New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

I was thinking more of "I have a relationship with my LP". I hadn't thought to take it into the "Be My Girl Sally" territory :hide:.

2. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Would it?

jhm likes this.
  3. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

It's the LP i want :)

4. Amazon has February 15th listed. Presumably IR would have it before that date.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  5. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I received a pre-ordered copy of the "Burrito Deluxe" LP the same day as "Girlfriend".

IR Shane likes this.
  6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Girlfriend if and when I get enough LPs to send.

Now, reason I hate Amazon with all of my black heart #6,751: they've had their own listing on Burrito Deluxe put up before mine. Mine has to slave to theirs, and they used a completely BS on-sale date of Feb 8, and won't sell the album even they've had it fully checked in for weeks. I opened a ticket 5 full business days ago and sent them links to my website and they still haven't lit it up. Costing me money every single day.

Amazon is SATAN.

7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

That's a completely BS made up date by someone at Amazon who won't change it. They're crooks. Street date was 1/11. It's for sale everywhere but there. Screw them.

8. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Just got thru listening to Burrito Deluxe. I'm really, really impressed with the LP jacket in particular, the foil lettering just floats off the cover.
    If you all like the Flying Burrito Bros, you gotta check this one out. Think I will proceed to replay this again right now. :cheers:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  9. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

@IR Shane, are you at any liberty right now to say why the SACDs have been delayed, or is that still unknown/confidential? I recall you saying at one point that the super jewel boxes were out of stock for an extended period but that's all I remember. Is it possible to elaborate at this stage?

art likes this.
  10. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

No chance in hell I would order from them if I was living in the US, maybe I can find a friend to share shipping costs and order from another source.

IR Shane likes this.
  11. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I finally cleaned and listened to my Joe Jackson Summer in the City LP set. I've never heard this show before, so it was all new to me.

Shane wasn't blowing smoke -- this is a killer recording. I enjoyed it thoroughly - a combination of great JJ songs mixed with interesting covers. Great sound overall and not a single pop or click on the whole 4 sides. A fantastic pressing all around. Very happy to see Shane release this, am REALLY looking forward to Beat Crazy, and boy do I wish Intervention would do The Joe Jackson Band's Volume 4 if the mix itself doesn't include all the compression.

IR Shane, dobyblue, Geee! and 2 others like this.
  12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Man, idk, I LOVE Amazon. Fast service and such :thumbsup:

13. A little harsh on Mr. Bezos. Were you referring to the SACD, as the op replied to me and I was asking about that format.

14. +1

Dennis Metz likes this.
  15. Not surprised. I stopped buying from them for your releases, Mofi and Analogue Productions. They also charge the most. It's like their trying to discourage business.

Mike6565, IR Shane and Juggsnelson like this.
  16. Will be nice to hear the long anticipated SACD. Hopefully soon.

George P likes this.
  17. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

A little off topic, but since you mentioned Joe....
    Anyone see him on Fallon last night?
    The song was a bit odd but I liked it, and a great album cover too.
    But is it just me or has he had major plastic surgery ?

18. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

Fingers still crossed for the Starfish reissue. The Church are back in the states this spring on the 30th anniversary tour.

I really would love to hear this record done correctly. The CD does sound good, but I believe Shane’s reissue will be a delight to hear. It’s a very well recorded and performed album!

19. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Just a semi-regular request for the soundtrack to Amelie by Yann Tiersen. An absolutely beautiful score with no vinyl release.

Just read the comments: Yann Tiersen - Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amélie Poulain

There are few labels I would trust to do this right and Intervention is one that I have 100% faith in. Please consider it before someone like Mondo gets their hands on it.

Juggsnelson, ellingtonic and Echo like this.
  20. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I did not see him on Fallon, but as for plastic surgery, it ain't just you. I won't opine here on decisions he's made on his personal appearance, but from only hearing Rain and Fast Forward out of his more recent albums so far, I'd say that Joe remains musically relevant today and still has something to say.

21. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Are they doing Starfish by the Church? :pineapple:

I had the Music on Vinyl version but wasn’t overwhelmed by the sound quality and I have found it difficult to pick up an original that isn’t noisy.

22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I can't understand why folks constantly quote Amazon on release dates as though it's information. It's actually misinformation more often than not.

IR Shane likes this.
  23. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Spinning my Burrito Deluxe now. Never had this on vinyl but it sounds terrific so far. Not as good as the Gene Clark but that's probably due to the recording. The packaging is A+.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

My understanding is that the remaster and plates have been completed, but the future of the IR release is uncertain, but promising. Man I REALLY hope this happens. In for two vinyl copies and definitely an SACD if that happens. Hell I’d buy files if that were an option. Hopefully Shane has some good news for us at some point soon.

25. I'm not sure if this is up IR's alley or not. Steve Hoffman admitted in another forum thread he's already mastered Spirit's Clear on SACD and it's been archived, waiting for release by someone. It was originally planned by Audio Fidelity before that label folded. Audio Fidelity got two Spirit albums out the door on SACD before AF's end.

Spirit SACD's coming from Audio Fidelity, SH Mastered?

Kyhl and Dok like this.