New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Shane,

Just curious if you've requested anything that turned out was lost in the fire?

longdist01 and IR Shane like this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

No one ever mentions a fire ...

But the best source for a lot of stuff, including just about all the A&M stuff you can see on my website. Safety copies from the A&M archive program from the 90s, and they sound AMAZING! Thank god they did analog to analog!

snkcube, Jarleboy, bajaed and 9 others like this.
  3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

IR Shane, Craig, longdist01 and 4 others like this.
  4. somebodynothing1000

somebodynothing1000 Forum Resident

Dear God, i wish. i always wanted to hear outtakes, jams, isolated tracks of those sessions.

BradB, jamesc, Beaker73 and 1 other person like this.
  5. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Fingers crossed then!
    Now that I know that SRC are the ones who did the original 2x45RPM cut, I have full confidence that even a cut from hi-res digital.... if done to your exacting specs by Kevin.... would be a MASSIVE improvement over the two 2017 issues. SRC have never had the best rep for quality and IR is, well, IR!!

And along the A&M lines, I'll reiterate that Sheryl Crow's 1996 self-titled album is an absolute no-brainer. This thing sold millions, won Grammies, and was recorded by the great Tchad Blake.... and there's NEVER been a vinyl version. That seems absolutely nuts. And so I bet you get denied because someone high up is dragging their feet on this one. (I believe no Sheryl Crow album has seen a vinyl issue save Tuesday Night Music Club.) :shake:

6. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Heck yeah, no brainer if there ever was one.
    But weren't her tapes burned in the infamous Universal fire?

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Interesting. I would presume they mostly archived the mixdown masters for albums? I wonder if they did anything with outtakes/mixes/etc. That would probably have been too wide an undertaking.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    longdist01 likes this.
  8. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Hi Shane.

Requesting this one for a good friend.

Kate & Anna McGarrigle (1976)

Any of their records would be welcomed actually.

Jarleboy, rofffe and Craig like this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

"It's for a friend." Come on, nothing embarrassing about liking this one :)

10. Mok

Mok Has Potential

Anecdotal but it might matter to some:

When I worked for a brief period in the late '90s at Shelter Island in NYC, every single mix session we did was mixed analog down to 1/2" and then the 1/2" output was piped into the DAT. Always had to get the 1/2" there first, and even though the DATs were used for CD mastering (vinyl was nowhere for us then), the 1/2" were made and kept in the library or sent on to the label for archiving. I would not be surprised if this were kind of regular practice for everybody back then.

Kyhl, snkcube, jamesc and 6 others like this.
  11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Cool!

Now for JJ, the original capture was high-res digital.

12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Believe me when I finally do some yacht rock ... I'm not asking for a friend or apologizing to anyone!

Kyhl, Jarleboy, Merrick and 9 others like this.
  13. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

SC did announce her master tapes were a victim of the Universal fire, so don't know if any analogue versions of the first three albums still exist, since only ever released on CD.

Jarleboy likes this.
  14. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

Does this mean Pablo Cruise might be on the table? What about IR-branded Pablo Cruise t-shirts to match?

15. Dylan_BOTT

Dylan_BOTT Member

hutlock likes this.
  16. My Home Townes

My Home Townes Forum Resident

If we are in rec mode, may I add Waylon Jennings to the list?

The Taker/Tulsa, Lonesome, On’ry & Mean, Good Hearted Woman and Dreaming My Dreams.

LoveandTheft, Jarleboy, art and 8 others like this.
  17. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Instant buys.

18. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Shane,did UME ever give you a REASON why a Joe Jackson-Look Sharp! SACD wasn't going to happen or did they just give you the cold shoulder/silence treatment?

19. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

I don't think IR needs to do this one (originals are still plentiful and cheap), but the debut from Christopher Cross has absolutely fantastic sound. And surprisingly, absolutely STACKED with great guitar playing.... including solos from Larry Carlton and Eric Johnson, among others. It's enough of my (non-guilty) pleasure that I actually have 2 copies, cuz each has one absolutely pristine side.
    Also, pro tip: Get an original U.S. with A1 on both sides. The later E1 doesn't sound quite as good.

Jarleboy and lpfreak1170 like this.
  20. attym

attym Forum Resident

hutlock, George P, recstar24 and 2 others like this.
  21. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

hutlock and gabbleratchet7 like this.
  22. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

hutlock likes this.
  23. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I will see both Different Class(although I hope Shane can do an SACD & Vinyl for that Album) and A Storm in Heaven(although would prefer Urban Hymns and A Northern Soul) and raise you OK Computer, Dog Man Star & The Holy Bible(3 of my Top 3 Albums from the 1990s) for SACD & Vinyl, Actually, since VMP only released Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space on Vinyl, as assume they are strictly Vinyl, I wish Shane could get that Album released on SACD.

jamesc, aorecords and hutlock like this.
  24. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

EMI pressed copies of OK Computer from the original UK stampers for years and years. IIRC every EMI release of OKC before they went to XL Records used stampers derived from the same mother/father as a UK 1st. They sound fantastic. What we really need is an audiophile release of Kid A, as everything but the rare UK 1st pressing of that album has sounded really bad on vinyl.

I would insta buy Dog Man Star and Holy Bible for sure.

25. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

OMG, I would kill for a properly mastered vinyl of MSP's Holy Bible (the American mix).
    One of my favorite albums, and it's CDs/vinyl sound terrible.