New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Even if they are from the Discovery digital files, the Cd's sound the best I have heard them in digital

Pancat and Billy Infinity like this.
  2. Millington

Yeah, stingy ol' Bob used old photo's as well. What a low budget cover, good job the music was up to the mark

3. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

I respectively disagree, but as with audio we all have our tastes :cheers:

quicksrt and tkl7 like this.
  4. Millington

5. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

didn't they do that already?

6. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Any word on if we will get high res files in conjunction with the vinyl releases? Would be nice if they did what Rush did and release both simultaneously.

7. Crazyhorse11

Crazyhorse11 Hoser

Wonder if these means another re-release of The Wall, DSOTM, WYWH and Division Bell?

8. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Aren't these still widely available right now ?

9. Crazyhorse11

Crazyhorse11 Hoser

Good question...I'm not sure about widely available as I know my local shop has probably most in, however maybe that answers my question. Replenish the supply...

10. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

I saw in my local store Division Bell with new Pink Floyd Records label on...so they're already out there..Same release as in 2014, just with Pink Floyd Records logo on

11. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I bet Tigers will be on it this time.

12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Will there be a box set?

steveharris likes this.
  13. Crazyhorse11

Crazyhorse11 Hoser

doesn't sound like it. but who knows.

14. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Hell yeah!

SergioRZ likes this.
  15. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Why are you dreading the next batch?

16. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Because of the hit to his wallet, I think! :D

17. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Exactly...

Hattipper likes this.
  18. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I'm so thrilled by this, as I've been waiting so long ... and yet annoyed because if they're doing 4-LP batches, Animals won't be available until the third batch.

First-world problems.

The struggle is real, innit.

19. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I am fortunate to have 2 US copies of Animals... but I sure would like to hear what the fuss is all about if they can get it close to the UK version.

I would have Animals as the soundtrack to my life. I would like it to be played all day all the time as I go about my life. And how often does a social commentary get more relevant as time goes on, even 40 years later?

With that said, I really don't know if I need all these early records. Maybe for once I won't pre-order all of them.

painted8, PteroDon and ArpMoog like this.
  20. These will 24/192 PCM at the end of the day. No AAA vinyl :(. I think I'll pass.

Gordon Johnson likes this.
  21. AWESOM-O

AWESOM-O Forum Resident

Since they are taking "‘special care’ to replicate the original packaging," I wonder if it will eventually be the original truncated single-disc Division Bell or the newer two-disc (much like the 12 vs. 13-track Final Cut)? Maybe more interesting as a novelty, but already having the 20th anniversary edition, it might pique my interest for that one.

22. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Is anyone's Pulse light still blinking? If they reissue Pulse, maybe it will come with a blinking light.

In other musings, I hope some of the uncollected tracks like "Biding my Time" and "Embryo" end up on the Early Years box, in addition to all of the singles and famous unreleased tracks. It could be a good year for Floyd fans.

cwitt1980 likes this.
  23. BCJaysfan

BCJaysfan Forum Resident

In the case of Amazon you don't pay until they ship, can cancel anytime, and most importantly you get the lowest price between the time you order and the time they ship.

Saved $4 or $5 each on the recent individual Metallica releases.

Crazyhorse11 likes this.
  24. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I just put new batteries in my Pulse CD set. I must have taken the original batteries out several years ago because the tray was empty. I put some shelving up so that I could finally have all my CDs together so I figured I'd see if I could get the light to blink again.

25. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

Sorry, still doesn't make any sense to me. I buy whatever I want from the store I like best at any given moment, when I want it, after things are released, and if I wanted at the best price (not my priority, I'm more a good-service guy).

No need to cancel any orders, or worry about prices...

There is, objectively, no reason to pre-order these Pink Floyd LP's. When they're released, go online and buy them. Or walk into a store and buy them. Simple stuff :)

I'm not criticizing your personal option, let's be clear about that, it's NOT my business to criticize what you choose to do. I'm pointing out (once again) the pre-order madness because more and more I watch it and it really feels like people are doing this in "auto-mode" just because some time ago big stores like Amazon basically "invented" the pre-order craze.

I'm just trying to put the question out there, and in "your mind", ask yourself: why did I pre-order? Is there any real need for that? Why would I make a "promise" to order this from Amazon (of all places...), even if I can break it, why would I do that?

It makes a lot of sense to a lot of people, so I'm in the minority here, no worries :)

Steel City and john lockland like this.