New music from Mandy Moore from forthcoming album, "Silver Landings" on Verve Forecast (03/06/2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Nov 19, 2019.

1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

Listening to this album as I do some housecleaning since I've taken few days off from work. This is really a wonderful album and it's highly recommended!

yesstiles, Bill007, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  2. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

Streaming this now and it does sound really great. I use Apple Music through Sonos then DAC that is built into my Synthesis tube amp. It Def has a Fleetwood Mac/Laurel Canyon vine vibe. Has anyone checked out the LP or should I just continue to stream it?

Edit: I just saw someone else posted about it when I reread the thread more thoroughly. The streaming will do for me.

audiomixer likes this.
  3. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

This album has been a very pleasant surprise. The first day I popped it on I was a little underwhelmed, but over the course of a few listens it seeps in and as well as some beautiful singing, the band really stand out behind her, and the two merge beautifully.

4. pghmusiclover

bluemooze likes this.
  5. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Listening now. No song have totally grabbed me yet but it feels like an album to comfortably sink into. I love her voice.

yesstiles, Bill007 and pghmusiclover like this.
  6. pghmusiclover

Interesting, I think the first three songs are a fantastic 1-2-3 opening salvo to this excellent album!

silverhead likes this.
  7. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Maybe I just need some more time with it.

8. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Definitely. First two or three listens I felt the same a way as you, but persist and you will hopefully find a gorgeous album.

yesstiles, Davidmk5 and LarsO like this.
  9. pghmusiclover

bluemooze and Bill007 like this.
  10. Ian Roberts

Ian Roberts Forum Resident

Re Mike Viola, I enjoyed the work he did with Ryan Adams too

11. pghmusiclover

I couldn't see his rating when I read the review on my phone, but looking at it on my desktop -- Fremer gave it a 10 for music AND sound!

Davidmk5 likes this.
  12. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

After living with the album a bit I really enjoy it. To me it really kicks in from Easy target and onward. Love that tune!

13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Very High ratings !!

My copy finally made it to me yesterday , I ordered the signed Vinyl off her site , My copy the vinyl is a bit noisy which i seem to get a lot of when getting vinyl from Verve , not sure who presses thier vinyl but my copies are always plagued by some crackle & some surface noise , I cleaned it & it helped a little but it still has some crackle ..................
    Other than that this is an AMAZING album , i had been listening a bit on streaming til i got a Vinyl copy , it's 1 of those albums the more i listen the more it opens up & connects with me , very impressed by this one .... The autograph is nothing great (just the way her signature is these days) But i'm happy to have it , so far my favorite song is "When I Wasn't Watching" ( though it;s scary how close this song is to the song "how long til i lose you off tyler hiltons 2019 album city on fire ) ........ My other gripe is how close they cut the last song on each side to the lp Label , my turntable doesn't do too bad with Inner Groove distortion (Empire 598 II) but on this on each last song the quality is not as good for me , probably due to it going so far Inward ........................
    I hope she keeps making albums as i always enjoy them :righton:

bluemooze, Bill007 and pghmusiclover like this.
  14. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

was just watching Midway..... she's in it. I don't watch This is Us, so don't see her act too much. Decided to listen a little, this new stuff is not bad. But I am guessing Candy is still a requested number heh heh heh

Candy - live at the Bootleg Theater

bluemooze likes this.
  15. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Holy Cow!! :eek:

How did I miss that Mandy Moore & Mike Viola had a new album out together? Their last album Amanda Leigh is one of my very favorites of the 21st Century.

16. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Davidmk5, pghmusiclover and bluemooze like this.
  17. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

It's in my top 10 albums of this year. Great album

18. pghmusiclover

yesstiles likes this.
  19. Bill007

Bill007 Forum Resident

What an excellent album!! She really has a wonderful voice and the songs do harken back to southern Cal. in the 70s but with a contemporary vibe.

FashionBoy and LarsO like this.
  20. Bill007

Bill007 Forum Resident

Did she write the songs?

FashionBoy likes this.
  21. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

She co-wrote all of them.

Bill007 likes this.
  22. Bill007

Bill007 Forum Resident

So well done

23. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Got the silver vinyl. Album is great and so is the vinyl quality. Thanks for the tip. :tiphat:

24. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

This was the lockdown part 1 (March/April) album for me. Soundtrack to the brighter days of home schooling etc.

bluemooze, pghmusiclover and Bill007 like this.
  25. Emperor of Mount Victoria

Emperor of Mount Victoria Forum Resident