New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Come on to me fuhing kills live
    :)

theMess, kevintee and Zeki like this.
  2. gja586

gja586 Forum Resident

Sorry if you've already told us - it's hard to keep of everything in this thread - but which are the four astonishing songs and which is the bummer?

Thanks for this and also for all your previous contributions to this thread. ;)

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It depends on who you ask.

theMess and Beaneydave like this.
  4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Yeah I’m gonna go in after work and try and get the deluxe LP, might ring first see how many they have.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  5. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Don't worry, man. Many people said "Fuh" in this thread already ;)

theMess and Sean Murdock like this.
  6. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Yeah, that was nice. Much better, actually, than when it debuted live.

7. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

I've only heard the album once through or so (at home and in the car) but this was my instant standout too. Loved it. Played it to my boy before school (who previously picked up on Come On To Me, even though he'd only heard it in the background). LOVE Who Cares. Bloody brilliant.

theMess, scoostraw and Zeki like this.
  8. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Anyone who redeemed the CD from a concert ticket get some sort of shipping notice yet?

9. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

Pretty cool that Jimmy showed McCartney II, Tug of War, Give My Regards to Broadstreet

10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

My status has been updated and the CD should arrive by the end of today. Most excellent news if it happens.

11. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

My first time participating in a looonnnngggg pre-album release thread and gotta say it's been a whole lot of fun. Really.

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  12. boxmannn

boxmannn Well-Known Member

Rolled into my local Target a few minutes ago and no cd s to be found . Asked the clerk and she says they are in the back and proceeds to go get me 2. Whew! Funny thing was that she didn't bring any more to stock the shelves, but just kept walking.

13. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

Not bought it (yet) but here you go: Egypt Station - New | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

You do realise all this is just opinion (yours), right?! ;)

Listen now! I did!

SteveM likes this.
  14. Marcou

Marcou New Member

It s a shame we don t have on the CD who plays what for the different tracks
    We had that for the 3 singles.
    Is it possible to get the information for the other tracks ?

WhispersAndWisecracks likes this.
  15. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

I'm at work. Can get Pandora and You tube but not Spotify. Any way I can listen while I work?

16. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Wow. Mine says it it "in transit" and scheduled to arrive tomorrow [via UPS also]. [$14.99 - Redcard discount + tax = $15.38]

17. I think he actually makes his voice work for this live version. I had been disappointed w his singing in the Carpool Set.

theMess, forthlin, efegarcia and 3 others like this.
  18. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Mine was in NJ at 7am this morning, but now it's here in town and expected to be delivered tomorrow. I am happy!

[I can wait another day.....]

jricc likes this.
  19. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

I'll never understand how this has never changed, after all these years. Put the new releases out the night before, after closing!

theMess, mrjinks, jmxw and 1 other person like this.
  20. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Apparently we are in the same demographic.... :winkgrin:

21. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I totally agree with this. He did sound great on this song on Fallon compared to the Carpool Karaoke stuff.

I did note that he wasn't trying to really belt it out this time but had more of a calmer style of singing which he doesn't always do live with the rock songs. I think back to the Flowers tour where he pretty much screamed every song.

Those days are over. I'm glad he is finding a way to effectively use his voice. If he is in this form for the tour next year in the US than I really am hyped.

theMess, forthlin, Zeki and 3 others like this.
  22. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident

23. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

24. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

I'm listening to it through all day. Unfortunately so far I tend to agree with you on the quality of the songs, with a few exceptions. I'm a bit let down. To put it in Paul's words... I Don't Know... Let's see if something pops up a stronger in the next hours...

25. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Same here. None on the shelves when Target opened. A nice sales assistant brought me a copy and then started to put some out. She said when I mentioned release day she thought I was talking about Spider Man.....oh well. I've got my copy and all is good!

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.