most amps of the brand works in "single ended" pledge finesse and musicality.

The LM-805 IA delivers incredible energy, regardless of the speaker that will be associated with it. It is an iron hand in a glove, not velvet but rather silk, given its finesse and delicacy.

The design in cabling in the air, double mono, with high quality components, steatite tube supports, heavy chassis, aluminum facade ... everything here exudes quality and manufacturing reliability.

Listening, the magic operates, regardless of the speakers associated with it. The LM-805 IA has a very nice richness of timbres, with a nice aeration and a surprising dynamics, even on medium sensitivity speakers, considering its relatively modest power.

At this price point, the LM-805 IA is a real gift for fans of tube amps and for those who will become ...

This amp has already been rewarded with a "Best Buy" by the magazine Haute Loyalty.

Description:

The LM-805IA is based on the LM-508 which it retains the qualities but offers many optimizations (transformers, connection capabilities, etc.). The power stage is a single-ended mount using a 805 triode driven by the famous 300B. Thanks to this arrangement, the LM-805IA delivers exceptional power for a mono-triode mounting of 48W per channel. The input stage uses 6SL7 and 6SN7 tubes. All tubes are precisely sorted and matched.

The LM-805IA has a specific input to connect an external preamplifier and directly attack the power stage. In addition to the bias adjustment, the user also has a "Hum balancer" to minimize the level
    of background noise. The LM-805IA also features a feedback level adjustment (NFB) to customize the tonal balance of the amplifier according to the speakers used. The enormous power transformer is of the toroidal type and uses a special high-performance Z11 alloy. The output transformers are of the same type as those used in the most prestigious creations of Japanese origin.

Highlights:

- Single-ended mounting
    - Class A
    bias - Wiring in the air
    - High quality components

Tubes:

Input stage: 2x 6SN7
    Rectifier: 1x 6SL7
    Drivers: 2x 300B
    Power stage: 2x 805 in single-ended assembly and polarized in class A

Support of soapstone tubes
    Adjustment of BIAS to integrated voltmeter help
    Analog inputs: 3 line inputs, 1 bypass
    input Load impedance: 4/8 / 16Ω
    30s ignition delay
    Transformer shielded and hand-wound
    Motorized ALPS potentiometer of Japanese origin.
    Mundorf N-cap coupling capacitors and other German quality audio components.
    Wire mesh protective cage and removable
    Infrared remote control

Tubes supplied: Tubes accepted as replacement:

300B NC
    6SL7 NC
    6SN7 NC
    805 805, FU-5

Technical characteristics:

Class A amplifier of 2x48W RMS
    THD: 1% (1kHz)
    Signal to noise ratio: 87dB (Weighted A)
    Answer in frequency (-1.5dB): 10 - 50.000 Hz
    Line input sensitivity: 300 mV (Integrated mode), 1000 mV (Pre-in)
    Input
    impedance : 100kΩ Load impedance of the speakers to be connected: 4/8 / 16Ω

Connections:

3x RCA line inputs (pair)
    1x Pre-in input
    2x Banana Speaker Terminals for 4/8 / 16Ω

Included Accessories:

2x Fuses
    1x Remote Control
    2x AAA Batteries
    1x Detachable Power Cord
    1x Manual
    1x Warranty Card

General:

Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 275 x 415 mm
    Weight: 42 Kg

15. IanL

IanL Senior Member

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  16. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

Anyone listened to the new LM34ia yet?

17. Will MacCormac

Will MacCormac Member

Wondering the same, wd love to read a review of the above by a reputable blogger or magazine... scant reviews of the recent LM products

18. roncagg

roncagg New Member

The Lm 34-ia has a single 12au7 used by both channels compared to the 211 which had 1 per channel, what is the significance of that change and how does it affect sound quality? Curious..

19. Stump

Stump Forum Resident

I owned the LM 219IA which was my introduction to tubes.I like everything about the LM company and will put together a system from the Foshan plant to give me a timeless system based on the 1940s topology. Will be similar to the LM Foshan plant display at the HK Show.

Echoes Myron, stonedhenge and JMAC like this.
  20. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

On the 230V version it's a small lid next to the power input connector. Be sure to use same value as original.

21. meandafoe

meandafoe Forum Resident

thanks, managed to pull that plastic bit with a fuse out

22. meandafoe

meandafoe Forum Resident

the fuse looks good though : /

23. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

LM makes some good stuff. Loving my 518IA.

IanL and GoldprintAudio like this.
  24. meandafoe

meandafoe Forum Resident

ok, so I was really scared for a moment, though the amp was gone. now hopefully someone can enlighten me here. is it the power lead cable cord or there is something wrong with the power input on my LM 518? I have got 2 cheap power leads and 1 expensive. the expensive one just gave LM high voltage and the original fuse is blown. Don't want to use that cable anymore. Now, using the cheap one I can turn LM on only when I kind of hold the cable slightly and push it towards power socket, otherwise the amp is dead.

like that

[​IMG]

so what ? are those cheap power cables too much crap for my LM 518? which one do you recommend ?

25. james

james Summon The Queen

can't think of any good reason to spend any "real" amount of money on a power cable. I used one of these on my 518ia:

Amazon.com: hospital grade power cable

Strat-Mangler and meandafoe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.