New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Paul Altemus

Paul Altemus Active Member

My apologies. I did not intend to be a dick. Peace and love.

2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Pssst. There WILL be another sale this week to coincide with Record Store Day. Details will push out via email later this week.

However, in addition to the % discount sale later this week, I've put some titles up with sale pricing already. Help me clear it out, and get it early!

There are some cheap-ass SACDs here, and pretty pretty please, try Murray Head's Nigel Lived. $14.99 for a double-45 set with this great sound and music, you will NOT be disappointed!!

https://www.interventionrecords.com/artists/sale/

snkcube, Dmann201, Defrance and 9 others like this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I see the requests for more updates from me and I'm so appreciative of the people here! So many of you care and have been so supportive and kind, and I am so touched by that.

For the next few months I am going to be moving inventory, paying bills and trying to plan for the future. I wish I had a clearer picture, but I won't until around July.

The next few months and early summer will tell the story.

I'm more optimistic than I was a month ago, but I am still cautiously optimistic. The support and interaction here are amazing and the things that make me want most to keep going.

Getting that shout out from Michael Fremer and placing 5 LPs in the Top 100 was unexpected and totally blew my mind. It hasn't even been 4 years from my first release, and if I'd gotten Moree cautious a couple years ago I'd be in better shape today.

But I'm still working at it and I don't want to give it up. I will keep moving forward and will keep trying. but it will be a while before I look at doing anything new.

THANK YOU!

4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

BTW, Mikey's story is so true. I visited him years ago, and he asked what I was listening to. And I had Gene Clark's White Light on my phone and had just been paying it til the cows come home. He played me his original A&M and that record went into my data bank of "have to reissue that when I get my label going." And I eventually did!

5. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

That is a steal for any music fan! I second the try Nigel Lived album. One of my favorite albums thanks to Shane.
    Thank you Shane :edthumbs:

6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

It is NUTS how cheaply these are being offered. How are any of these titles -- with definitively great sound and high-quality sleeves/artwork -- left at these low prices? :shrug:

IR Shane and PhantomStranger like this.
  7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I think that sums up why making even a slim profit in this business is almost impossible.

IR Shane likes this.
  8. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Will there really be a re-pressing of Gilded Palace Of Sin SACD?

"OUT OF STOCK AWAITING NEW REPLICATION RUN" -- I guess they ran out of this poor-selling SACD .

9. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

For those of you who have Don't Say No by Billy Squier: Does it sound less headachey than the standard CD? It's a really midrangey album with lots of "arena" reverb. I'm wondering if any of that is tamed on the Intervention release. I kind of doubt it as they are not remixing but...?

10. George P

George P Notable Member

Absolutely!

IR Shane and DPM like this.
  11. Leigh

Really... so they eq'ed it a bit perhaps? Does it have any bass? Any additional descriptions of how this version improves upon the original would be most appreciated.

12. George P

George P Notable Member

I no longer own the original, but I can tell you this, if Kevin Gray can't get it to sound good, no one can. (Kevin Gray mastered the IR SACD.)

IR Shane and Clonesteak like this.
  13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yes it does.

You might take a look at this thread which is specifically about that release (though vinyl and SACD) for more specific comments.

IR Shane likes this.
  14. DPM

DPM Senior Member

The SACD has a much more full-bodied sound now, thanks to Kevin Gray. It's the best this album has ever sounded. It easily blows away the original vinyl.

IR Shane and GentleSenator like this.
  15. Leigh

Thanks for the feedback. I just finished reading the thread @agentalbert referenced above. I just pulled the trigger on the vinyl. It'll be jr high all over again :)

IR Shane, Sci-Fi Kid and George P like this.
  16. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

I only have one request for Intervention Records and that is to put Marshall Crenshaw's "Field Day" on a SACD w/the US Remix.

Mooserfan and George P like this.
  17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Have you read through this thread?

marcb, Geee! and Tullman like this.
  18. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

Sort of. I looked on the website and the title is only available on vinyl.

19. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

It's a GO for Gene Clark on SACD. If it's as good as the reviewers say...

20. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Wow. That is tragically low on the Murray Head LP. I paid full price for mine and never regretted it for a minute. Probably worth twice what I paid.

Joti Cover, IR Shane, funknik and 2 others like this.
  21. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

If I were you I’d think about buying a table to add to your system. Then you have flexibility. That’s what I did around 2004 and now I only buy vinyl. Yes, I have a good SACD player.

IR Shane and mtruslow like this.
  22. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

The reason you were asked whether or not you read this thread is because Intervention is pretty much "on hold" at the moment. While Shawn just updated us on the status of IR today, there really is no word as to whether or not he will continue releasing vinyl or SACD. Also, Shawn has stated that SACD sales were very, very low compared to vinyl, and that his main interest is releasing vinyl.

The state of the industry is that reissues are very difficult for independent labels. The majors, who own the rights to these titles, have been reticent to license anything.

IR Shane likes this.
  23. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

I love the Stealers Wheel albums. Have the SACD of the first one, second on vinyl. Both excellent.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Thanks Shane I just got the 70's classics package with FBB's and Gene Clark also threw in Erasure Wonderland for that price.

The only album I owned from you before was the Matthew Sweet Girlfriend and it is the most impressive thing I have bought this year.

IR Shane, c-eling and funknik like this.
  25. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

So true! I paid $28 and am happy to have it.

Joti Cover, IR Shane and George P like this.