New music by ABBA - "Voyage" LP due Nov. 5, 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MonkeysCantSwing, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Jokersm123

Jokersm123 Forum Resident

Very young ABBA :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  2. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I recognise Agnetha and Benny at least.

3. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Well said :thumbsup:

4. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Is that supposed to be Bjorn?

5. FrankieMax

FrankieMax Autumn winds, Blowing outside the window...

We have been on the Voyage for a month now, I'm still enjoying the journey... How about you guys?

I've alternated between the 2 formats I have 'CD and LP', 3 if you count the Digital I put on my phone for listening to when our and about, but that's taken from my CD; But that's just a compressed mp3. I've still listened to Voyage most days, it's such a breeze and a joy to get through.

It's got to that comfortable familiar stage, where you know all of the words; but there's always something in the music that you pick out or notice.

6. GoodVibrations47

GoodVibrations47 Every living being is a dancer

Only 1 week with Voyage for me and a very busy one at that...
    after 4 listens I feel that both When You Dance With Me and Keep An Eye On Dan could easily be post Christmas singles.
    ...I hope they release at least one more!
    I definitely don't know all of the words yet.
    Tracks 8-9 are a slight lull for me but very happy with the new ABBA album!

Roxy6, croquetlawns, Jarleboy and 2 others like this.
  7. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Don't want to rain on this kid's parade but why does everything need to be political now?

bob60 and Jokersm123 like this.
  8. Jokersm123

Bjorn and Frida barely recogognizible, but I like all actors who played their role and that the profit will donate to child protection, including against violence

9. FrankieMax

FrankieMax Autumn winds, Blowing outside the window...

haha They're not actually ABBA from way back, you know. They're just random children, that's like buying Bjorn Again tix and wondering who these 4 people on stage are lol.

On a side note, you guys did get the memo the Voyage Show are ABBAtars, and not actually ABBA the people? I'd hate for you to be disappointed come May.

Demiurge88, Roxy6, Hillbilley and 6 others like this.
  10. GuvnorsWhiteJacket

GuvnorsWhiteJacket Lord Julian's Consort

I wasn't a troublemaker like subsequent generations.

anduandi likes this.
  11. Jokersm123

Australia and Germany swapped places, given that Voyage was certified Platinum with first week in Germany and now topping chart despite the Adele album.

Jarleboy, croquetlawns and motownboy like this.
  12. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

:hugs::laughup:

JulesRules, anduandi and Jokersm123 like this.
  13. motownboy

motownboy Senior Member

Thank you... I love that cheek-to-cheek moment!! It is from the ABBA in Japan video.

14. motownboy

motownboy Senior Member

I love the spirit in the video... Everyone is having fun and that is most important for me and probably most everyone. I also like the choice for Bjorn, too!

15. doity

doity Forum Resident

Not Bjorn, but ‘Bjendrix’, as in Bjorn/Hendrix. He is known for his unique string bending technique. But seriously, if you notice almost every “rock” or pop band that you see portrayed on commercials now is a combination of both genders and of racial backgrounds. That is now “The name of the game” in advertising, no matter what the company is trying to sell.

Jarleboy likes this.
  16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I listened to the album for the first time proper last night on Spotify, but through a good hi-fi.
    I think it's a really good album, I think the only track I'm not sure about is Just A Notion, to me it sounds like early Eurovision era ABBA. I really liked Bumblebee, Ode To Freedom and the Christmas song, which seem to be the songs that divide people.

Admittedly I am very much a singles guy but I do enjoy albums as well. Mind you I listened to The Visitors for the first time a few months ago and didn't enjoy it at all, so my opinion might not count for much. I think the version I played was the deluxe version with all of the extra tracks and I was playing it on shuffle. I will give the original 9 track album a listen in the next couple of weeks.
    I really wasn't expecting a whole album full of classic ABBA hits like Don't Shut Me Down, because for me they have never had an album were I love every track anyway. If I like 50% of an album I am happy with that.
    I will definitely be playing this lots more over the coming weeks...

17. crankybruh

crankybruh Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Jokersm123 and croquetlawns like this.
  18. crankybruh

They probably are bigger than Jesus, given what a sanely secular country we are.

OberonOz and Jokersm123 like this.
  19. crankybruh

You're seeing it as political. It's also a social reality. The kids could be from the Stockholm choir or they could be from Central Casting; either way, there are Black kids in Sweden - should they NOT be present?

20. crankybruh

Cranky Old Dude Alert! :laugh:

JulesRules and Jokersm123 like this.
  21. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

This video really shows how ABBA unites the society! It doesn’t matterwhich gender, sexual orientation or skin colour you have! That’s beautiful:agree:

22. NekoM

NekoM Seriously not serious.

The regret from something like that is much larger than losing respect.

23. NekoM

NekoM Seriously not serious.

I’m not sure if many has seen the Switzerland special from 1979? I watched it for the second time today and the Kate Bush performance of Wow transfixed me so much I think I forgot to breathe. It’s crazy to think she was about 19 when she recorded that.

Fred1, NorthNY Mark, anduandi and 5 others like this.
  24. Jokersm123

Thanks to Motownboy for alternative Little Things clip. But I liked both :righton:

John Adam, Roxy6, bob60 and 3 others like this.
  25. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I love the line 'hitting the vaseline' line whilst patting her bum. The song is about a gay school teacher who taught Kate.
    I agree the performance was spectacular...