New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Why?

Haggischomper likes this.
  2. Brian9229

Brian9229 Rushman

I listened to the new 2019 remix of "Sorrow" today, it's online, I'm really liking it. No more bombastic snare drum. Great Rick Wright additions as well.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  3. Tiago Fernandes

Tiago Fernandes Forum Resident

After years and years of listening to the original track list and the transition from One of the Few to The Hero's Return... it just doesn't fit there. It ruins it for me.

4. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Nope, no even close.

5. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Ok

The Gomper likes this.
  6. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Same.

7. I agree. Right now, at this home of mine all I have access to on CD, LP and Apple Music is the current track list. I have the cassette and a earlier CD of the original track list. I've probably tried listening to the new transition a couple of times and I can't get through it. I don't even like the song and it ruins the flow of the album.

8. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

It sure does. Doesn't belong on that album at all.

9. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

I always put "Not Now John" inbetween "One of The Few"and "Hero's Return". And "Tigers" between "Fletcher" and "Southampton Dock".

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I finally bought the 2016 EU BG mastered WYWH. Not impressed. Cannot hold a candle to the 3 dimensional sounding A3/B3 UK. Falls flat. Are the tapes getting bad? I dont know but this reissue does zero for me.

11. robd2

robd2 Well-Known Member

Somewhat agree with this. I think it has to do with the fact that these are NOT AAA from what I understand. I feel still very good for the cheaper price and availability but not the quality of AAA versions. Would be interesting to compare the 2016 WYWH LP to the recently released SACD on a high end player to see where that ranks.

12. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Unless you're into 5.1 I wasn't impressed with the two channel AP SACD. The only reason I haven't sold it yet is due to the package and design (which I do love) :laugh:

robd2 likes this.
  13. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

That is an interesting comment. Anyone else is having the same thougth about WYWH AP SACD? I am on the fence about rebuying this album for the 7th time...

14. c-eling

I'm probably in the minority Norco :laugh:
    For digital I enjoy the Mastersound Japan and the UK Harvest.

Norco74 likes this.
  15. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Fully agree. A better solution would have been to put it at the beginning of TFC, as a sort of transition between The Wall (Film) and TFC. And those who don't like the song could start the album at track 2.

16. I added it to my Apple Music library the other day and I simply removed it, and voila! It's the original track list and it segues perfect.

17. Norco74

Perhaps but it won’t be the first time this forum is afflicted by a collective hearing hallucination hence asking. :D

The Gomper and c-eling like this.
  18. c-eling

:laugh:
    Quite true!
    I'm beginning to think it may be these modern converter's i'm having issues with. Some remastering's, even with good dynamic range I haven't cared for. Some sound too analytical (too good) or sterile, like the soul was removed. Tough to explain. I noticed it with the Division Bell remaster, 24 bit and the vinyl.

19. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Pulling the trigger on Division Bell 2016 reissue vinyl soon.

Rekkerds, tinnox and black sheriff like this.
  20. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I've got the 2014 Division Bell on vinyl and it sounds great. I do like it quite a bit better than the 1994 CD.
    Just a shame no lyrics included.

21. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Definitely try find a DSOTM 30th before they dry up imo...

jgrillo and Bill Mac like this.
  22. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thanks!

23. Norco74

100% in agreement with this suggestion.

richbdd01 likes this.
  24. Tiago Fernandes

Tiago Fernandes Forum Resident

Actually, what the hell happened with this? I was biting my time and waiting for boxing day to get this, then around November 30th I can't find this on stock anywhere. Locally or at Amazon. :confused:

25. c-eling

2003 is the 30th.

Tiago Fernandes likes this.