New Mobile Fidelity titles in latest Music Direct catalog*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lovealego, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

They nailed this one!

George P likes this.
  2. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Who mastered it?

3. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Mastered by Rob LoVerde assisted by Shawn R. Britton.

Plan9 likes this.
  4. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

So are these expected to be better than the expensive Esoteric editions?

5. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Hm, well. Who knows? People's ears and tastes and systems differ -- and the sound quality of an unissued title (Porgy & Bess!) is strictly impossible to judge. But for me, and for the broad consensus here, the Miles Davis MFSL reissues have been a wonderful success. So, yes, with the MFSL track record so far, I'd guess that people "expect" these MFSLs to be as definitive. On the other hand, I myself haven't heard the Esoterics and I don't recall discussion here making comparisons between the MFSL and the Esoteric issues. Sorry to give such a nothing answer, but there you go!

mwheelerk likes this.
  6. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Cool - do you prefer it to this?

7. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

I have that one and I certainly do prefer the MOFI. Just hope one day MFSL can get rights to do Infidels. Although, I have already been told that's a 'no'.

FashionBoy and duneman like this.
  8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Exciting news: Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab SACD of Miles Davis "Porgy and Bess" is in the shipping process.

eelkiller, Rob Hughes and SOONERFAN like this.
  9. I caved and finally ordered Richard Thompson's Rumor and Sigh SACD. His solo stuff is hit or miss for me but I am sure I would regret it if the SACD went out of print.

Grampire, lwh1, Joti Cover and 2 others like this.
  10. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

You know, I've been having the same thought this past week and more, so I just tacked Rumor and Sigh onto my Porgy & Bess and Oh Mercy! order. Should be a really nice week once they get to me! Thanks for the nudge ("Oh no! PhantomStranger is going to inspire a rush that will clean out all stocks of Rumor and Sigh before I get my order in! Better make my move now, rather than waiting for the next sale!"). :)

11. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Diverse Vinyl (UK) are saying MFSL Parsley Sage... will be in this month. Had it pre-ordered for ages.

12. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

It’s in.
    And wonderful.

Joti Cover and OptimisticGoat like this.
  13. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

You are of the same mind as I on this and his catalog.

14. The Richard Thompson SACD turned out very nicely, it gave me a fresh perspective on the album that raised its profile in my mind. Easily the best mastering I've heard of the material. Richard's distinct guitar-playing is heard in more fluid detail on the SACD layer.

15. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

There's still no confirmation on what format(s) the Grateful Dead "Blues For Allah" and Iron Butterfly "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" titles are, is there?

16. George P

George P Notable Member

15% off Music right now at Music Direct.

17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Sure. My tax is 6.25% which means actual discount is 8.75%. I'm better off with a 10% discount from Acoustic Sounds. Funny how Music Direct has a 15% discount but Acoustic Sounds hasn't reciprocated with their own 15% discount like they have done just about every time Music Direct runs a sale. They did the math too.

18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Realize that in time, all internet sellers will be charging state tax (of the state where you live). At least I believe that is going to be the norm if the state you live in requires, by law, internet sellers that ship to your state to collect sales tax.

pfausto likes this.
  19. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

No sales tax w Acoustic Sounds?

20. George P

George P Notable Member

Not as of today, I called them this morning and they told me that they do not charge sales tax.

chacha likes this.
  21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Oh yeah, I know how the politicians love to suck as much money out of working people as they can...They'll get to everyone now, that a precedence has been set. Right now though, the 15% is worse than the 10% at a non taxing online retailer.

formu_la likes this.
  22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

On a $99.00 sale, that makes a difference.

MikeJedi likes this.
  23. It's going to come down to which party controls your state's legislature in how they actually enforce sales tax.:shh:

Anyway, recently picked up Chicago's Transit Authority SACD from the forum and love it. Highly recommended, I'm not sure why I waited so long to acquire Chicago's best album from MFSL.

Instant Karma, Gardo, rxcory and 3 others like this.
  24. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Music Direct cancel orders if someone order two copies? of MOFI ONE STEP or Analogue Productions UHQR titles???

25. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I have seen on MFSL site the pre-orders like BOTT One-Step showed limit 2. Not sure on AP's UHQR vinly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.