New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Oh, wow! That’s crazy...how the devil did FedEx decide to ship an entire pallet to Salina? I thought @IR Shane shipped mostly through the USPS (all my packages from him have come via that route, IIRC).

IR Shane likes this.
  2. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Who ever pressed up this release chose to ship it FedEx Freight. It probably ended up in Salina when someone in shipping didn't bother to remove an old shipping label. I used to work for FedEx and you'd be surprised how something like this or using the wrong zip code can really mess things up.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  3. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

Thank you for the notice. I don't follow anyone on FB, so I never would've seen the note.
    Yes, I pre-ordered The Gilded Palace of Sin and two others items.
    IR sent email on May 19 it was shipping.
    I've got patience. Thanks @Blue Cactus

IR Shane and Blue Cactus like this.
  4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

unfortunate to hear this....I have a colleague who has to daily peel labels off of empty "shipping sacks" from UPS because they are not invested in doing it in their warehouses.

It's frustrating, sorry to hear this for Shane.

Blue Cactus likes this.
  5. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Oh, I misunderstood - I thought the pallet was for a bunch of packages going out to individual buyers, not a pallet destined for IR themselves.

IR Shane likes this.
  6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Thanks for posting the pictures. That’s a nice big room and stereo.

IR Shane likes this.
  7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I love the room too, a detached garage ideal for this. I will take a photo from outside. It looks like it's still a garage! We blacked out the windows and screwed down the doors and then built a wall right behind it.

I also love all the Lebowskis and Dio art. Makes me smile every day!

I've had Vandersteen since early 2000s- 3A Signatures, 5As, Sevens then Seven MK II and the whole System NINE. For me, it prioritizes the things that matter most to me- deep but controlled (EQ'd) bass, vanishingly low distortion and lifelike 3D imaging. I lose myself every night!

PhantomStranger, Craig and PoeRaider like this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Tough get. But I LOVE those albums!

slop101 and Clonesteak like this.
  9. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yeah, the truth isn't always the best marketing.

10. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Now I have to check this out!!! Thanks guys!!!

Geee! and IR Shane like this.
  11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

It should have gotten there yesterday. I got all the pre-orders to USPS by closing time at 2:30pm PST.

Cherrycherry and Blue Cactus like this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Is your tracking live now? I thought I got every pre-order out to the Post Office yesterday.

13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Just for grins, here's the deeper dive just because this is CRAZY.

Yeah, this was the craziest sh$% ever. Fed Ex sets up delivery appts when freight gets to Oregon. It comes into Tacoma the next morning and gets loaded same morning to get to me in Gig Harbor. They've never set a delivery appt and not delivered.

So, as I said, I printed all the orders and shipping labels and got ready pack and ship. Then it disappeared for three days.

The third day I was resigned that Fed Ex lost the whole thing and my rep gave me claim forms. Two hours later, my bros at Acoustic Sounds email me with pictures saying, "Hey, we got all your Gilded Palace SACDs, can we take our order and send the rest to you?"

I laughed like hell. The outer label had all my info on it, and oddly, a completely different PRO/tracking number. My biggest question is about the tracking number I watched, and yet was NEVER on my palette. I watched it move from Memphis, to Arizona, to Oregon. What was I tracking??

Anyway, I hate the delay. But I'm glad it wasn't lost and glad I didn't have to go through the insurance BS.

The discs are here and shipping!

ellingtonic, Craig, Dok and 8 others like this.
  14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

PS- Body and Soul ain't far behind!

And 100% Fun LP and Joan Armatrading are on the way from RTI soon, and Gilded Palace is about to return to LP!

The next few months are going to kick ass around here!

15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Is this Guy Clark?

How cow what a record. I have an LP coming to me from Europe.

Subvet, canada_toque, Geee! and 3 others like this.
  16. Clonesteak

I have started watching "What We Do In The Shadows" show off of Hulu and instantly loved the music on the intro and had to inquire who it was. Norma Tanega was the artist that did the song called "You're Dead" back in 1966. Released on an album named "Walkin' My Cat Named Dog" and the prices are insane and looks hard to come by. I therefore have to recommend IR give the treatment to Norma Tanega. If you haven't listened to her I highly recommend. I also second the Guy Clark "Old No. 1" album.

17. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

:goodie:

IR Shane likes this.
  18. Clonesteak

Yes, Guy Clark. The only Guy Clark record I have is his "The Best of the Dualtone Years" and I really love it. I guess I will have to check that album out too. Thanks :righton:

19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Unreal!

My friends and I were watching WWDSTS last night and we listened to the song every time it was on!

20. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

So ok, Casey James sent me his Audio Art LAGWAFIS, and OMG listening to this on my big rig (not headphones) this album BLEW MY MIND!

I'm transformed. An amazing, dense symphony of sound and lyrics.

How can I get in touch with J Spaceman?

No promises, these things are a winding road. But I'm interested.

I'm also after an Audio Arts pressing if anyone comes across one.

PBo, NorthNY Mark, jamesc and 15 others like this.
  21. Clonesteak

I thought it was a new song written and performed just for the show. That song does not sound dated and sounds fresh. The song fits perfectly for that show.
    I need to trim my bushes in my yard like the ones Laszlo did in the one episode. Also the actor that plays Laszlo, Matt Berry plays a part (the boss on later episodes) on the show IT Crowd. Highly recommended show.

aseriesofsneaks and IR Shane like this.
  22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

If you do your bushes like Laszlo I not only want a pic of that, I want a pic of your Mom's face when she comes over and sees what you'd done!

Clonesteak likes this.
  23. Clonesteak

I don't think I have the artist in me to pull that off. If I happen to do some landscaping you will be the first to see a picture.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

OH HERE WE GO!!!!

25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That album was reissued on vinyl just last year by Real Gone (US). That probably sopped up a lot of the demand for a reissue. Yeah, it's sold out, and yeah, you could sell some copies. But I'd proceed with caution.

Norma Tanega Walkin' My Cat Named Dog LP

Clonesteak and IR Shane like this.