New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident Thread Starter

Probably someone has already gave the infos, but in Europe, the 18 tracks version has a green rubber band, and the 16 tracks , a red rubber band. Soory if it's not new

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

What's your thoughts on the album ?

3. petertakov

petertakov Forum Resident

And mine too, if that's OK with you?

4. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Is it a dung beetle..?

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Cover : bottom left.
    Oldies goodies.
    Goodnight Tonight.

6. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Like a scarab? :cool:

theMess and graystoke like this.
  7. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

As much as I've been bagging on his voice I have to admit that on this performance he was very good. Certainly seems to fluctuate these days. Possibly why the album seems to have taken so long to record.

theMess, Frank, The Band and 3 others like this.
  8. hazza43

hazza43 Active Member

None in store at three Targets that I stopped at in Denver. None on the shelves and none even in the back. Ugh. Looks like some wasted time.

9. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

Your tone here is quite rude and snide. I'm sure you think you're being "honest." But you're insulting people here for no good reason. The fact is: Your previous posts make clear that there was no way in hell you were going to like anything on this album. You went into it with your mind made up and that was never going to change, which is no better or more honest than the folks at the other extreme who go into a McCartney album determined to like it, no matter what. But don't pretend that your mind wasn't pre-set, too.

My copy hasn't arrived yet. So this is not from someone who loves the album and took offense at your opinion about it. I just thought your post was needlessly condescending.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    theMess, mrjinks, The Band and 5 others like this.
  10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Perhaps you can try to contact get via e-mail?
    I sent a message yesterday to Paul's UK store about the order that I placed on June 20th for the 2-LP set and got this reply: "Your order is currently being processed and will be shipped within the next 24 working hours. As soon as the item leaves our warehouse you will receive a shipment confirmation email from us. You order should arrive in 14 – 20 working days".

11. Tough crowd!

I don’t understand the criticism (or statement) that “ this is an album for McCartney fans.” Of course it is—that statement is tautological. If you bought the album, you are a fan of the artist. At worst, you were curious and bought it for that reason. Not many in that category, though.

12. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Spies Like Us too

theMess and whisper3978 like this.
  13. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

Excellent!

theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  14. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I can't believe I have 6 box sets to buy this fall.. Guess I'm glad Paul's Luxury Box is not coming until next year.

15. rocklobster

rocklobster Forum Resident

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Colored Vinyl LP the day it was put on PM.com Store, forgot to create an account beforehand, created one well after the order (like several hours later), and have absolutely zero way to track my order status.

I've emailed Paul's US Store for information on my order and have gotten nothing back. I definitely paid for it, back on June 20th (luckily I've got my PayPal receipt), but have no way to know if it's shipped, etc. I guess I should be counting myself lucky that my order wasn't just inexplicably cancelled, but I'd sure love to know just where in the hell it is! (like has it shipped, if so what's the tracking number, when can I expect it to arrive, etc.)

kristinesummer likes this.
  16. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Is this a question or a statement?

17. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I'm in the same boat. PayPal shows that I paid for it, but nothing on the McCartney website, in fact it shows that I have no orders! No cancellation email at this point, but no idea when to expect delivery either.

18. Did I ever?

Did I ever? Forum Resident

Here and now. We can find our way — Somehow ;)

19. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Hopefully some of you should be getting an email shortly, if not already, confirming dispatch of orders from the official Paul McCartney store, I've just had mine, and it says 1-4 business days for delivery, but that delivery to the mainland is usually next day (So, is that Saturday or Monday?).

Interestingly for me, the dispatch notice seems to include not only the Deluxe vinyl I'm waiting for, but also the CD which I cancelled from the order at the end of June and got an immediate refund for! I shall wait with interest to see what they actually send me :)

Paul H likes this.
  20. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

Yes. His voice is a non-issue with me on this record. Much to my surprise. I am very pleased.

21. Mazda

Mazda The mystic one

WOW

I'm listenin to Egypt Station on Spotify! Its a beautiful record, I'm loving it!

It's nicely layered and Paul's sounding really good, what a great latter day record!

I truly believe this one will grow on to be acclaimed by peers and press and fans in the long run.

22. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

Yes, surprisingly it's pretty consistent. Not top notch but nothing terribly untoward. Although he's a bit raspy on a couple of tunes there's nothing that put me off (a la Early Days).

theMess, kevintee, scoostraw and 3 others like this.
  23. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that. I created an account at the UK store before placing my order and when I log in it says "Delivery 1 of 1 Processed 1 Egypt Station Deluxe Vinyl". I don't think it has shipped yet, but customer service has answered my e-mails quite fast.

24. Fleet Fox

Fleet Fox Forum Resident

I just listened to it. Very poor album, most of it is forced. It reminds me a little of 'Driving Rain.'
    I also don't get these days why these artists put out an album 58 minutes long. Shave 18 minutes off it and
    you might have had something salvageable.
    He should have stopped at NEW which was half decent. How anyone can put it in the top 10 Beatles solo albums
    of all time is mind boggling

25. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Went to three Target stores, and none of them have it, or even got a shipment for any, even though they have a display for it. They stated that no store in the area has it, so I've given up. This is is indicative of Target, and their shoddy cusomer service. I hated even having to step foot in one of their stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.