New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

No, which is why I said that it is more important what they do into 2018 and beyond before judging success or lack there of.

Mark Wilson and OobuJoobu like this.
  2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Does not always mean we will even see the song. Many songs unused are licensed by Paul at ASCAP

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

No, I don't on either account

Mr. Explorer and MaccaFanForever like this.
  4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Another alternate title is "Let Mice Elf Down" ...

In tribute to Sly Stone of course... ;)

[​IMG]

5. MaccaFanForever

MaccaFanForever Active Member

Paul's album are not "easily obtainable" in any way shape or form. Yes the wings stuff up until about Flowers In The Dirt. Then it gets RARE and Expensive. For CDs the last reissue before the Archive collection was "The Paul McCartney Collection" from 1993 which a lot of those go for over 50 bucks now. There was a few Capitol cd reissues from the 2000's and that's all.

Mr. Explorer and Sam Smith like this.
  6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

In related news:
    Paul had Italian food for dinner in Asbury Park, New Jersey, a few days ago:

Paul McCartney, Wife Dine In Asbury Before NJ Arena Shows

And one patron, namely Frank Mozino, says:

"I was having dinner at Jimmy's in Asbury Park last night, and when I looked up from my stuffed artichoke, there was Sir Paul, Nancy and a few friends being seated at a table across from us."

Stuffed Artichoke?

The clues just keep coming ... ;)

7. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Hmm, maybe I should have been flipping mine on Ebay instead of tossing in the trash when the Archive editions replaced them. The only bright spot in that collection for me was finally getting a proper release of "Twice In A Lifetime".

8. Absolutely interested in vinyl these days (I'm 63), and if it means a few millennials will pick it up and discover who Paul McCartney is, then bless his heart. :tiphat:

9. The Harrison vinyl box did NOT have download codes.

mikecarrera and MaccaFanForever like this.
  10. I doubt he had sweetbreads or the veal piccata.

11. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Just now, searching on eBay, I had no problem finding any and all McCartney CDs for a price of $12 or less including the Paul McCartney Collection version of 'Red Rose Speedway' so I'm not sure what you mean. Post 'Flowers In The Dirt' CDs were even cheaper.

12. MaccaFanForever

I noticed paul posted his throwback Thursday photo a lot earlier than he normally does... I wonder if that's because there's an announcement...

13. MaccaFanForever

You'll find any price Imagineable on eBay because people don't know the worth of what they have. Try sites like Amazon or actual retain outlets. And even so. Is that where all the kids today should go to pick up a mccartney album? This is why they need to be remasters and reissued in the stores

14. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Ah, but what kid would be seeking out a Paul McCartney album? Besides, they don't shop for albums anymore. They just stream or download songs. Actually, eBay is the best place. Lots of cheap 'Buy-It-Now' deals on any and all albums of his.

15. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Reciting age-based stereotypes is fun!

16. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Grrr. Those millenials. *Raises fist towards sky* ;)

SixOClockBoos and Mr. Explorer like this.
  17. MaccaFanForever

I currently work in a music store. And paul has fans of all ages. Right now we're downsizing the CDs section because they're just not selling. You're right about kids streaming and downloading. But they do still buy albums. They buy vinyl. They figure why buy the cd when I can just stream it on my phone when I can get the vinyl and have a hard copy and the giant artwork. That's what it starts out with anyways. Then they start to get into the quality and sound and upgrade their systems. Vinyl sold 430 million dollars worth in America last year alone. That's the best it's done since 1985 and the cd came out in 1984 so there is a large market for it. CDs on the other hand are disappearing. I'm hoping Paul will do what Bowie is doing and have a limited edition cd set with the vinyl set just to for people such as yourself and others that decided to go the cd route a long time ago and would be far too expensive to invest in a good set up now. and yes just like you I use eBay a lot and score great deals. But I would love for All of Paul's albums in both the cd format and the vinyl format to be available in stores and online again with good remastered sound.

18. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Just to put in my bit... I am 20 years old. I primarily listen to music via streaming, however, when I do buy music, it's either on vinyl or in a box set. I can't remember the last time I bought a single CD. Like MaccaFanForever points out, why buy the tiny CD's when I can easily access millions of songs via streaming? So towards that point, CD's have become obsolete to me. They don't have the large artwork or the experience of sitting back and lowering the needle onto the record. So... in short: streams everything, buys boxsets, buys vinyl (if I really care about the album).

Arnold Grove, e.s., Haristar and 2 others like this.
  19. I just checked Amazon downloads/streaming. Everything is there, including things like "Twin Freaks" and "Wings Greatest". So the point is valid that Paul McCartney's music is easily available to discover.

The problem is really just for those requiring/preferring brand new lossless physical media. But we already knew that.

20. MaccaFanForever

And remasters across all formats for everyone to enjoy since this Archive thing (which is great) is taking literally years.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

And Paul should have all the Wings albums under his name on Spotify, future fans are missing out on London Town and Back To The Egg for example if they just know the name Paul McCartney(and no Wings)

22. MaccaFanForever

Random question. Now that John Lennon, George Harrison, and soon Paul McCartney have vinyl box sets out does anyone think poor Ringo will be able to have one and it sell?

SixOClockBoos and Billy Budapest like this.
  23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I think it's a pretty limited market for Ritchie. More promising for me is that his older albums are being reissued, including at least one that NEVER had a vinyl issue (with more to come?):
    New Ringo Starr vinyl reissues (2016, 2017 ... 2018?)

24. Anything is possible. Many of his albums are out of print. Old Wave was never even released on vinyl in the U.S. I would certainly buy a box of his classic albums, up to and including the Blast from Your Past compilation. Great stuff!

25. Beat me to it by two seconds!

mrjinks and MaccaFanForever like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.