New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

They are excellent, at those prices go for it. More sounds great, and the live disc of Umma was well received here. My US pressings of both were flawless.

2. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

so which is the better piper album? 2011 remaster or 2016?

3. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Was there any PATGOD vinyl released in 2011?

4. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Good question I believe amazon.ca listed it wrong. There is a listing for 2011 remastered vinyl but if you look at the picture it says 2016 so I'm guessing no. Sorry for the mistake on my part.

5. Norco74

No problem. I didn’t see the amz description but I think the 2016 vinyl were cut from the 2011 digital master.

I am not sure if you went through all of the 500+ pages but the consensus on this thread seems that the 2016 reissue campaign was a success. Some can dispute that but these are your best option for your buck if you do not already have a mint original or other press copies of these PF albums in your collection. PATGOD is probably the best of the lot with OBC. Happy listening!

6. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

It's been a little while since I've listened to Pulse. I pulled out the double cd's from my original box (with the blinking light) and book, and gave it a listen. I remember buying this gem in the summer of 1995, and thinking it was the coolest packaging I've ever seen. I would love to see this reissued on vinyl.

7. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Let's have faith!

Dr. Funk and Szeppelin75 like this.
  8. Norco74

With the LED?

Dr. Funk likes this.
  9. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

I don't believe the vinyl had the LED, I sold mine not in great condition and I'm pretty sure it had no LED.

Norco74 likes this.
  10. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Only Cd version, and it was a limited version that had the LED, altought it would be awesome if the vinyl reissue of Pulse would had a LED

Norco74, Dr. Funk and Szeppelin75 like this.
  11. Norco74

Still have the LED CD version in working condition. Replaced the batteries a few times when I feel that it would be cool to see it flash. Cool gizmo...

Dr. Funk likes this.
  12. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

That would be cool.

13. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

On Amazon UK currently Delicate sound of thunder is 16.99 on vinyl and a collection is 12.99

14. EXpediency

EXpediency Active Member

Perhaps, quality control has been performed and problems with vinyl records.
    Those of which eu, were sent not one copy on PFVR from Amazon. Because of the quality of the recordings.

15. Echoes Myron

Finally picked up Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Quite enjoying it.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  16. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

Hopefully they release a mono version of Piper At The Gates of Dawn on vinyl.

17. Javier Santivanez

Javier Santivanez Forum Resident

Could you please report where did you get it and if there are any issues with Side 2 of the first album? I got mine from Amazon US and several people (including myself) had issues with this pressing. Hopefully there is a new batch by now.

18. Echoes Myron

Bought at local. I did notice side 2 did not sound as deep and was a little quieter than the other sides. May also be the material on that side not sure. It didn't strike me as terrible.

Overall a very nice album.

Javier Santivanez likes this.
  19. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

I can't read 500+ pages of this thread. Can someone sum up: how good are these? is the vinyl well pressed? are they AAA? any word on getting Piper and Saucerful in mono?

20. Echoes Myron

1. Very good to excellent
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No word yet

izgoblin likes this.
  21. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

which ones are excellent?
    and are they sourced from 24/192 files? DSD?

22. tables_turning

tables_turning In The Groove

I don't mind the stereo remaster on vinyl. The sound is actually quite good, plus we get to hear Syd Barrett panning the mix back and forth on several tracks. His mix of "Lucifer Sam" is a treat!

The Ole' Rocker and lucan_g like this.
  23. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Spun 2016 reissue AMLOR last night. Nice press great sound. Loud and proud on the 15 inch woofers.

Joti Cover likes this.
  24. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Pulse is probably my most wanted vinyl reissue at the moment. Hope it comes this year!

25. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

Syd didn’t have his hand on the console, did he? It was Norman Smith who was doing most of the work.

Joti Cover likes this.