New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I guess a lot of folks have the immersion boxes, and one of them includes the live album you're talking about. A vinyl release would be great, though.

2. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

My wish list also.

3. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Yeah you are right with that. But those are more or less now Out Of Print (You can still get them in some stores though). But Is There Anybody Out There is currently not available on Streaming Services like Spotify etc. and you also can't buy a digital version on iTuns etc. - which is a strong indicator to me that they have to reissue it at some point and if they are up for that, why not put out new CDs and a complete new Vinyl box set (It will sell pretty good I think...)

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  4. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I'm all for cassettes really.

darkmage likes this.
  5. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

Seriously?

6. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Yes. I've just bought a new stereo system, which plays cds, vinyl and cassettes. It would be fun to try the tape player.

7. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

I guess you could dub a tape off of a CD or record and play that if you can't find a factory made cassette. And then again there's eBay.

8. darkmage

darkmage Through Doors of Moonlight

Me too! I still have my cassette release of Pulse which contains the Soundscape bonus track. This is an ambient tune that was played before gigs on the '94 tour. I think it later showed up in the Endless River release. I was hoping it would be on the vinyl remaster release.

9. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

The Pulse cassettes also came in a cool longbox!

c-eling and rontoon like this.
  10. darkmage

darkmage Through Doors of Moonlight

Yes it did!

[​IMG]

11. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but do the Relics LP reissues have "Arnold Layne" and "See Emily Play" in mono or stereo?

12. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Mono

CybrKhatru likes this.
  13. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Thinking about buying a new cassette player myself. You happy with yours so far?

14. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

No 8 tracks? :uhhuh:

mestreech likes this.
  15. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

Thank you! Excellent.

I have the "Masters Of Rock" LP which is really cool....

16. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

A nice one to have. A record shop I used to work in once got the import (Dutch I think) early The Best of Pink Floyd LP in and I could have got it quite cheap. I should have bought it. I've never seen another one.

CybrKhatru likes this.
  17. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I haven't really tested it yet. My father has a lot of cassettes stored somewhere. I have to try to locate them some day.

No, but I'm thinking about purchasing a minidisc player. A lot of Pink Floyd albums are actually released on MD.

This is the Pulse cassette set, yes. But this isn't the version I meant. I remember there was also a longbox release.

c-eling likes this.
  18. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

Don't buy a new one, they're junk. There's lots of very good ones that came out in the late 80s to early/mid '90s that can be had very cheaply from eBay, Cash Converters etc.

reddyempower and NunoBento like this.
  19. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Junk? Really?

20. tables_turning

tables_turning In The Groove

I have both the Masters Of Rock and The Best Of The Pink Floyd LPs, which (I believe) are the only vinyl compilations from that time period that contain a stereo version of "Apples And Oranges". Both "Arnold Layne" and "See Emily Play" are in pseudo stereo, although not taken terribly over the edge, and are still quite listenable. Nicer mono versions of both exist on the newer Relics remaster, though.

Would love to locate a recently remastered/cleaned up version of "Apples And Oranges", if one exists.

21. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Yes, The US had a special long box edition, pretty cool!
    @jeffmo789 gifted me the standard recently, I'll probably pop it in the player tonight :)
    [​IMG]

darkmage and JeffMo like this.
  22. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

Yes, lower quality parts, transport/engineering resulting poorer overall quality. They don't generally don't publish the W&F spec as they're usually abysmal.

23. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Why is Us and Them absent on the Delicate Sound of Thunder LP? I love that song!

24. ronm

ronm audiofreak

I can't say with any certainty but I would tend to agree.Why put the engineering into an almost extinct format.I would be looking into a nice vintage unit.

Shak Cohen likes this.
  25. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

It was also absent on the original LP. Time restraints. Although I wish they'd sacrificed another song.

superstar19 likes this.