New NYC record store

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by sethICE, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

I get Your point, but this place is not big enough for a bank or CVS.

2. listner_matt

listner_matt Still thinks music is an inexhaustible resource

At this point the entire corner of that block up to MacDougal seems vacant. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire side is razed for a new 4 storey (you know, offices on top, stores on the street level) building, up to where Electric Lady is.

Hep Alien likes this.
  3. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Not that I needed an excuse, but this is now an official excuse to hit this section of NYC when the weather warms up! Blind Tiger Ale House, Johns Brick Oven Pizza and then some Rekkid shopping = Primo Saturday afternoon!

DigMyGroove likes this.
  4. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

Worth the trip just for John's!

johnny q likes this.
  5. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

You bet!

"No Slices!" :)

6. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

Hep Alien and johnny q like this.
  7. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Maybe NYU can convert it to more dorm rooms.

sethICE and Hep Alien like this.
  8. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah, that's been vacant for well more than a year now. I'm sure you're right, except I think it will be residential (astronomically priced of course). So close to the mews (MacDougal Alley), fortunately it's within the Greenwich Village Historic District (though the buildings on that corner are not distinctive or landmarked themselves), so presumably a monstrosity won't be built.

Hep Alien likes this.
  9. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

So sorry to learn that Mainline is already gone! I went there in late November and found lots of good records at very fair prices, had a good chat with Don behind the counter too.

Thankfully Brooklyn continues to be a great source for used records. I bought 14 albums today in Carroll Gardens, about 60% at Black Gold on Court Street and the rest at the newer shop, Almost Ready Records, a few blocks away on Huntington Street. The pricing on everything was fair, from $5 to one at $20, a mix of jazz and rock, pressings from the early 60’ to mid-80’s.

Hep Alien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.