New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Perfect sound forever

Perfect sound forever Well-Known Member

I am confident that the reissues will sound very good. It's been a long time coming . Prices for their early stuff goes for silly money . Oh BTW If the LPs so happened to be sourced from digital please just reserve your judgement until you actually hear the reissues replayed on a decent system. Only 5 years ago everyone was championing anything that was "Digitally Remastered" but now this method seems to be " unacceptable"???

Your bound to get someone really say something really pretentious like , " It sounds very digital! , but not as good as my beat up/scratched up 1973 analog copy when I was just a slack jawed stoner tripping on my flares!"

Yesterday I heard an £80,000 cd player from Metronome at Guilford Audio. It sounded superb but alas it was still "digital"

2. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

For those wondering why these vinyl releases are dubious because they are on the Parlophone label here is a scan of the "animals" rear sleeve of the new 2016 cd reissue... You have to look at the copyright text...

[​IMG]

These discs are legitimate as I've seen them in Hmv UK stores :)

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  3. dbsea

dbsea Forum Resident

Recently, I was glad to find an inexpensive NM US copy of A Nice Pair. (I know many don't care for the Astronomy Domine replacement on this version of Piper, but I can always listen to the original on CD.) I love these albums and they sound solid on this release, though regardless whether I'm listening to it on vinyl or CD, the stereo panning at various parts on Piper sounds sort of clumsy and dated. I really hope reissues are coming and they include mono versions of these albums.

4. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

A good portion of the catalog was reissued in the early 80's on the capitol rainbow label.
    some have barcodes some don't.
    I don't know who did them off hand but they sound really good and quiet vinyl specifically the early albums, pre Moon.
    They usually fly under the radar.

Static Discharge likes this.
  5. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

I have a hunch(no, my name is not Quasimodo), that when these get released legit, on vinyl.
    It will be in a big fat box set

Sean and mestreech like this.
  6. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

That looks like a 2011 CD but the 2016 ones are in HMV (well, my local HMV only had the Wall and Dark Side 2016 CDs) so I don't see why the vinyl releases would be bootlegs.

Clayton93 likes this.
  7. Millington

Ken, these inners are a nightmare, I have rehoused mine in an anti-static inner.

kendo and Craig Williams like this.
  8. Millington

The simple reason to make money!

9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

No, not in this forum they were not championing digitally cut vinyl. Of course you were not even here back then. You are an official "newbe" here.

I333I, Paully, goodiesguy and 2 others like this.
  10. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Hmmm....just did a shootout agin' my US press....hmmmm....

11. MattG

MattG Unreliable Narrator

What's the verdict, gov'ner?

12. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident Thread Starter

If these are legit, it is indeed strange that nothing has been posted online at Pink Floyd's official website or fansites.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  13. Slick Willie

The JPN press is sweet, awesome vinyl quality, much more open presentation, detailed....really sweet....then I turned it up the volume past moderate......the Japan's EQing,....... well, let's just say volume is not it's friend! On the plus side, they really hold their value well, especially if it has the OBI.
    I'm keeping mine for times when lower volume listening is needed.

14. kayley10

kayley10 Forum Resident

Still no reason to believe these are official if there's already three supposedly out. Keep your money for now, folks!

15. MattG

MattG Unreliable Narrator

Ugh, that was my concern when ordering, opinions are all over the place on pressings of this album and it seems darn-near impossible to find a decent UK copy in great shape. I'll hold out hope that it's moderately crank-able on my system and the hunt can be over.

16. Slick Willie

Well, IMO you'll need at the least a US copy, to see what a ballsy album it truly is. Just hope you got it at a bargain.

Pancat likes this.
  17. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I have a near mint uk original I am offering of Animals for $800 including shipping with tracking.

18. Millington

Yeah! Good luck with that:tiphat:

Joti Cover likes this.
  19. Tracking alone is worth the price of admission :tiphat:

20. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

If these are analog, I would fill in a few gaps.

Or...if these were analog and absolutely amazing...I would consider repurchasing titles.

If they are just CD on vinyl...the two box sets I already have keep me covered.

Or...if they are digital and amazing (digital done right), well...maybe.

A little rant...If these are just digital, why not just listen to the CDs?

The record companies have a real chance here to save themselves buy producing non-digital reissues that you can only get from vinyl.

Hoping. Hoping Hoping...that someone in those big building will "get it".

Rant over.

blackg, Paully, goodiesguy and 2 others like this.
  21. Slick Willie

Will you take a check? ;)

Joti Cover likes this.
  22. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

$800?? Really? It's a great album but , holy hell! Here in Australia I have found multiple near mint copies that play very well with minimal noise. Thing with Animals is, I don't know if there is a copy in existence that you can throw on side 2 and sit back and expect near silent play back?

blackg likes this.
  23. Slick Willie

No, not really.....it was a joke....or damn well better be!!!!:bdance:

24. The vinyl mastering could be better than the CD.

ShawnX likes this.
  25. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

Still dreaming of audiophile cuts for all Pink Floyd albums... dreaming,... dreaming ;)

latheofheaven and YevX like this.