New Proac Tablette 10 - same size as LS3/5a

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ls35a, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Depends what you are looking for Art, tonally not as good as P3..... if you FUN then you have hit a home run with the FAB 10!:)

2. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Did you have the 40th Anniversary P3’s? There is a substantial difference between them and the standard version.

Andy Saunders likes this.
  3. Andy Saunders

Is there?

4. Art K

Yes. I’ve owned both.

5. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident Thread Starter

Internally, the main changes are to the capacitors used in the crossover and the wiring. Does all this make the Anniversary edition sound better? Actually, I found the differences to be subtle but audible. A little more punch perhaps, in fact just a little more of everything the P3ESR does so well already. Speed, musicality, the soundstage and clarity are all perceptibly improved in the Anniversary edition. In either guise the P3ESR is a brilliant communicator. If the limited edition 40th Anniversary version is sold out by the time you decide to buy, you will not be disappointed with the standard version.

Harbeth P3ESR 40th Anniversary | The Ear

6. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

I recently compared the Sig 10's to the standard P3ESR - Good news for LS3/5a fans! (Falcon now imported by MoFi.)*

The P3's were much better in my view, but the 10's were in way too large a room so the intimacy they should provide just wasn't there. The P3's sounded awesome, but I think the amp they were driven with wasn't a good match (PrimaLuna Evo 400). They were superb until they were asked to play some rock music.

Still considering moving to the P3 but I think I will probably stick with my PMC's, and perhaps move to a tube amp if I want a bit more tone, body, and halographic imaging. We'll see though, will do a bit more listening and then decide.

Art K likes this.
  7. Art K

I own the 40th anniversary model. I used to own the standard version.

8. Andy Saunders

Could you describe the differences an did you feel they were worth while?:)

9. Art K

The 40th Anniversary P3’s are clearer in the midrange and more articulate. Bass is also improved as bass lines are easier to follow and punchier without any kind of hump. Delightful speakers.

10. Art K

Yesterday I received my Tablette 10’s from Nile Garritson. Thank you, Nile. They have a lovely mahogany finish and are in great shape. On first blush I can say that I really like them. Very different than my Harbeth’s but no less enjoyable. Good fun to be had.

Ulises and timind like this.
  11. Andy Saunders

Good show, let them break in and there is even more fun to be had.:goodie:

12. Andy Saunders

@Art K do keep us posted on the Tab 10's.:)

13. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

The price!

14. Peter Beckman

Peter Beckman New Member

Going to be building a new home next spring. My goal is music first, wife wants it also for home theater. The surround and Atmos speakers will be in the ceiling (yes, I realize this is a far from ideal sonically). My plan is a Totem set-up. Totem does make in-ceiling speakers to complete a system. I've thought a pair of ProAc Tablette 10's with a pair of REL subs would be another option. However, it does not appear ProAc does any in-ceiling speakers. Has anyone heard if any other brand of in-ceiling speakers that would timbre-match decently with the Tab 10's? Thanks!

15. Itsik

Itsik Forum Resident

Looking for a small speaker to pair with a 300B SET amp in a small bedroom and the Tablette 10 may fit the bill.
    Read through this read and didn't find much information regarding the differences between the signature and non-signature.
    Not sure if the 300B amp pairing would play into the choice of one over the other.

Echoes Myron and Andy Saunders like this.
  16. Andy Saunders

Supposed to subtle from various reports- however the vanilla 10 is revealing..... good luck, oh and the Tab 10 is pretty easy to drive.:)

Echoes Myron likes this.
  17. Art K

A month and half in to having the Tab 10's and I'm really enjoying them. I finally got the placement I want and am finding them to be very engaging and truthful. I can't see letting these go.

18. Omnio

Omnio _ _ _ ____ ____ _ _ _

Can't wait to hear a side-by-side comparison with your P3ESR speakers!

cut-out and Echoes Myron like this.
  19. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

20. Art K

After extensive comparisons with my Harbeth P3’s I’ve decided to let the Tab 10’s go. I traded out my 40th Anniversary P3’s a while back and like the standard version quite a bit better. I really loved the Tab 10’s but in the end I can only keep one pair and to my ears the P3’s did more things right and for more music. They win.

basie-fan, Bob_in_OKC, Ulises and 2 others like this.
  21. William Bryant

William Bryant Forum Resident

I bought standard P3’s a few weeks ago. Never had a chance to hear the anniversary model. Many choose the anniversary over the standard but not you. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Art K and Echoes Myron like this.
  22. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

Actually if you go to the ZERO Fidelity YOUTUBE page most prefer the standard over the Anniversary edition for the P3 model.

Art K and Ivand like this.
  23. Art K

His thoughts pretty much mirror mine. The difference being that I do have a clear preference for the standard version. They just sound beautiful. My guess is that the new XD versions of Harbeth speakers will take the brand further down the road to a contemporary (read as bright) sound. I hope they keep the standard versions available. I have a story that I will share someday about Harbeth and how they and their U.S. distributor tried to pull the wool over our eyes. That was some years back. Let’s just say that Walter and Alan weren’t happy that I got to the bottom of it.

timind likes this.
  24. Art K

Well my Tab 10’a have not sold yet so I put them back in to the system. This time I was too lazy to replace the stock jumpers with my aftermarket jumpers and I’ll be if they don’t sound better to my ears. More coherent and faster. I had a bunch of fun listening to them last night. Do I prefer them to my Harbeth’s, no. But they make a very good case for themselves. Outstanding speaker.

25. Andy Saunders

'Fun' is what this speaker is all about!:pineapple:

Also they are revealing and do respond well to upgrades. ( As l have just found out.)

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.