New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Thanks for correcting my mistake. :D

IR Shane and tmtomh like this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Welcome!

PdB73 likes this.
  3. greeny400

greeny400 Forum Resident

Just want to say a massive thank you to Shane! Unfortunately, my first copy of the Joan Armatrading self titled came with bashed corners, a seam split and a bit of damage on the record from heavy handed delivery and I messaged Shane to see if anything could be done. He instantly replied and said he would ship another out to me with no extra cost after pulling the record to make sure it was fine. The second copy arrived today with no issues at all and I can’t wait to play it. I am already on board with Intervention Records as the releases are all fantastic, but this makes me an even bigger fan! Shane you rock!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    jlf, Doctorwu, snkcube and 14 others like this.
  4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

The Dude Abides.

5. wallabeing

wallabeing Forum Resident

I have no idea what the licensing would be like, but Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions - Bavarian Fruit Bread could really use a vinyl reissue.

6. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

An interesting album that I like and have but my personal preference would be Mazzy Star She Shines Brightly

hamicle and IR Shane like this.
  7. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

No idea who the Warm Inventions are but the mention of Hope Sandoval got my immediate attention

IR Shane and Juggsnelson like this.
  8. George Cooke

George Cooke Well unknown member

My Joan has finally arrived in the UK after its shuttling between US mail depots.

Very pleased - phenomenal quality.

Tremendous effort made with the gatefold cover - helps with the premium feel that is reminiscent of the extra quality of some of the Japan pressings of records I have.

A delightful record now spinning. Needless to say the sound is just wonderful.

So nice to think others will enjoy discovering this artist through such a high quality product.

Thank you Intervention Records. @IR_$hane you have done this artist proud. A quality addition to my collection.

I'll be back for more and will spread the word.

hutlock, jamesc, IR Shane and 9 others like this.
  9. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Tell me about it.
    I ordered some parts for my Acura from Peoria, AZ.
    Shipped June 10th, was "In Transit" on USPS so-called tracking site for weeks, showed up out of the blue yesterday almost 2 months to the day.
    So we're supposed to trust this POS with millions of voting ballots?
    I don't care who you support, people should be highly skeptical of this.

I've said for years that FEDEX & UPS should split up USPS 50/50 East-West and quit shipping junk mail or charge a lot more.
    My mail is 98% crap that goes straight to the recycle.

BTW, great news all around for IR. Sincerely happy to hear, Shane.
    Pre-ordered JA SACD. DUH!!

10. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

USPS's current issues have been artificially created. And in any event, I'm sure we can find an on-topic thread, rather than this one, in which to discuss this further if we want.

Guss2, Tommyboy, Dreaddazzman and 7 others like this.
  11. mongo

mongo Senior Member

No, my rant is over for this thread ;)

Guss2, IR Shane and tmtomh like this.
  12. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

Hot off the request line:

Jerry Harrison - The Red And The Black

While there are cheap vinyl copies everywhere, a SACD issue would be a bit cheaper than the German CD’s currently on the market. And I’m pretty confident that the IR vinyl would sound better than those initial pressings, too.

13. Bods1968

Bods1968 Forum Resident

Shane ,
    How about Brian Ferry, Boys and Girls? Bête Noire, Mamouna?

14. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

These have been mentioned before but I'm glad that you have mentioned them again....these would be great with the IR treatment and should sell well :agree:.

IR Shane and Chris Bernhardt like this.
  15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

So ... Gilded Palace LP came back in stock and is almost gone again. Haven't even had time to take it off pre-order. Apparently I should have made a bigger order!

16. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I'm not surprised it has sold well, but I am surprised that it's selling as well as you're indicating! That album seems to have legs - has "Deluxe" done nearly as well?

AlienRendel and Juggsnelson like this.
  17. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

SMFTA is back in stock now, and Body and Soul SACD is shockingly close to being out of stock- put in new orders for more Gilded Palace and Body and Soul.

18. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

That's very exciting. You are the hottest record label now!!! :cool:

19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Excellent news!!!

IR Shane, art, tmtomh and 1 other person like this.
  20. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

This could be the first 5.1 SACD from Intervention!

jamesc and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

It sounds so freaking good.

22. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Shane you should consider Joe Jackson Live 1980-1986. I know it would be pricey as a 2 disc set so perhaps it's not doable. However I pulled out my CD set and this great live set needs a major remastering overhaul. It's on the thin side and the CD's are very bright. I don't think this has been remastered by anyone(well maybe vinyl but since I don't do vinyl I don't follow all the releases).

Thanks

Scott

23. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

Great live collection. Looks like MOV did it in 2018, but that may well be a digital transfer. I don't see any mastering/remastering info on that pressing. It doesn't look like the album has ever been remastered for any format.

ad180 likes this.
  24. EricSwan

EricSwan Forum Resident

Shane, since the SACD for Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend is almost announce-able (he said hopefully), have you considered more power pop, e.g. Cheap Trick's "In Color"? Thanks for your perseverance and dedication to premium audio in what has to be the weirdest, hardest business environment by orders of magnitude.

IR Shane, ad180 and Dignan2000 like this.
  25. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

You misspelled "Heaven Tonight," but, yeah. I'd be down for some IR Cheap Trick...

jimhb, bigtail, IR Shane and 8 others like this.