New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I’m sorry to hear about the cancellation but am sympathetic. I’d throw my two cents in that I tend to never do preorders by nature but then I didn’t know doing so would help make the business model work. I would have definitely bought these so I say all this to say maybe having a discussion about how to make this work with SACD fans would, or more accurately could, be helpful.

I’m not trying to get you to rethink this decision as much as trying to help future ones. If the FBBros gets sunk I’m going to be crestfallen so as long as I can get a refund (given I’ve bought all the IR SACDs already and I don’t do vinyl) I’ll start preordering now and am committed to buying directly even if I have preferred card dollars available on Amazon. We got to stick together in this big bad modern world. Thanks for the open communication Shane.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    art, funknik, njwiv and 2 others like this.
  2. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

I grabbed the Gene Clark.

3. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

I picked this one up as well as my substitution on the subscription for the cancelled Son of the Altered Beast. I think I am actually more excited for this then I was for “Son of” anyway.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Juggsnelson, IR Shane and lpfreak1170 like this.
  4. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Losing those two Matthew Sweet SACDs hurts.
    And I may be a small part of the problem....I didn’t pre-order.
    I figured support for those would be high so I placed my money on the two titles I thought needed the pre-order money more:
    Burrito Deluxe and Joan Armatrading

I hope they prove to be viable

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

It really does. 80's/90's rock done in audiophile quality on SACD is pretty rare. Was really looking forward to these.

jamesc, jhm, IR Shane and 2 others like this.
  6. Alexandre

Alexandre Senior Member

Sad news.

I have all 6 SACDs released by IR so far and I'll most certainly buy future SACD releases, given IR quality track, in all respects.

7. yardbuzzard

yardbuzzard Forum Resident

I preordered Burrito Deluxe as well ... fingers crossed!

LSP2003, IR Shane and njwiv like this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Hello all- Joan Armatrading on SACD is also cancelled. There were not enough pre-orders. I'm just issuing refunds. There weren't enough orders to do anything else, and my pre-orders at distribution on this were nonexistent.

I still hope to do the LP.

sorry for all this. The bottom line is that anything that is financially questionable is going by the wayside. I want to keep going and do more titles in the future, but I need to be more careful. As people have pointed out, if you're not doing the same old reissues sales are harder to come by than you'd think. There's a reason labels keep doing those!

I wanted to do something different, and that's a harder path.

9. George P

George P Notable Member

@IR Shane - Can you update us on which SACD titles that are still scheduled for release?

Alexandre and Juggsnelson like this.
  10. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just received my refund for the two Sweet and the one Armatrading SACD's and promptly sent it right back as I ordered the Sweet LP's and the Burrito LP. These releases are great. I have ordered them all. Hopefully Shane can find a way to keep bringing us these stellar albums.

11. Juggsnelson

I believe as of right now there are none left that were advertised.

12. George P

George P Notable Member

yardbuzzard and Juggsnelson like this.
  13. Juggsnelson

I just got a cancellation email for Burrito Deluxe SACD. Picked up the LP instead.

14. George P

George P Notable Member

OK, but the Burrrito Deluxe is the only unreleased SACD still listed on the website and Shane has not announced its cancellation in this thread. I love the IR SACD for Gilded Palace of Sin so I am hoping we still get the IR SACD for Burrito Deluxe.

https://www.interventionrecords.com/titles/

yardbuzzard likes this.
  15. swintonlion

swintonlion Forum Resident

Sorry to see the cancelled cds, here in the uk the quality label releases would stand more chances of more sales
    if it was easier to buy with cheaper postage or a uk agent to sell at usa prices without import duty , sad to say the label owners cannot
    have a say on some of these issues, but i wish them well on there ventures in trying to get quality products to use.

GuyS. and SwintonRed like this.
  16. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I haven't gotten a cancellation email for Burrito Deluxe yet.

George P likes this.
  17. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

In that case JA on LP must be a goer as it does sort of fall into same old since there have been 2 audiophile reissues in 37 years. My local supplier was in fact expecting it today but looks like a considerable delay is on the cards?

18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Not a shock and my "preorders" are cleared. Looks like preordering elsewhere (Ebay, Music Direct etc.) was not the correct strategy.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  19. Claus

Claus Senior Member

That is really bad, but I can understand your situation. It is a tough job keeping alive a boutique label today.

IR Shane likes this.
  20. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I have purchased everything Intervention has released, SACDs included. I'm not happy that SACDs slated to come out have been cancelled. That said, I rarely pre-order anything where I have to pay up front, months in advance..Sorry.

I planned on ordering all the Intervention SACDs nearer to the release date directly from Intervention.

chaz, noname74 and George P like this.
  21. art

art Senior Member

Such a bummer. That was a perfect idea for a reissue.

22. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

I'm sure it wouldn't fly for a lot of reasons, but it would be a dream to see IR farm out the SACD side to Dutton Vocalion or some other SACD-leaning entity. I'm not in the vinyl market, so it's SACD or naught for me. And I'd pay more for the premium.

23. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Very true, you have to have deep pockets in this business and don't want titles sitting on the shelf unsold.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. Alexandre

Alexandre Senior Member

Thank you very much for trying. Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to release 6 great SACDs, especially the Gene Clark SACD - IR crown jewel and highest achievement. An all-time landmark in SACD releases worlwide.

Dok, Tullman, art and 5 others like this.
  25. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I think that is the end of SACDs from IR......

funknik likes this.