New Luxman electronics

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Daedalus, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all..... Thread Starter

Do you have, want any of the new( non-vintage) Luxman integrates or other models, tuned or otherwise? What do you think? Sound, quality, etc.

Tim 2 likes this.
  2. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

In a couple of months time I’m planning a big upgrade of my amp and speakers. The new Luxman integrated amps are on my list to check out but it’ll depend ultimately what speakers I end up with. I currently have two I’d like to try initially, Tannoy legacy Eaton’s and Harbeth 30.1, which I’ve read pair very well with Luxman. Just need to free up the cash.

3. Daedalus

Check out “On a Higher Note” website-open box units st substantial discount.

Mintsauce likes this.
  4. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Thanks, but I’m UK based.

5. Luxmancl38

Luxmancl38 Forum Resident

I have the Luxman CL38U-SE all tube preamp. I sold my CJ ET-3 SE to get it. It beats the CJ by a country mile. Also the phono is equal to any outboard phono up to the 3K category. My local dealer has a full line of Luxman gear. The 509x is hard to beat. The Luxman goes well w/Spendor which should be easy to find in UK. But they also go well depending on your taste w/Aerial, Totems and the Paradigm Persona's. The entire line is exceptional.

Tim 2 and Mintsauce like this.
  6. Nero

Nero Rega - Oppo - Luxman - Sonus Faber.

I have a l505 UX and i just love the sound.
    The onbord phono amp (mm) could be better tho.

Tim 2 likes this.
  7. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Should be picking up my Luxman L-509X tomorrow, can’t wait! I was demoing Tannoy Legacy Arden’s, initially with a Primaluna Dialogue HP Integrated and while it sounded nice, I wasn’t getting the attack that I’m used to with my current setup. I asked to hear the Luxman and within one song, there it was... the sound I’ve been looking for, wow it was an amazing experience and although it was very much a stretch, I ordered one. I’m possibly moving, so the speakers will have to wait and although I intend to demo more, the Arden’s were fantastic!

Reesdog, alan967tiger, Tim 2 and 3 others like this.
  8. I would love to get one of the Luxman integrated amps, but they're out of my price range....unless I win some cash, which won't happen. I'm looking at upgrading to the Marantz Reference PM-KI-Ruby in 2019.

9. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

It would normally be for me too, but I was left a bit in a will. I hope to get 20 years out of it and then it won’t seem such an indulgence!

10. Vinyl Archaeologist

Vinyl Archaeologist Forum Resident

I also have the Luxman CL38U-SE and it is very nice. It sounds great and is beautifully made and simple to use. The integrated step-ups for the MC Phono are a real treat. My only wishes would be a headphone out and another phono input. I'd like to get a Luxman power amp to go with it either the M-800A or the M-700u but even used they are very expensive.

Daedalus likes this.
  11. Luxmancl38

Luxmancl38 Forum Resident

I'm using an RME ADI 2 DAC. Has an Excellent Headphone feature. Outputs for either standard headphones or IEM's. I'm using a Bryston 2.5 SST2 amp w/a pair of Aerial 5T's. Very happy w/the sound.

12. beckzito

beckzito Forum Resident

Hi guys

Day 2 of my new Luxman 507 ux II, so far loving it.
    Still undecided about "line straight" on or off :) it should sound even better, cleaner, crispier with it turned on but i am finding my speakers to tighten the bass and overall image is more focused when turned off(and no tweaks on the manual buttons).

Anyone can share their experience with this?
    Also, please feel free to ask my anything to you may wanted to know.

PS-i am coming from separates: Primare a33.2 and Accustic Arts preamp1. Speakers stay the same Marten Miles 5.

[​IMG]

Daedalus and Mintsauce like this.
  13. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

I’ve yet to do much proper testing of my new 509x but I’m finding it sounds cleaner with line straight on. Got to say it sounds incredible.

14. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Pictures!!!

Please? :D

15. beckzito

beckzito Forum Resident

Here it is...

[​IMG]

16. beckzito

beckzito Forum Resident

Cleaner overall yes but low end gets a bit messy, in my case.

17. Nero

Nero Rega - Oppo - Luxman - Sonus Faber.

On some records i also Think that the sound is better with the Line straight Button set to of.

beckzito likes this.
  18. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Sexy!

19. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

May have the opportunity to try the Luxman 509x vs my Line Magnetic setup. Very curious to hear which I prefer. So many good things have been written about the 509x that I almost expect it to beat my tube rolled 805ia handily but I guess we will see.

20. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Let us know how you get on. I’m currently speakerless (well a pair of Sonos ones), so there’s a sad 509x peaking out from under a cover while I await a new pair of Harbeth Shl5 plus in a few weeks! Had Tannoy Arden’s over Christmas but the deal didn’t work out and they were a little much for the room.

21. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

Will do. I may decide on trying the 590AXII first though. The Class A power is intriguing and may be a better middle ground for me as I am coming from a tube setup. We'll see!

22. Vinyl Archaeologist

Vinyl Archaeologist Forum Resident

What did you think of the Ardens? I'm very intrigued by them.

23. Warm_tunes

Warm_tunes Forum Resident

I'm totally in love with my 509X, running it with a Luxman DA-06 DAC and Innuos Zen MK III into La Scala IIs. I do prefer the sound of Line Straight. It seemed a little bass heavy and sloppy on the bottom end when running with the Loudness or tone controls on. I also bypass the internal pre from time to time (with the right material) with a Luxman CL-40 valve preamp. The system has incredibly synergy.

freesole likes this.
  24. Daedalus

Good to hear that it likes the LaScala or vice versa

Warm_tunes likes this.
  25. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

I just bought a 509X today from a guy who was running it with a pair of the larger Harbeths. I listened to the setup for a few minutes before packing up the amp, that's a really good match, you'll enjoy it a lot. He was selling the 509 to upgrade to the Luxman separates, which I imagine are other worldly.

SandAndGlass and freesole like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.