New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MarshallMan

MarshallMan Forum Resident

Listening to the Body and Soul SACD now and it sounds great. Well done!

2. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

Joe Jackson “Body and Soul” SACD from Intervention Records

Holy cow! This arrived a few days early (certainly NOT complaining) and... s#%t. I have the original promo A+M vinyl and this blows it away. Listening to Loisaida right now and losing my mind over the sound. Seriously. Shane... thank you! I will def get the vinyl when it’s available. I even found a pristine “Porky” pressing of “The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway” today. This takes the cake!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    IR Shane, JDeanB, jhm and 5 others like this.
  3. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Fixed the link for you. :)

[​IMG]

Lasting Spaces, IR Shane, jhm and 6 others like this.
  4. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

Thank you so much!! The picture thing on here used to be so much easier!!

IR Shane, Dennis Metz and Juggsnelson like this.
  5. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

I am entirely tempted to pick up the Body & Soul SACD but I do not yet own any other SACDs or an SACD player and I'm worried about starting yet another media collection...

IR Shane and Juggsnelson like this.
  6. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

You can just treat it as a well-mastered CD. It will play in any CD player, and the mastering by Kevin Gray is probably the bigger selling point than the extra resolution of the SACD layer.

IR Shane, jamesc, tmtomh and 5 others like this.
  7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Body & Soul (2 copies) arrived today. THANK YOU!

As expected, this is an excellent listen. Texted my buddy who the second copy is for right away. Need to get it to him.

Another friend ordered the Murray Head LP on my recommendation and hopefully he has ordered the Joe Jackson bundle preorder by now. Just spreading the good word as best I can!

IR Shane, hutlock, Guss2 and 5 others like this.
  8. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

I know the dust is still settling on Body & Soul...but what's the next SACD on tap? I know what my vote would be...

IR Shane likes this.
  9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Pretty sure Shane mentioned that 'Look Sharp' and 'Night and Day', which KG already Remastered for Vinyl, will be done for SACD(thought he said by this Fall, but not positive).

IR Shane and JDeanB like this.
  10. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

Shane told me that Girlfriend was next on SACD, but to be fair, it was in a dream I had the other day.

Mick Jones, IR Shane, hutlock and 6 others like this.
  11. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

I need to hear that directly from the horse's mouth.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

You can ask them for store credit instead of the John Mayer LP, if the swap date has passed.

bloodlemons and AlienRendel like this.
  13. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Check the Joe Jackson Body and Soul CD/SACD(June 2020) IR Thread, as think Shane verified it there. I think there are at least 3 different IR Threads active on this Forum, so it gets confusing, what is said on each Thread. I already told him in a reply at the time that SACDs for 'Look Sharp' and 'Night and Day' are Auto Buys for myself.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    IR Shane, sacdfan and Erick Haight like this.
  14. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

Yes, SACDs for 'Look Sharp' and 'Night and Day' are Auto Buys for myself, too!!
    I hadn't read Shane's post, at least here, until now.
    New Record Label: Intervention Records

IR Shane, art, Dennis Metz and 2 others like this.
  15. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

I've shipped CDs using First Class mail. Often within pennies of Media Mail but faster.
    For vinyl, you need to do Media Mail. First Class isn't an option if a package has the dimensions of a record. (12" on one side) Only other option is Priority which is often 5X more expensive.

16. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

No idea what's going on with Tom's Island catalog, especially the 80s albums through 1992's Bone Machine.... I suspect the rights aren't available. But these records REALLY need to be reissued on audiophile vinyl, especially Rain Dogs. Shane, I'd love it if you can make this happen!

17. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

First class mail becomes more expensive when you add tracking for cds.. Media mail automatically includes tracking. That's when the price difference is noticeable if you add tracking to First Class..

18. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Yeah, but for the band it makes WAY more financial sense to do it this way. VMP has 30,000 active subscriptions. That means they press 30K copies and Spirutualized gets paid for all of those up front. No way could Shane press that many copies at once.

And as with all subscription services, there are good and bad months. A colored version of an easily available Mayer record isn't essential. Neither are the bulk of VMP's "Essential" releases. But they're cheaper licenses to balance out the big ones, like Fiona Apple or the first ever reissue of Gorillaz' Demon Days.

There's a trick for signing up for just one month, I think. Maybe you have to be a previous member. And of course, you can simply buy copies off Discogs after the fact, usually for the same price as a one-month VMP sub. Sometimes sellers try to gouge, but it's not easy when there's 30K copies out there all at once.

19. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Weird. Buying shipping on Amazon seems to include tracking in both cases.

20. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

I guess it's possible but I just know from my experience at the USPS.

21. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Shipping a CD First Class vs Media Mail poses a trivially small price difference - if you use PayPal shipping or a similarly discounted method. If you pay "counter rates" - buying a postage label online from USPS or going to your local Post Office and doing at the counter - then the price difference is significantly greater. I think that is where some of the disagreement and confusion on this topic comes from sometimes.

In particular, there are a surprising number of sellers, including some at places like Discogs who seem to sell in pretty decent volume, who for whatever reason don't or won't use PayPal or Discogs online shipping tools and therefore won't ship First Class because when you do it the manual/retail way you often end up with a $1 or more price premium for First Class, as opposed to something more like a 25-cent price premium with PayPal shipping.

In fact, before the most recent round of USPS price increases, Media Mail and First Class (both with tracking included) for a single CD on PayPal were often identical in price, and never more than (if memory serves) 17 cents different in price.

22. Is this thread still about Intervention Records? (Asking for a friend.)

23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I’m sure Shane loves the discussions about the intricacies of the Vinyl Me Please subscription process. :laugh:

24. Terry

Terry Senior Member

The Joe Jackson Live in NY vinyl is flawless. Please, please bring on Live 1980/86

25. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I got my Body & Soul SACD in the mail this weekend, but I'm just waiting for the right time to put it on. :)

IR Shane, hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.