New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Wow, nice slugging. So it does exist but man that just ruins the whole esthetic that I think he was going for with the grainy B&W TV and looking like a 50s ScFi movie advert.

warren likes this.
  2. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

The super deluxe bundle should come with a little figurine of Evel doing a wheelie that you can attach to the top of your cartridge, so while you play the record, he's jumping over it.

3. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Just ordered the repress of Look Sharp... have always loved this album but never been happy with the original CD or vinyl pressings. Looking forward to the aural goodness!

4. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Sounds great! Shane did a great job with it.

5. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

Until you have tackled "12 Bars Of Gold" your mission has no purpose ;-)

IR Shane likes this.
  6. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I like the white better as well

IR Shane likes this.
  7. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Listened to my newly arrived 2nd hand copy of Night & Day- very nice!

IR Shane and David Jakubowski like this.
  8. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

Ordered Joan Armatrading lp when I pre-ordered Church - Starfish.
    Happy to say the Joan arrived today - but no Starfish.
    Sorry if I haven’t read whole thread and missed some info - but is Starfish delayed?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  9. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Both the SACD and vinyl show pre-order, not shipping for Starfish on the IR website...

spaulding likes this.
  10. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Welcome to the JJ-IR club!

Dignan2000, hutlock and rcsrich like this.
  11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

HELLA delayed.

Stoughton and RTI have struggled to keep up since closing for the pandemic. The backups right now are SO INSANE I'm in a quandary.

Putting up pre-orders is how I gauge the interest and during normal-ish operation these go up in time to influence both the number of jackets I order and the pressing runs.

This is crucial- I'd have never ever been able to guess how much the world wanted Starfish, and have upped my jacket and opening press run orders accordingly.

OTOH, people get frustrated when they pre-order and the wait is now running into months on end territory.

I really really want to put Body and Soul up for pre-order in time to figure out if I need to go nuts on the jackets, but I don't want 6-8 mos of "are we there yet" and "where's the album I ordered emails."

These are legit emails and questions btw, I would want to know too. It just sucks trying to juggle all this.

Starfish will be out this summer on LP. But damn, it's frustrating. I was hoping early summer, but right now, just Summer.

Jarleboy, warren, Rob Hughes and 14 others like this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

On the plus side you SACD people are getting it good. I can get those and get em fast.

starfish is absolutely going to hit in May, probably early.

And I'm about to light up Son of Altered Beast for pre-orders.

azideam, factory44, Jarleboy and 29 others like this.
  13. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

:pineapple:

warren, Craig, tmtomh and 1 other person like this.
  14. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

No worry and no hurry Shane.
    Thanks for the reply.

warren, Craig, jamesc and 2 others like this.
  15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

One more thing on IR and industry-wide delays.

I am in high-speed pursuit (ok, Smokey and the Bandit just went up for pre-order on 4K disc, I'm all over it) of several NEW projects at the time. Some promising stuff I hope works out and I'll be able to share.

BUT any green light I would get tomorrow would be for 2022 ... things are THAT BACKED UP.

azideam, ellingtonic, warren and 21 others like this.
  16. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Thanks Shane...biding my time now until the Body & Soul vinyl is available. :D

Munger74, NorthNY Mark and Dai like this.
  17. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

My reaction too!

warren and Craig like this.
  18. tomd

tomd Senior Member

here’s hoping for another Church release (Heyday) on vinyl and SACD!

19. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I really do feel like, being the Church über-nerd that I am, I should be buying the LP. I want to support IR directly (which is why I bought two copies of the SACD) in the hopes that more Church titles get released down the line. Or that other artists I'm interested in get added to the roster. But I feel kinda guilty about buying two copies of the SACD, because even though these aren't advertised as limited edition releases*, I don't want to potentially withhold something that someone wants when I really don't need it. That feeling is why I won't order the LP: as much as I would admire the high-quality artwork, the records would never, ever be touched by a needle as long as I owned it... which defeats the purpose of buying a double-LP in the first place. That copy will go to someone who will play and enjoy it. And I'll have a sealed duplicate of the SACD until the first copy falls apart from being played so much! :D

* By the way, THANK YOU for not pushing the "limited edition" gimmick. It's just a way of artificially increasing the value of something and keeping the scalping business alive and well like a leech attached to a hemophiliac. Your products have the quality to back up their prices - not two arbitrary words which prey on people with OCD, brand loyalty, and that stupid acronym I hate, FOMO. That's a predatory marketing tactic and the fact that it isn't regulated disgusts me. And then there's the scalper thing. I have a feeling scalpers are subscribed to every collectibles newsletter out there and get email alerts any time they see "limited edition".

And I'm certain there are Intervention scalpers, but if your license has a set number of units you're allowed to manufacture, you're smart enough to keep it a secret so the scalpers don't know for sure how limited the market is and therefore don't know what to set the price at. When the pink, digitally brickwalled LP of Mr. Horsey Learns His A-B-C's from Moldy Cottage Cheese Records is strictly limited to 500 copies, and Billy the scalper has 20 in his basement, and he knows that the other 15 scalpers on eBay also probably have 20 copies, he knows that there are only about 150 other copies out there. And if Discogs says 143 people own it, it's a safe bet that he can turn that $30 purchase into $75. On the flip side, if Moldy Cottage Cheese Records just announces that they're selling it for $30, Billy doesn't know how many there are, so he only charges $35 or $40. Maybe $50 if Amazon shows that it's out of stock.

Of course, these will be limited anyway. The contract isn't in perpetuity. Hoarders are still going to hoard these (which is why I feel guilty about buying two SACDs, but I wanted to support directly and $30 didn't seem like a meaningful donation) and scalpers are still going to scalp them. But by not catering to their language and customs, it's doing a service to those of us who want to buy stuff directly, or at least not buy stuff from low-lives who make a living preying on our dedication to our hobbies.

Ugh. Rant over. And sorry about not buying the LP. :p But seriously, thank you.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Dai and Juggsnelson like this.
  20. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Oh, I bet @IR Shane is perfectly OK with you ordering however many copies you want, and letting you share the love with however many people you want to! :D

tmtomh and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Light it up lol!

22. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

Can you share any info on bonus tracks?

23. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

You should totally buy the LP. I don’t see any indication that it will be so limited that you need to feel guilty about that. I may buy the SACD and I have no qualms about it. I have the LP on preorder too.
    I also know how good this remaster is. I’ve heard it many times. It’s well worth the wait. We’re lucky it’s still in the works. Just be patient.

24. I certainly wouldn’t buy two SACDs. I’d buy one SACD and one LP.

25. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

The RTI delays worry me because my experience with RTI Mofi pressings lately has been disappointing. I feel that their QC has taken a significant dip as they look catch up. Hoping for the best with Starfish!