New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Well, the BIGGEST reason I don't want to buy the LP is because I hate vinyl. :D Okay, that's an overstatement - I don't hate vinyl, but I don't like it. I tried it for a while, and it was fun, but after sinking about $1,000 into records and only playing about 25% of them (all of which I had on CD anyway), I lost interest. I've used my turntable once in the past two years, to digitize a 7" with an exclusive B-side. I had it hooked up wrong, with both outputs only getting the left channel - and yet I still just dealt with the incomplete mono result rather than hooking it up properly and trying again. That's how apathetic I am about vinyl.

I know for a fact that the LPs would never, ever get spun if I bought it. I would certainly appreciate the high-quality artwork, but there's no reason for me to buy something that's going to gather dust. And I think I made my opinion of people who buy things and sell them without using them pretty clear earlier when I went on my scalper rant. Not to mention, mailing LPs is a pain in the ass, especially now with everything going on.

As long as there's going to be enough SACDs made available that everyone who wants a copy gets one, I won't need to deal with the hoarder's guilt from my double-dip purchase. As for the LP, it would be buyer's remorse more than anything. I bought probably 10-20 LPs at full price knowing full well I'd never listen to them or even enjoy owning them. Only an idiot would let that number reach 1.

It is kinda hard to balance, though, since everyone knows me as that guy who's off his meds for anything Church-related. I almost feel like I'm letting everyone down! :p No matter - I'll just be the DCL: Digital Church Lunatic™.

Jarleboy, googlymoogly, ggjjr and 2 others like this.
  2. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

My Joan Armatrading LP has arrived and it’s perfect. I love that cover. Fantastic sound and zero surface noise. Backed up or not, RTI is still able to put out some nice pressings. It’s almost as if they save their best efforts for Intervention Records.

3. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Don't worry, we all think you are :crazy: whether you buy the vinyl or not......:D

4. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Hallelujah! :D

5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

warren and IR Shane like this.
  7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

OMG fixing

warren and noname74 like this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

LMK if the links still work

warren and noname74 like this.
  9. noname74

All good!

warren, tmtomh and IR Shane like this.
  10. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS

warren, tmtomh and noname74 like this.
  11. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

The link's working for me.

tmtomh and IR Shane like this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

13. Rushfan

Rushfan Forum Resident

Preorder in for the autographed Son of Altered Beast.SACD.

14. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

15. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Autographed version of Son of ordered!!!! Keep em coming!

16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS MIKE!

warren, tmtomh and MikeT like this.
  17. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I preordered Son of Altered Beast on SACD but screwed up and ordered the non-autographed version. I put in a message to the site requesting a switch. Hoping for the autographed version to complete the set.

IR Shane and warren like this.
  18. noname74

Why not PM Shane with your order details..I am sure he will fix it for you.

warren, sonofjim and tmtomh like this.
  19. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

IR Shane, warren and tmtomh like this.
  20. warren

warren Forum Resident

I have pre-ordered this SACD as well! Thanks yet again, Mr. Buettner!

IR Shane and sonofjim like this.
  21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANK YOU

tmtomh and warren like this.
  22. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

tmtomh, warren and IR Shane like this.
  23. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

So Shane - just curious - Son of Altered Beast is a pretty short album to begin with, so I'm sure you would have jumped at the opportunity to include bonus tracks on the SACD reissue. Were the vaults empty this time around? I went ahead and bought the album anyway, and I'm happy to do so. But the lack of bonus material, after having gotten bonus tracks with Girlfriend, Altered Beast and 100% Fun is somewhat disappointing.

eelkiller and Erick Haight like this.
  24. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

I believe Shane has answered this many times over. The vault of analog master tapes worthy of the Intervention stamp of approval has been exhausted.

The only other official bonus tracks from the AB era are on the Devil cd single, and a flexi disc promo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

tmtomh likes this.
  25. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

In addition to the bonus tracks on the Devil with the Green Eyes CD Single (Eskimo (demo), The Genie (Second Coming), and Swan Song) and the flexi disc track (Something's Got to Give) , other stray tracks from that period include Time Capsule (remix), Time Capsule (demo), This Moment (Victoria Williams tribute album), and Let Me Be the One (Carpenters tribute album). Presumably Shane would have included these tracks had there been analog master tapes available. Though personally, I wouldn't have complained if bonus tracks had been sourced from DATs, CD masters, etc. or other "best available" sources.

I don't have any first hand information regarding additional live recordings. I think it's reasonable to presume that complete recordings were made of the source concerts for the five live tracks included on Son of Altered Beast. But who knows whether additional songs were mixed for possible release.