New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Don't you choose at check out?

2. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

Hmm - that might be right. I typically get from there or Music Direct and I know one of them (both?) allows to either hold or ship when preorder is mixed with in stock.

3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

You guys are gonna love that Joan Armatrading LP. IMO it’s one of the better sounding Intervention releases yet. Great music too.

4. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Got Body and Soul today. Been poking through, and definitely going to put it through the runs!

Little suggestion for future reference: Big World?

5. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

You already have a copy in hand?

6. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

yeah I mean that’s why he posted :)

7. googlymoogly

Well, not necessarily - what I mainly meant was how’d he get it so fast? I’ve been hanging fire for a week, and I live the next state over from IR!

IR Shane likes this.
  8. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I've been going though and cleaning all my records (fun time killer while hanging out at home), and finally got to the end of the "S's", I'm still blown away by just how beautiful the Intervention versions of the Matthew Sweet releases are. Such a super job all the way around. So far they are the only Intervention albums I own, but I do hope there are more in the future that I want to buy. I wish I would have been in a position to pick up the Joe Jackson albums but, well, priorities... Thanks again, Shane for the effort and work put into these albums.

9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Well, you have a 2nd Chance, as Shane mentioned that there will be a Repress for at least 'Look Sharp' and 'Night and Day'(think this Fall). Also, those Albums are getting an SACD release, like was just done for 'Body and Soul'.

10. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Shane,

just finished your interviews with Bes at Music Direct. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your background and passion for Audio is clearly evident. I loved hearing how your inspiration for IR was through Joe and Ron and music matters, and getting to hear more about your philosophy for curating titles. Thank you for sharing!

11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Big World keeps coming up. I'm listening.

12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Might have been the secret stash sale way back when that we're not supposed to talk about in public.

No LPs went out until yesterday.

13. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Joe definitely cared about providing good sound. Then A&M Records was very cooperative with MFSL on releases for a period of time. This just seems like a natural fit.

14. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

Just recently got an account with them and noticed them soliciting Joan (unfortunately there is no love for Joan in my market). I'll have to look through the spreadsheet when I'm ordering next time, been wanting Burritos for the store and Look Sharp as those would be slam dunks in my market. I had looked into it with AEC but the wholesale cost is the same as D2C and the margin is thin

15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Do people in your market take staff recommendations?

As people have mentioned here, once they trusted my taste they tried Murray Head and some of my other titles based on that. I'd make a buy that my local record store (Hi-Voltage Tacoma) made to me.

Trey A, Juggsnelson and bloodlemons like this.
  16. googlymoogly

Aha! I forgot about those PWMNBN (pressings which must not be named).

IR Shane likes this.
  17. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

Rarely but once in awhile, it's pretty gated tastes mostly appealing to affluent yuppies I can sell 5 copies of "Sports" or "Boston" in a week, but even something a little off the beaten path like Sir Douglas Quintet has sat for a year now, it can be pretty frustrating at times. It's expanded a bit just cause of online orders tripling but ebay/amazon fees can eat up a chunk of that profit. It kind of surprises me but audiophile releases are fairly slow selling on average despite an abundance of wealthy collectors and that we sell high end equipment as well. The double 45 Pearl took 2 years and markdowns to move it

Juggsnelson and IR Shane like this.
  18. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Living IR, Listening IR.

I ran Saturday errands in my IR shirt -- a walking billboard, and happily so. Then came home to listen to IR via Joan Armatrading LP that arrived yesterday. Sounds GREAT! :drool:

[​IMG]

19. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I’m definitely jealous and waiting for the SACD

IR Shane, Erick Haight, art and 2 others like this.
  20. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Joan popped up available for us peasant folk that didn’t get in on the preorder. Went ahead and ordered along with burrito deluxe and the Judee sill combo :) thanks Shane!

21. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

The new Joe Jackson SACD is indeed quite good.

IR Shane, njwiv, JeffreyB and 3 others like this.
  22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I"m gonna light that up soon. People are asking me left and right.

jlf, azideam, JeffreyB and 5 others like this.
  23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Thank YOU! Judee is almost out of stock. Good work!

24. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Awesome! The judee combo is kind of a blind purchase but I haven’t been steered wrong yet by IR :righton:

IR Shane, AlienRendel and jamesc like this.
  25. blueandgreen

blueandgreen Well-Known Member

I got my Joan Armatrading yesterday - completely agree that it sounds fantastic

Dennis Metz and IR Shane like this.