New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. George P

George P Notable Member

And we are appreciative of you Shane!

I've actually bought every single SACD you have released so far and plan to continue to buy all future SACD releases.

Juggsnelson and IR Shane like this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

WOW. THANKS! Now let's clone you!

3. George P

George P Notable Member

:laugh:

Not to brag but I had a boss at a job I had while I was in College who said those exact words to me (for different reasons) one day.

IR Shane likes this.
  4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

We all wish that for the best people!

George P likes this.
  5. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I've bought almost all the SACDs too (Gene & Billy were just delivered) including pre-ordering FBB and Armatrading.
    Held back on the Matthew Sweets, need to listen to the CDs (haven't played them in many years) to make sure I like the music enough to buy it again

6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

snkcube, Dan C, funknik and 19 others like this.
  7. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

I can only speak for myself, but I don't even need an SACD layer. Just an improvement over whatever redbook version is currently out there and I'm sold.

ggjjr, bmoregnr and IR Shane like this.
  8. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

If any of you SACD fans haven't picked up the Gilded Palace of Sin disc yet....get on the stick! It sounds incredible.

snkcube, WyattAARP, art and 4 others like this.
  9. DPM

DPM Senior Member

The order I placed with Intervention during the Black Friday sale arrived yesterday. I have to commend Shane on the excellent packing as both LPs (Joe Jackson and Everclear) and SACD (Matthew Sweet) arrived in perfect condition. A big thumbs up here. :righton:

Kyhl, IR Shane and AlienRendel like this.
  10. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Out of stock on the IR website. I am awaiting the reprint so I can buy direct.

AlienRendel likes this.
  11. Alexandre

Alexandre Senior Member

Me too!

Cloning 2 at a time will be easier and faster.:laugh:

IR Shane and George P like this.
  12. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

Yes it does!

13. George P

George P Notable Member

Thirded! :agree:

IR Shane, JeffreyB and AlienRendel like this.
  14. Bods1968

Bods1968 Forum Resident

Good evening Shane,
    Another request. Not sure how you feel about them, but how about some early Bee Gees - 1st, Trafalgar, etc.
    Cheers

art, JeffMo, joeym3 and 3 others like this.
  15. I think the thing is that IR is a relatively new label entering SACD releases and potential SACD buyers may not even know you've put out some incredible SACDs already of acts like Gene Clark, Stealers Wheel and Flying Burrito Bros. A little publicity for them is never a bad thing. Get someone like Michael Fremer to review them.

I've also noticed IR has no eBay presence - keeping a few releases on eBay with its global platform acts as free advertising. Mark them up if you like on eBay to account for their take. It's what Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds does with their SACDs on eBay. You need a presence on eBay and possibly Discogs, even if you don't plan to sell much through those channels. Most of the remaining audiophile buyers still use those platforms in their purchases. SACD auctions often end up as brutal bidding wars.

DeRosa, jhm, AlienRendel and 3 others like this.
  16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

WOW. I LOVE this.

granata, art, PhantomStranger and 3 others like this.
  17. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

This is super interesting. I don't get many requests for SACD reviews and while Michael has been great with the LP reviews he's never asked for SACDs.

I've been thinking about Ebay for some time. Not a bad idea. Got held up because there are iffy reports on how Shopify's plug-in works with that. The reviews seem split saying it either works super easy and is the best thing since sliced bread or they say it's horrible, doesn't work and Shopify and Ebay blame each other and no one fixes it. It's just a time suck, but I'll figure it out.

I set up a Discogs store last year and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NOTHING. I don't think people go there for new reissues.

I am in the process of setting up a Reverb LP Shop. Have you all seen this platform?

SoundDoctor and Juggsnelson like this.
  18. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

I've seen the Reverb platform and seems easy to use. ANY extra platforms and/or sites will be more eyeballs on your product and hopefully get you some gain some extra traction in the crowed marketplace!

SoundDoctor, Juggsnelson and IR Shane like this.
  19. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

I think Main Course would sell much better.

No real good sounding version exists that I know of.

jy3iix, ChrisScooter1, Dom W and 3 others like this.
  20. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I just received my shipment of LP's from Cyber Monday and the packaging was first rate. I have already ordered all of the SACD's, but this was my first foray into Interventions vinyl. Very impressed! Beautiful jackets and high quality pressings. I've only just played Judee Sill and it sounds unbelievably great! Keep it up Shane! @Bods1968 had a great suggestion with the Bee Gees. The reissue campaign from Rhino stopped at Odessa. Plenty of great records after that!

granata, IR Shane and JeffMo like this.
  21. Bods1968

Bods1968 Forum Resident

Good morning Shane,
    Another suggestion if I may. With regards to all the requests we have sent to you, what about doing a poll on this website (not sure if Steve and the monitors will allow this) or your website, regarding what people would buy and it what format. Not exactly a sure thing for you purchase wise but at least you would get a better idea. Also with regards to the Bee Gees request, can anyone confirm the number of albums that were sold or pressed by Rhino. Also I'm assuming since it was Rhino, Chris Bellman did a fine job however, I think a Matthew Sweet "treatment" with additional and unreleased songs in a beautiful package that Intervention ( and a select few) does would go over well. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit this but I only recently discovered pre disco Bee Gees in the last 2-3 yrs so I completely missed boat. I do enjoy their early material with their incredible and timeless harmonies. I have been on a You tube Bee Gees binge for the last couple of weeks and recently purchased their recent Greatest Hits package which I don't think really do them justice.
    Thanks again Shane to you and your crew for all of the terrific work.
    PS. For me Intervention Records is my #1 record company in terms of overall quality and music selection. All the best to you, your family and the Intervention Team in 2019.
    Cheers

22. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

Then you might want to think about reissuing this on SACD first:
    [​IMG]

FashionBoy, hamicle, azideam and 4 others like this.
  23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANK YOU!!!!!

SoundDoctor likes this.
  24. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

The Bee Gees 1st, please.

25. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Two beautiful sounding albums from the 1970’s, that have not gotten proper masterings and would be wonderful as SACD’s are “Mother Lode” by Loggins and Messina and “Bish” by Stephen Bishop. The musicianship, arrangements, and production are immaculate.

MartyTem and bajaed like this.