New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

I've just placed my first order with Intervention Records, that of Matthew Sweet's iconic trilogy, Girlfriend / Altered Beast / 100% Fun, of the SACD variants.
    I'm looking forward to their arrival.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. azideam

azideam Forum Resident

Shane, Fremer is not a fan of digital, so you wouldn't. But there are other reviewers there who I'm sure would love to hear these SACD remasters.

IR Shane and SoundDoctor like this.
  3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

You should be! 100 percent Fun sounds amazing!

4. Alexandre

Alexandre Senior Member

I think @SoundDoctor is one of them/the other one.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  5. Dai

Dai Note to self: listen to Clifford Brown more often

I think I'd pay 50 quid just for Please Be With Me.

allbrosca and Graham like this.
  6. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

@IR Shane: Michael doesn’t want me to review too much digital, but I’d be up for reviewing the LPs if Michael got too busy with other reviews. I have “100% Fun” on CD - just need to find it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    IR Shane likes this.
  7. It's actually my favorite Church album. I have a weakness for terrific psychedelia.

jimhb, AlienRendel and googlymoogly like this.
  8. I'm there.

No Blue Skies, Graham and Dai like this.
  9. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

'tis a shame that the first three Joe Jackson album are a available on vinyl only.
    If they available on SACD, I'd be on it.
    In fact, if Mr. Jackson's first five studio albums (Look Sharp!, I'm the Man, Beat Crazy, Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive and Night and Day) were SACD'd, I'd be in.
    That is a truly remarkable collection of albums covering a mere four-year period!

art, wayneklein and George P like this.
  10. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Yet he owns a very expensive digital set up. I doubt he has time to review anything other than some selected vinyl. A lot less than he did in the past. He is more into home video making these days (shows and pressing plant visits).

IR Shane likes this.
  11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

We are running a little holiday sale! 25% off on in-stock SACDs and 20 on in-stock LPs. Gilded Palace will be back in tomorrow!

Note that the SACD code is missing an "E." Code is Goodbye2018SACD

email : Webview : Goodbye 2018, Hello SALE!

12. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Nice...as much as I'd always like to buy direct from you with shipping it's a heavy lift however with the 25% it will basically cover the shipping (2 SACDs are $15 shipping as per your site) which is exactly what 25% off two $30 SACS comes out to...so I'll definitely be grabbing the Stealers Wheel and Burritos (tomorrow when in stock) directly from you.

bluesfan likes this.
  13. Dai

And if it helps the case to get Cowboy's '5'll Getcha Ten' on IR, I'd pay £50 just for Duane Allman's slide guitar on Please Be With Me... but the whole album would be better...

allbrosca likes this.
  14. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

That Malachi kid who is writing for him these days may be interested. He reviewed and heaped high praise on the recent Axis Bold As Love SACD.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  15. Dai

Nigel Lived and Stealers package ordered Sunday... mailed Sunday (thanks), arrived at Heathrow this morning... high hopes of receiving tomorrow. Then, just now, tracking says held at Customs (Coventry! WTF!), so still be a few days yet, I suspose.

16. Dai

Nigel Lived... part of the rationale for buying this was Murray Head singing Judas on the original LP of Jesus Christ Superstar... love that LP... Ian Gillan as Jesus... a possible IR release @IR Shane ?

jimhb and marka like this.
  17. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

That deal on Ferguslie Park is insane. The one I ordered along with Judee Sills' Heart Food was only like $12 or something.

18. SoundDoctor

Like I said, Michael doesn't want me doing too many reviews of digital releases for AnalogPlanet. After all, "analog" is in our name. Plus, I'm kinda slammed with reviews right now. More on the way!

19. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Wait a second.....you ARE "That Malachi Kid??" :)

20. SoundDoctor

Yes. See my profile for more info.

Tommyboy and johnny q like this.
  21. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Actually, it was $14.40 for anyone interested in grabbing one before they go OOP.

22. Jthomp81

Jthomp81 Forum Resident

Shane, I just wanted to write to say how much I've appreciated IR's releases this year. Intervention has quickly become my favorite reissue label. You've introduced me to so much great music- Judee Sill, Nigel Lived, White Light, and created definitive versions of some of my old favorites like 100% Fun and Flying Burrito Brothers. I've really enjoyed rediscovering Matthew Sweet this year and look forward to all the new releases in 2019! I've never listened to Joan Armatrading but look forward to another new discovery.

Of course there are many albums that I'd love to see get the Intervention treatment. Talk Talk's Laughing Stock would be amazing. Also, fingers crossed for Gerry Rafferty - City to City. The DCC gold cd is impossible to find at an affordable price.

What about The Iceman Cometh by Jerry Butler? A great 60s soul album that needs a good reissue. I'd also love to see Nashville Moon by Magnolia Electric Co, a very good sounding recording produced by Steve Albini. It was originally released only on cd in the now very expensive Sojourner box. So it never had a vinyl release.

Jacob

longdist01 and googlymoogly like this.
  23. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I just ordered the Joe Jackson double LP for only $36 using the sale code Goodbye2018. What a great deal!

bajaed likes this.
  24. moonshiner

moonshiner Forum Resident

25. George P

George P Notable Member

It was suggested and Shane declined.