New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Ahh. Well, if it did all we're seeing is the press release. The only true insight has been from Kurstin's RS interview and the comments from the folks who watched a few songs performed live.

But, yes, we'll all hear it soon.

2. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

Glenn and I will be embarking on a secret mission, and will be returning on September 7th.

3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

This comes from the pressrelease available on Pauls Twitter account

True to the inspiration behind its title, Egypt Station’s 14 songs combine to convey a unique travelogue vibe. Between the opening and closing instrumentals 'Station I' and 'Station II', each song finds Paul capturing a place or moment before transporting the listener seamlessly to the next destination. Stops along the way include an acoustic meditation on present day contentedness ('Happy With You'), a timeless anthem that would fit on virtually any album of any McCartney era ('People Want Peace'), and an epic multi-movement closer clocking in at seven minutes with a song suite structure harkening back to the days of Paul’s previous combos ('Despite Repeated Warnings'). The result is a kaleidoscopic journey through myriad musical locales and eras, yet firmly rooted in the here and now - with Paul’s singular unmistakeable melodic and lyrical sensibility serving as a guide.

4. Antivenom9808

Antivenom9808 Forum Resident

I'm not that person. I never went to North America and I don't speak english or french.

Everything I wrote on my review is true; maybe including the personal tastes.

"I don't know" belongs much more to the monochrome "Driving Rain" than to the beauty from "Chaos".

Look for my latest post for some facts about ES.

5. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Ok. But you haven't responded to our simple questions on the tracks. By acting like that, our friends tend to doubt you completely.

6. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

In all honesty -I don t care who you are. I don t care if you have acess to Egypt Station either. If so it s good for you
    What s bother me is that you seemingly wants to tell others if a song is good or not. Personally I think I don t know is a brilliant song-one of Pauls best ballads in a long time. You doesn t warm to it that s fine. It s just opnions nothing more. That s all.

7. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I don’t believe anything until made official, and I have always loved a good story, but this has gotten ridiculous. Too much suspect, too many inconsistencies with other accounts of the album and we need to stop paying attention to it.

8. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Anyone who engages in bickering will get a brief respite from posting in this thread, regardless of who started it. We're getting too many complaints, so please report problems if you want this thread to stay open. Thanks!

9. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

10. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I'd never heard this before. Thanks.

11. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Ok
    Really?
    There is even a live version of the song played in NYC in 1992!

theMess, Zeki and Yorick like this.
  12. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Wow...really? It's one the many great b-sides from the "Off the Ground" singles.

13. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Ok boys
    Let s step up now. Would be a drag if this never-ending thread closed down so close to release.
    Admittedely there are some annoying things goin on-Lets ignore them and focus on the more positive sides
    End of speach
    :):):)

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

It s a good one. One of many great B-sides from Of the ground. However my favorite among them are this simple,folky little song. Just love it

15. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I hereby turn in any pseudo credentials I may have thought I had to participate in this thread. :D

jmxw, Mr. Explorer, docwebb and 2 others like this.
  16. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

This may be my personal favorite from the b-sides...

17. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Actually, I'm envious of you. I would love to stumble upon a great McCartney song I'd never heard before.

18. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Also mine

Tord, theMess, Bop789 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Here is the live-version were Paul sings the F-word

20. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Okay, I'm going to have to turn off Van Morrison (sorry, Van) and listen to these.

omikron and theMess like this.
  21. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I was actually listening to ny fellow swedes the gorgeous First aid kit when all this started. Comes highly recomended
    :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Claudio Dirani likes this.
  22. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

The first two preview tracks were relatively "safe" crowd pleasers -- a Macca rocker and a Macca piano ballad -- so it would make sense that the third track might be something a little different, perhaps even something that might rankle some fans. I am convinced that we are being carefully shielded from the best tracks on Egypt Station -- to ensure maximum possible critical and fan euphoria when the whole thing is unleashed.

23. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I LOVE this one. Right down my alley.

24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Here is another one

25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

You are probably right. Even though sir Paul himself said I don t know was a favorite of his.
    Because I like much if the things I have heard from Ryan Tedder I have high hopes for Fuh You-if it s a catchy song this will be fun.
    But perhaps a bit dividing among fans

Dr. Pepper, Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.